NJDevs 2019-20 FHL - Dynamo Nation (redruM) Wins!

aylbert

3 hours ago, aylbert said:

@devlman - Unfortunately you do not have a 20th round to trade to @NQDevil
Your lowest pick is a 19th rounder  (254).  This has been used in lieu of your phantom 20th round pick previously traded.

I assumed the intention was to trade your lowest pick.   If this was not the case and you want the trade voided, please say so asap!

I wasn’t trying to make any trade...

On 9/2/2019 at 9:43 PM, aylbert said:

RFA Keeper
We will be allowing a 4th keeper starting NEXT year.    However, this will be for player who has played no more than 100 games (100 games played = RFA eligible keeper, 101 games = RFA ineligible).   Standard keeping rules apply; so the player would need to have been drafted in the 6th round or later.   This keeper, just as all others, is completely optional and will be at the cost of your last available draft pick.    So you can still trade your 20th round pick and later decide to keep a 4th player if you desire.

Rule Highlight

I just want to highlight this change for 2020-21 keepers as it will impact the 2019-20 draft and roster management.   

This 4th keeper slot is a rookie slot.    Let's use last year as an example and say you drafted defenseman Rasmus Dahlin in the 6th round.  He had a fantastic rookie year, putting up 44 pts in 82 games...   but do you keep him?  If you had a decent season, probably not...  unless you want to forfeit a better player now with hopes he makes the next step.

With the rookie keeper you get that second look; provided you drafted him round 6 or later and he has 100 games or less experience.   This will put an additional premium on rookies and players who only played a handful of games the year prior (like those who were sent to juniors after their 10 game look).  

Image result for the more you know gif

Edited by aylbert

25 minutes ago, redruM said:

So this RFA keeper , essentially it will have to change each year?

Yes; it allows you to keep a younger talent on the cheap for an extra season...  before having to push a veteran off your 'UFA' keeper list (our standard 3 keeper list) the following year. 
It's designed to be transitional and not just having 4 permanent keepers. 

Looking back to 2015,  McDavid wouldn't have been eligible as an RFA since he was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2015 fantasy draft, whereas  Eichel would have been eligible to be kept as an RFA since he was drafted in the 6th round.

It also will give you another thing to do pre-draft; as for example, this season I have NO ONE that has played less than 100 games on my roster.   I could go out on the trade market and try acquire one if I desire to the mutual benefit of myself and my trading partner.

Edited by aylbert

29 minutes ago, krunko7 said:

Can we do this RFA keeper thing now? I’ve been roster managing like this for 2 years already and have good options for that

I put together this list, it was a very manual thing as Yahoo didnt make it easy.   I basically just used Career Stats - Split   night games...  and then looked at the close ones.
I believe this is the full list, and yes... it's very clear why you would want this implemented immediately as you have plenty of assets to trade, while the rest of the league is quite barren comparably.

I feel it's best to start on an even playing ground here, where everyone knows going into the season that rookies can be kept an extra year if they were drafted in the 6th round or later.

Dynamo Nation    Brady Tkachuk    
Dynamo Nation    David Rittich    
Eaglejelly    Andrei Svechnikov    
Hard Dump    Ryan Donato    
Neothrashers    Erik Cernak    
Neothrashers    Victor Olofsson    
Neothrashers    Jordan Binnington    
Miles Wood Fight Club    Andreas Johnsson    
Palm on and SLAM    Anthony Cirelli    100 GAMES!  (he would be eligible to be kept as he's right on the 100 games played line)
Squirtle Squad    Rasmus Dahlin    
Wolverines!!!    Elias Pettersson    
Wolverines!!!    Kailer Yamamoto    
Zajac-ing Off    Miro Heisakanen    
Zamboni Warriors    Carter Hart    
Zamboni Warriors    Alex Nedeljkovic    
Zamboni Warriors    Quinn Hughes    
Zamboni Warriors    Erik Brannstrom    
Zamboni Warriors    Filip Zadina    
Zamboni Warriors    Martin Necas    
Zamboni Warriors    Robert Thomas    
Zamboni Warriors    Casey Mittelstadt    

Sworn Defenders    NONE    
Nicoise Salad    NONE    
NJDefenders    NONE    
One More Tank    NONE    

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

While I certainly wouldn't mind the opportunity to keep Heiskanen in that 4th slot - I agree it makes sense to start it next offseason so people can prepare to do so during this season.

Completely agree. Need a season to prepare for this and takes so many young players off the draft board.

• Like 2

ADDITIONAL ROSTER POSITION:  NA (Not Active)
This should be the last change to the rules this season.   This addition serves to advance the goal of expanding the rosterable universe.

With consideration to the RFA keeper; I have added an NA slot.     This will allow for the stashing of ONE player on to your roster who is no longer on an active NHL roster.    The design of this position for our league is for players that have been reassigned to the AHL or juniors; so that your roster can still compete this season while thinking of the future.  

Alternative Usage
There are other implementations: In lieu of stashing a minor or junior player; a team could potentially stash an unsigned player there as well (it's possible suspended players may also qualify, but it is unclear currently).  They must be marked as NA by Yahoo.  While this usage is not the intention of adding this roster spot, it is hereby acknowledged as a valid use of this position and not an exploitation of the position.

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for a fantastic draft.  We completed 20 full rounds of picks (280 in total) in 105 minutes...  or an average pick speed of 22.5 seconds.
I look forward to a great season and would once again like to welcome @NQDevil's Mile Woods Fightclub to our league. He has an excellent showing at the draft.

I also look forward to the long teased name changes...  we'll see if they occur!

Thanks again!

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for a fantastic draft.  We completed 20 full rounds of picks (280 in total) in 105 minutes...  or an average pick speed of 22.5 seconds.
I look forward to a great season and would once again like to welcome [mention=8323]NQDevil[/mention]'s Mile Woods Fightclub to our league. He has an excellent showing at the draft.

I also look forward to the long teased name changes...  we'll see if they occur!

Thanks again!
Cheers bud, had a blast! Most envious of the guy who got Nylander as a keeper, and there was some insanely good picks ups late on! All done before 3am too.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NQDevil said:

Cheers bud, had a blast! Most envious of the guy who got Nylander as a keeper, and there was some insanely good picks ups late on! All done before 3am too.

Hard Dump will have options; as he came in with Barzal, Hischier and Pastrnak...      it's a good problem to have, and something he can let play out and trade as needed late or pre-draft.

JUST A REMINDER, ANYONE NOT DRAFTED IS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE
A LOT OF ROSTER MOVES ARE BEING MADE CURRENTLY - AS YOU CAN UTILIZE IR/NA POSITIONS

• Like 2

Great draft everyone! Way too early to tell pick of the draft goes to getting Bratt so late.

I was really happy with getting Boqvist as late as I did!

The IR+ is by far the best addition to the league this year.

10 days until devils regular season hockey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1