Hockey related programming during the break

mfitz804

I’m watching “Tough Guy”, the documentary about Bob Probert. Really sad stuff. 

Also, it never dawned on me that his given name was obviously Robert, not Bob. 

Robert Probert. His parents thought that was a good idea. No wonder he was just Bob. 

• 4 weeks later...

Found this gem of Chico being mic’d up in goal vs the Rangers in a game from ‘83

Seems like Chico was almost always his jovial self whether between the pipes or in the booth. Pretty cool to hear young Doc narrate the whole thing as well. Below is the painting that inspired this research

cfc2305a450aeaf40144dd0729f4c54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

On 3/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, mfitz804 said:

Robert Probert. His parents thought that was a good idea. No wonder he was just Bob. 

I watched that on Amazon Prime last week, I really enjoyed it. Some of Probert's traits that made him a great enforcer made his incredibly self-destructive. Great interviews with Kocur, Domi, Grimson, Chelios, Twist and others.

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

I watched that on Amazon Prime last week, I really enjoyed it. Some of Probert's traits that made him a great enforcer made his incredibly self-destructive. Great interviews with Kocur, Domi, Grimson, Chelios, Twist and others.

I'm actually reading the autobiography he was writing when he died. I'll have to check out the documentary. I saw that the Grant Fuhr one is in prime too

On 4/22/2020 at 8:09 PM, cgb6397 said:

Found this gem of Chico being mic’d up in goal vs the Rangers in a game from ‘83

Seems like Chico was almost always his jovial self whether between the pipes or in the booth. Pretty cool to hear young Doc narrate the whole thing as well. Below is the painting that inspired this research

cfc2305a450aeaf40144dd0729f4c54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well done painting!

my messed up brain, however, saw it as Count Chico climbing out of his coffin after a very restful slumber and now I cannot unsee it... thanks quarantine! 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Very well done painting!

my messed up brain, however, saw it as Count Chico climbing out of his coffin after a very restful slumber and now I cannot unsee it... thanks quarantine! 

I come to eat your nachos, ah ah ah!!!

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, jagknife said:

Very well done painting!

Maybe Gary Bettman is the one who turned him:

See the source image

• 1 month later...

Twenty-five years ago today, Neal Broten scored this OT goal against Pittsburgh to put the Devils up 3 games to 1 in the second round, another great moment in a magical run. Nice setup by John MacLean. I can't find this goal on the web anywhere but here. Starts at 6:25 of the video.

11 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Twenty-five years ago today, Neal Broten scored this OT goal against Pittsburgh to put the Devils up 3 games to 1 in the second round, another great moment in a magical run. Nice setup by John MacLean. I can't find this goal on the web anywhere but here. Starts at 6:25 of the video.

Love it.

I couldn't make this game, but I went to Game 3, a couple of days before (a 5-1 Devils win).  I've told this one before, but what made this game memorable (aside from the awesome result) was this drunken and pissed off Penguins fan in the row right behind me.  Devils led 3-1 heading into the third, and as the clock was becoming more and more of an issue for the Penguins, this guy started chirping relentlessly about how the Devils were this no-talent bunch of clutchers and grabbers...once Claude Lemieux scored to make 4-1 late in the third to put the game away, that guy took the bitchery up a few more notches.  Some Devils fan within arm's reach of the Penguin whiner then started asking "Huh?  What was that?"  Drunken Pens fan keeps up the yapping.  Devils fan kept the exchange going (with the Pens fan leaning in closer and closer to the Devils fan), and just before the Devils scored again to make it 5-1, the Devils fan popped the Penguin guy right in the face, and then they went at it (until security broke them up).  Devils fan definitely got the better of that one, though it helps when you land a sucker punch.  I can't say it necessarily should've come to that, but at the time I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of funny...the whole proceeding had this very slapstick kind of feel to it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I had a female Flyers fan dump an entire beer on my little brothers BRAND NEW Parise jersey after a shellacking back in the day.  Never seen a woman tackled by security so fast. Her dumbass boyfriend just stood there with this look on his face like "fvckin becky cut the sh!t"

It took longer than I would've thought for security to get down there at my game...I wanna say it was a good 20-30 seconds that they were grappling/throwing punches before they were pulled away from each other.

I just remembered that as the Penguin fan was getting taken away, some other Devils fan with one of those intoxicated voices that has a way of making everything he says sound that much funnier kept saying "Yeeeeeeah!  How does THAT feel?  How does that FEEL?!  YEAAAAAAH DEVILS!"  Penguin fan heard a lot as he was being dragged out.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 3

On 3/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, mfitz804 said:

Like the Maestro Bob Cobb

• Haha 1