Nas back as an assistant - boooooooooooooooo

Colorado Rockies 1976

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think he's got a good foundation. Blackwood could be shaping up to be a starter. We are set at center for a while, plus this draft could be huge. He is really in prime position to build off of Shero and has the team turn the corner in the next couple of seasons. 

there's no way to know but i wish we REALLY knew what Blackwood is right now.... cause this year seem to be the year to get a goalie... there's many really good ones that are rumoured to be available either through trades, free agency, then there's askarov in the draft...

Goalies are so unpredictable though, i wan't to believe blackwood is the real deal but i'm really not sure.

6 minutes ago, Guadana said:

cmon, guys.
SD, Of course, everyone really knows that Lou fvcked up with Conte. Not only with him. And his fire was fair. Everyone is just grateful for all the good things that have happened in the franchise's history. Everyone understands that Shero had to build everything from ruines. Absolutely everyone, except mfitz, loves our players. Many even like Zacha. Almost all like Hughes. But Shero was really trying to sit on two chairs and make a quick rebild. It didn't work out. Thanks him  very much for the trades, and for the fact that some of the draftyears came out really well. But he was also fired on business.
We've said this many times before. People know your position. Everyone knows what happened and how it happened. Everyone puts accents in their own way. This can't be affected.
Let's just move on. Here we should criticize or praise Fitz for saving Nasruddin's job.

Again, have you missed all the posts saying that Shero didn't rebuild fast enough? That we couldn't take our time? That was 5 was plenty of time, that we needed to be back in the playoffs? It's not true that everyone was on the same page.

And i'm not even talking about Daniel, who just went nuts on Shero and made no sense at all. 

Like i won't bother going through my posts to find it but i've had debate saying the rebuilt was going to take the time it would take, impossible to put a number on it... that it takes time and luck, depends on how players develops etc etc and some fans were arguing against me saying this is a business and in businesses we need results and that Shero was not bringing them. That they needed to be in the playoffs now etc etc

I'm did NOT dream this. 

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think he's got a good foundation. Blackwood could be shaping up to be a starter. We are set at center for a while, plus this draft could be huge. He is really in prime position to build off of Shero and has the team turn the corner in the next couple of seasons. 

Not sure I would say we are set at center. Hopefully we have 1 and 2 covered, #3 is on his way out, and #4 is Zacha. 

12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There's enough interesting youth around that I think there's at least good reason to hope that becoming competitive might not be too far away.  Just hope it breaks the right way.  

I wish I could say the improved record (19-12-7) down the stretch was a factor in my optimism, but it isn't.  The Devils were just way too reliant on getting elite-level goaltending too many times in getting there (the numbers aside from the record were still not terribly good). 

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Again, have you missed all the posts saying that Shero didn't rebuild fast enough? That we couldn't take our time? That was 5 was plenty of time, that we needed to be back in the playoffs? It's not true that everyone was on the same page.

And i'm not even talking about Daniel, who just went nuts on Shero and made no sense at all. 

Like i won't bother going through my posts to find it but i've had debate saying the rebuilt was going to take the time it would take, impossible to put a number on it... that it takes time and luck, depends on how players develops etc etc and some fans were arguing against me saying this is a business and in businesses we need results and that Shero was not bringing them. That they needed to be in the playoffs now etc etc

I'm did NOT dream this. 

When I say everyone , I mean "most". But you cant force people think exactly like you think. I think Shero was too chicken to make a real rebuild. Not fast rebuild. I mean Rebuild. He can trade Hall earlier, he can trade Butcher. I think he was tryin to bet too often and too risky for rebuilding team. Everyone analyzes the details in their own way. Most importantly, the story is over. We have Fitz now.

______

We are good at centers. Zacha is our third center and he is ok as minimum. Because of points. If we will pick centers in this draft(which is full of great wingers)  in first round when we are empty in wingers and D - it will be stupid as minimum.

Edited by Guadana

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

there's no way to know but i wish we REALLY knew what Blackwood is right now.... cause this year seem to be the year to get a goalie... there's many really good ones that are rumoured to be available either through trades, free agency, then there's askarov in the draft...

Goalies are so unpredictable though, i wan't to believe blackwood is the real deal but i'm really not sure.

Yeah that last month of games might have given us more of an idea. I think we we'll how the team views him when we see what kind of contract he gets. And I think if we can grab a goalie we should. I one Schneider but it just doesn't look like he's ever gonna get back to what he was. I'm guessing the Devils try to entice Seattle to take him

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure I would say we are set at center. Hopefully we have 1 and 2 covered, #3 is on his way out, and #4 is Zacha. 

I think Zacha slides into that 3rd center slot once Zajac is gone unless Ruff wants him at wing. Then the 4th line center could be some combination McLeod, Merkely, Rooney or maybe even Maltsev or Schnarr depending how long Zajac stays

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think Zacha slides into that 3rd center slot once Zajac is gone unless Ruff wants him at wing. Then the 4th line center could be some combination McLeod, Merkely, Rooney or maybe even Maltsev or Schnarr depending how long Zajac stays

Yes, and Zacha at 3 and McLeod at 4 doesn't scream "all set" to me. 

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There's enough interesting youth around that I think there's at least good reason to hope that becoming competitive might not be too far away.  Just hope it breaks the right way.  

I wish I could say the improved record (19-12-7) down the stretch was a factor in my optimism, but it isn't.  The Devils were just way too reliant on getting elite-level goaltending too many times in getting there (the numbers aside from the record were still not terribly good). 

personally while its frustrating to watch and go through, in my mind we're  "rebuilding". I don't actually care about our standings or records. I basically see these season as... a time we're putting pieces together trying to figure out things. So i want to see progress but i don't care if we lose.

I do understand and can agree to "some" extend to the whole "building a winning culture" thing but i also think it's overplayed by some. We can have the best winning culture you want, if you don't have the talent you won't get far

Obviously i don't like feeling like im supporting tanking, but that's something else that, we were so close to rock bottom, tanking is literally the only way out to rebuild. 

49 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I’m perfectly fine drafting Askarov with one of the two later firsts if he is still on the board. I like Blackwood too, but like you said, goalies are unpredictable. Beyond Blackwood, it’s Gilles Senn and Akira Schmid. That doesn’t make me sleep well at night should Blackwood regress/not meet expectations in the long-term.

Edited by MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m perfectly fine drafting Askarov with one of the two later firsts if he is still on the board. I like Blackwood too, but like you said, goalies are unpredictable. Beyond Blackwood, it’s Gilles Senn and Akira Schmid. That doesn’t make me sleep well at night should Blackwood regress/not meet expectations in the long-term.

risovach_ru.thumb.jpg.267170fdd9d4d2d1c1da90e280bb3d32.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Guadana said:

risovach_ru.thumb.jpg.267170fdd9d4d2d1c1da90e280bb3d32.jpg

You sure they weren’t talking about Cory?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, and Zacha at 3 and McLeod at 4 doesn't scream "all set" to me. 

But having a number 1 and number 2 center for the next 10 years is a great position to be in. You don't think that gives Fitz a good position going forward? I feel like that's just being negative for the sake of being negative

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

But having a number 1 and number 2 center for the next 10 years is a great position to be in. You don't think that gives Fitz a good position going forward? I feel like that's just being negative for the sake of being negative

That’s not what he said. He said that we are set at center. You think that we’re set at center?

You’re also assuming that Hughes pans out. I know saying that makes people turn red, but he has to pan out for that to put us in a great position. I’ll emphasize, I think he will. But am I sold that he’s going to be a great center for 10 years? Not yet. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

ah well drafting Askarov if he's available at 18 is a no brainer, but he won't be

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s not what he said. He said that we are set at center. You think that we’re set at center?

You’re also assuming that Hughes pans out. I know saying that makes people turn red, but he has to pan out for that to put us in a great position. I’ll emphasize, I think he will. But am I sold that he’s going to be a great center for 10 years? Not yet. 

If Nico continues to develop as he is and Hughes can put the tools he has together, yes I think we would be set. A 3rd and 4th center is something that can be found but to have a legit 1-2 punch is huge. I'm not saying it's definite, I'm saying there is potential that Fitz can build off of if things break right for us. And I guess it could be a little overly optimistic of me. 

I also think he trades one of the later 1sts at the draft. 

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If Nico continues to develop as he is and Hughes can put the tools he has together, yes I think we would be set. A 3rd and 4th center is something that can be found but to have a legit 1-2 punch is huge. I'm not saying it's definite, I'm saying there is potential that Fitz can build off of if things break right for us. And I guess it could be a little overly optimistic of me. 

I also think he trades one of the later 1sts at the draft. 

Agreed, I can’t imagine we use all of the 1sts.

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone with a pick higher than 18 or 20 that needs to dump salary? I’d trade up...

Trade up I could probably get behind if they have their eye on someone, just don’t trade a 1st for a mediocre “ready now” player like a Mirco Mueller. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

ah well drafting Askarov if he's available at 18 is a no brainer, but he won't be

Yeah I highly doubt he’ll be on the board at 18. 

11 hours ago, Nicomo said:

There’s going to be some really good forwards still on the board at 18 & 20. I’m pretty against trading any of the 1sts. 

Depends on the offer, of course.