GDT: Devils @ Calgary 10:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

interesting enough Binninghton is apparently available

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/ice-breakers-golden-knights-lehner-could-miss-remainder-of-regular-season/

And funny that in that article Blackwood has been mentionned as a goalie available

No thank you. There is a reason he is being shopped. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. As much as I’d love Andrei Vasilevsky, I don’t think that happening lol

I mean I suppose you could trade Dawson Mercer and some other stuff in some blockbuster trade, and then have a great goalie and your second line is Zacha, Geertsen, and Foote. 

Obviously I'm joking, because anyone trading us an elite goalie wouldn't leave us with Mason Geertsen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Well...then what's the plan? If we are going to go get someone else, its going to have to be a guy that someone wants to let go...

I don't know, but I don't think the answer is to give up assets to obtain 28 year old who has been declining season on season and is signed through to 2027 at $6 million a year. 

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know, but I don't think the answer is to give up assets to obtain 28 year old who has been declining season on season and is signed through to 2027 at $6 million a year. 

Well yes, maybe not THAT guy. But it'll have to be someone whose team has a reason they are letting him go. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Binnington's been just meh enough that if Fitz was interested in trading for him, he should tell the Blues that they're taking Tatar off his hands (Devils are taking several years back).  Devils could give them Blackwood as well as an expendable or two (basically guys who have no chance to be a part of the future here...say, Johnsson).  The Blues could wave bye-bye to both Tatar and Johnsson after next season (unless they're able to move them first).  

Not saying that I would make this trade (that is a scary contract from a pure length standpoint), but Binnington has a .909 save% since the start of 2019...it's more of a salary dump for the Blues, than anything else.  If they want to deal off a question mark, fine, but then you're getting a question mark in net back, and given the length of his contract, nothing else that's desirable.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Binnington's been just meh enough that if Fitz was interested in trading for him, he should tell the Blues that they're taking Tatar off his hands (Devils are taking several years back).  Devils could give them Blackwood as well as an expendable or two (basically guys who have no chance to be a part of the future here...say, Johnsson).  The Blues could wave bye-bye to both Tatar and Johnsson after next season (unless they're able to move them first).  

Not saying that I would make this trade (that is a scary contract from a pure length standpoint), but Binnington has a .909 save% since the start of 2019...it's more of a salary dump for the Blues, than anything else.  If they want to deal off a question mark, fine, but then you're getting a question mark in net back, and given the length of his contract, nothing else that's desirable.   

At this point I’d much rather bank on Blackwoods development than a Binnington return-to-form. If Binnington stays as a .909 and Blackwood gets back to what he was doing pre covid and injuries it would end up being a pretty lopsided trade 

24 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

At this point I’d much rather bank on Blackwoods development than a Binnington return-to-form. If Binnington stays as a .909 and Blackwood gets back to what he was doing pre covid and injuries it would end up being a pretty lopsided trade 

Yeah I'm with ya...like I said, I wouldn't do it myself.  In Blackwood's case, the Devils aren't tied to Blackwood for five more years at not-cheap dollars.  If anything you could probably take Blackwood out of the mix, and give them Bernier and a draft pick (along with Tatar and Johnsson...probably one or the other).  It's a salary dump for a guy who's play has been largely ordinary since winning the Cup...the cap relief (Tatar, Johnsson and Bernier are all only signed through next season) and not having to pay Binnington is the real win for the Blues.  They probably shouldn't expect to get very much back.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976