2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread

NJDevs4978

This is just repulsive to watch. So stupid, helpless, and inept. The Jets defense and their special teams is tremendous, and at a level you could conceivably get to a Super Bowl with with. Yet their offense can't even operate at a slightly below average level. If they could be around the 19-24th best O in the league this team would be fine...but no they're an absolute worst of the worst joke. This team is 4-5 when any kind of pulse on offense would have us at 6-3.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Once again fvck you Joe and Woody for not even paying table scraps to get Josh Dobbs

They absolutely torpedoed what could've been a very good, live, in the mix team even without Rodgers that would've been in the playoffs this year with a chance to beat anyone. But no...plod on with Zach Wilson and waste an incredible defensive season as you watch your hopeless bust embarrass himself and drag the team down

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

Also time to pull the plug on Rodgers and any fairytale comeback nonsense. The team will soon be 4-7 there's no sense in getting him back for meaningless football

This is Diaz 2.0, he’ll be ready and the team will be way out of it.

• Like 1

Bills can their OC Ken Dorsey.  Can't say this comes as a major shock...the Bills being 5-5 (and their offense sorely underachieving) meant something had to be done sooner than later.

Feel sorry for anyone who subjects themselves to the Giants - Pats game.  I'm rooting for the Pats to lose every game from here on out...they need a QB and they need as many "top of the round" picks as possible.  They also need this thing to bottom out so badly that Kraft and BB agree to part ways.  BB is not the guy to oversee a full rebuild...maybe in the right situation, with a team that has several pieces in place, he can find new life.  But it's SO over in NE...just is...so much the same as it was for Lou with the Devils.  You can have enjoyed tremendous success at one point, and be the wrong guy at the wrong time later.   

On 11/12/2023 at 2:33 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Once again fvck you Joe and Woody for not even paying table scraps to get Josh Dobbs

The whole Zach Wilson thing is a fireable offense for the GM. The owner, of course, is a clown. I'm not a big Saleh fan, but they tied his hands on this one. If he had a backbone, though, he'd make waves and insist on having options. It's so dysfunctional.

I've seen a lot of dumb things in my many years watching this team, and teflon Zach Wilson is right up near the top of the list of utter foolishness. It's football management malpractice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

The whole Zach Wilson thing is a fireable offense for the GM. The owner, of course, is a clown. I'm not a big Saleh fan, but they tied his hands on this one. If he had a backbone, though, he'd make waves and insist on having options. It's so dysfunctional.

I've seen a lot of dumb things in my many years watching this team, and teflon Zach Wilson is right up near the top of the list of utter foolishness. It's football management malpractice.

I struggle to name anything dumber this side of hiring Rich Kotite and Adam Gase

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And in addition to everything else it's a disgrace Siemian's inactive for fvcking Tim Boyle, just more a part of not making the Mormon feel threatened.

Boomer said it’s reached the point where the Jets should just flat-out release Zach and call it a day.  I agree fully.

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And Tim Boyle starting lol, guess because he’s Rodgers buddy otherwise what in the holy hell is the point of Trevor Siemian being here?

No tape on this guy; our defense better be ready. These scenarios always scare me in division road games. 

,Jets team has quit on the season. After the Raiders debacle it became clear what was going to unfold. Douglas basically checked out gave up after Rodgers got hurt and refused to do anything to give them a chance. When your GM shows no fight and stops competing then soon the players will too. Having Boyle and Wilson starting games for you is an insult to the defense which for a while was working miracles (as well as the special teams) but that couldnt last forever. Now the team has collectively quit and I don't know if I could really blame them with the way management threw in the towel after Rodgers injury. 

Douglas could've so easily avoided this. When it's so glaring that no effort is being made to win, even when the team got to 4-3, when it showed it deserved some kind of support...and it gets nothing...well of course it's going to fall apart. It's insulting to the Jets D to have Wilson start 9(!!!) games this year with Boyle getting a start himself. How long were they supposed to put up with the worst QB in football? 10 games of Wilson/Boyle with no attempt to remedy the situation is criminal

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1