World Cup: Who you rootin' for?

sheeps

Who are you rooting for to win the World Cup?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for to win the World Cup?

• Canada
    • Finland
    • Don't care

I was just saying that because Sammy felt so confident that USA was better then Canada. I hope Canada does mop Finland but with the style of game both teams play I think it will be a 2 - 1 game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did I ever say Team Canada was better than Team USA? I always root for the underdog, the underdog just happened to be Team USA which I would root for if the were the favorites.

I hope Canada lays a stomp hole in Finland. I am Canadian and I love to show it. Also for Sammy, if Finland is good enough to beat USA by only 1 goal then they aren't near good enough to compete with Canada.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeez now I know I'm rooting for the Fins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You allready hate everything to do with Canada so that doesn't surprise me.

I hope Canada lays a stomp hole in Finland. I am Canadian and I love to show it. Also for Sammy, if Finland is good enough to beat USA by only 1 goal then they aren't near good enough to compete with Canada.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeez now I know I'm rooting for the Fins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You allready hate everything to do with Canada so that doesn't surprise me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was just waiting for you to say that, heh...

Edit: That = your original comment

Edited by mrsheeps

I know you've read here this offseason, you have to remember half the Devil fans (I'm not in that category) don't particularly care for Nieds anymore, they think he's a mercenary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh crap, I did miss most of that part of the off-season though with all my travellin'...

What's the big deal that the Americans want Canada to lose?

I don't know about you but when the USA Dream Team plays I root against them and some country beats them. Now a days it isn't so rare but a few years ago it would never happen.

When the Ryder Cup is on I always root for Europe.

Thats just the way I am so I can't blame them for wanting Canada to lose. I know some of them think hat Canadians are so cocky when they come to hockey and in some cases it is true.

Edited by devilsrule33

Well, it's 26-17 Canada, so it's not totally a Finland-fest.

Actually, that flys in the face of Gretzky's tirade at the last Olympics. The whole "everyone wants to get us... everyone wants to see us lose". Apparently, it's not everyone.

But yeah, DR, I agree. Many people like to see the world champs get beat by the underdog. As I enjoyed watching the U.S. Olympic basketball team get beat (and I wasn't the only one... there were a lot in the U.S. that were hoping that team would lose badly), I would understand people wanting to see the underdogs win.

And as I say that, am I being cocky automatically calling Finland the underdogs? They've shown throughout this tournament that they are a force... a real team that scores by committee.

All right, hate's too strong a word.

I dislike Gretzky, because i was sick of the lovefest when he became a ranger & the gretz & mess 'together again' storyline.

I dislike Lemieux because of the years he spent 'literally' on the ice looking at the ref giving him that 'what're you crazy' look when a penalty wasn't called because he was touched.

Otherwise I like Canada.

Well, it's 26-17 Canada, so it's not totally a Finland-fest.

How would it look if there were no Devils on Team Canada. Think Finland would be getting more votes? I'd think so according to some of the posts in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, or if the Devils had a famous Finn...