Pet Peeves

ciyenne

I thought I would start a thread for everyone to post their pet peeves. Rant away and get it off your chest: it will add 10 years to your life!

My pet peeves, oh there are many:

1) People who say 'misheveeeeeous' and 'pro-noun-ciation'.

2) Parents who take children to public places like restaurants and let them run around screaming without telling them to 'shut the hell up!'. It's rude and offensive. I pay good money to go to a restaurant so I can eat good food and spend quality time with whomever I'm spending time with, not to be deafened by your little brat who really should know better. Do these people not realise that their children are embarrassing them and showing them to be irresponsible? And children who run around a house that is not their's and start going through draws and touching thing. What happened to 'children should be seen and not heard'? Do their parents teach them no manners?!

3) 'Baby on Board' stickers in cars. Do you think I care? Am I going to drive 5 miles more slowly and give you a wide bearth because you have a baby on board? Do you think having them is going to prevent an accident? What about when the baby is not on board? Do you take the sticker down?

4) Women who faff around in a line at the checkout then when they get to the cash till have to scrounge for hours in their purses for the money. What were you doing for the 20 minutes you were in the queue?

5) People who say 'I want a suitcase what's black'. 'What's black'? What kind grammar is that?

6) (last one) People who think that the 'wherefore' in 'wherefore art thou Romeo' means 'where'. It does not mean 'where', why would she ask that? It means 'why', she is wondering WHY he is a Montague and not some other noble lad so she can marry him!

GAH! :argh:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) Someone down in the laundry room that couldn't give me 2 minutes to go down and pick up the clothes out of the dryer. They place the clothes on top of the dryer, crumpled up in a ball. ARGH!

(2) People who think the appropriate place to stop at a red light or stop sign is 3 feet INTO THE INTERSECTION. Now, I'm sure this is an annoyance to the cars going the other way, but for pedestrians, they are stuck and have to either squeeze between the offending car and the car behind him, walk directly into the intersection or wait for the next light.

(3) IDIOTS WITH $100 cars and $1,000 stereos BLASTING THEIR RAP, HIP-HOP, HARDCORE METAL, ETC. Similarly, people on the bus BLASTING their music through their headphones. Why bother with headphones if you're going to play the music so loud you can hear it from one end of the bus to the other?

(4) The farmers at the market that sell baskets of berries (ie strawberries) and put 3/4 squished and over-ripe berries at the bottom of the basket and cover them with good berries. Same idea: Why, when I buy corn flakes, do I find that the bottom 1/4 is just crushed dust? There are flakes at the top, flake chips in the middle and dust at the bottom.

(5) Advertisements that are twice as loud as the TV show I am watching. I have to hold the remote and adjust the volume (or change the channel) through the commercials.

(6) The billboard across from my apartment building always has ads for Tim Hortons. Bagels. Strawberry tarts. Egg Salad sandwiches and chili in a bread bowl (the bowl is made of bread). Mmmmmmmm..... Problem: THERE IS NO TIM HORTONS WITHIN A 15 MINUTE DRIVE OF MY PLACE. I have to get a bus across town to get to a Tims.

(7) Cocky Senators fans.

(8) All breakfast places here have the same deal: 2 eggs, toast, sausages and homefries for $3. I asked for 2 eggs, homefries and a grilled cheese sandwich and it costs $8. "Sorry, the grilled cheese is not the special." Since when did a slice of cheese cost $5 more than 4 sausages?

(9) I'm in a rush at Future Shop. I buy my digital camera, iPod, what have you. I make my selection. I go to pay for it - and the guy won't let me pay for it until he gives me his half hour speil on why I NEED the extended warrenty. I say no, I don't want the warrenty. She/he will argue with me: "Well, why don't you want it?". "I just don't want it." "Well, that's not a very good reason." "Give me my camera before I kill you."

(10) Posters that quote a page long message and write "Me too" or something equally curt.

(1) Someone down in the laundry room that couldn't give me 2 minutes to go down and pick up the clothes out of the dryer. They place the clothes on top of the dryer, crumpled up in a ball. ARGH!

(2) People who think the appropriate place to stop at a red light or stop sign is 3 feet INTO THE INTERSECTION. Now, I'm sure this is an annoyance to the cars going the other way, but for pedestrians, they are stuck and have to either squeeze between the offending car and the car behind him, walk directly into the intersection or wait for the next light.

(3) IDIOTS WITH $100 cars and $1,000 stereos BLASTING THEIR RAP, HIP-HOP, HARDCORE METAL, ETC. Similarly, people on the bus BLASTING their music through their headphones. Why bother with headphones if you're going to play the music so loud you can hear it from one end of the bus to the other?

(4) The farmers at the market that sell baskets of berries (ie strawberries) and put 3/4 squished and over-ripe berries at the bottom of the basket and cover them with good berries. Same idea: Why, when I buy corn flakes, do I find that the bottom 1/4 is just crushed dust? There are flakes at the top, flake chips in the middle and dust at the bottom.

(5) Advertisements that are twice as loud as the TV show I am watching. I have to hold the remote and adjust the volume (or change the channel) through the commercials.

(6) The billboard across from my apartment building always has ads for Tim Hortons. Bagels. Strawberry tarts. Egg Salad sandwiches and chili in a bread bowl (the bowl is made of bread). Mmmmmmmm..... Problem: THERE IS NO TIM HORTONS WITHIN A 15 MINUTE DRIVE OF MY PLACE. I have to get a bus across town to get to a Tims.

(7) Cocky Senators fans.

(8) All breakfast places here have the same deal: 2 eggs, toast, sausages and homefries for $3. I asked for 2 eggs, homefries and a grilled cheese sandwich and it costs $8. "Sorry, the grilled cheese is not the special." Since when did a slice of cheese cost $5 more than 4 sausages?

(9) I'm in a rush at Future Shop. I buy my digital camera, iPod, what have you. I make my selection. I go to pay for it - and the guy won't let me pay for it until he gives me his half hour speil on why I NEED the extended warrenty. I say no, I don't want the warrenty. She/he will argue with me: "Well, why don't you want it?". "I just don't want it." "Well, that's not a very good reason." "Give me my camera before I kill you."

(10) Posters that quote a page long message and write "Me too" or something equally curt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate 10 too

edit:stupid grammar :rant:

Edited by Swede

See for peeve 6 ciy -- it's because actresses say

"wherefore ART thou Romeo" rather than "WHEREFORE art thou ROMEO?"

If your asking where you accent where ARE you? If your askign why you accent WHY are you WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE????

I hate the way people think "Now is the winter of our discontent..." is the complete thought. I mean it's NOW is the winter of our discontent... made GLORIOUS SUMMER by: (me :evil: ) the Son of York :P

I also hate silly little teenage boybands who sing about true love and heartbreak. Hello! You probably haven't even left home yet, what the hell do you know about this?

And also, parents who want to sue the government because their soldier child who VOLUNTEERED for the army got killed in combat. What the hell do they think happens in a war? that the enemy would approach and give them flowers?

people who drive the limit in the left lane.. get outta my way people.

girls/or boys... but ive only had the problem with girls.. who are really good friends and then they get a boyfriend or gf and like can never talk to u again.

People who are not polite, as in saying thank you if i happen to hold a door for them, or if they drop something and i pick it up, and they just dont say a word.

20 items in the 12 item express line.. i can be patient when there are like 15. But i like Shoprites new system.. that probably tried to stretch the rules by putting ABOUT 12 items.. but made it worse.. cause the people with 20 items would go there before now the people with 30 items think about means them too.

Edited by langsgirl

People with whom you watch a film who keep asking: why's she doing that, what's going to happen? What are they doing? What does that mean? Does she die?

SHUT UP AND WATCH THE BLOODY FILM!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha my bf does that.. he asks whats gonna happen or tries to ask if he is right about whats gonna happen if its a film i already saw...

i on the other handa sk question when i dont understand what happened.. during the film, which i am sure is just as annoying lol.

What is wrong with saying PIN and ATM? I dont have an ATM card but when someone tells me they need money to go out i say.. do u want me to drive u to the ATM.. are u supposet to spell out PIN? Or say personal ID #... seems like the abbreviation is the way to go to me.

Saying ATM or PIN is ok, its annoying if they say "ATM machine" or "PIN number" because its redundant.

-Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about MAC Card, too.

Here's one of mine (can't really think of any others right now):

- People with a $500 car (w/rust and mismatched panels) and $2000 rims.

-Dan

These two things happened to me during the last game I attended:

Girls, or guys (females are usually more quilty of this) that go to a game and sit behind you and either:

A) talk on their cell phones the whole game about their jobs or somthing totally unrelated to the game or

B) talk NONSTOP throughout the whole game about their boyfriends pet or their favorite nailpolish :blahblah:

My question is WHY did you buy these seats, spend that kind of money, (our tickets are never under 70 bucks), to a hockey game when you could have had that same freaking conversation at a Tim Horton's? If it does not relates to the game I am watching I don't want to hear you rattle on about it for sixty flipping minutes!

Also, I wanna know who comes up with these stupid annoying gimmicks to give out before the games. The latest genious idea was the "spirit sticks" I am sure that you have seen them. They are the plastic, ballon-type sticks that you clap together to make noise during the game. They look harmless enough, I mean how loud can slapping two plastic sticks be during a hockey game? :blink:

We found out soon enough, when a kid sat beside me during the game and pounded them together, without ceasing for three straight periods. I wanted to pound them over his head before the night was through. :wacko:

People who wait for close parking spaces at the mall or stores. They want to park 15 spaces closer to avoid walking further, meanwhile they plan on spending 1 to 4 hours 'walking' in the mall.

Drivers who you let turn in front of you, then don't give you the 'thank you' wave.

Co-workers who take a smoking break every hour & don't work a minute past their work time.

In the refrigerator, small things on big shelves. e.g. Putting back a 2 liter bottle of soda, but the only big shelf is full of 4 small jars.

Garbage which blows for hundreds of yards from the main street, then settles on my lawn and never gets blown further.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

How about MAC Card, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I thought MAC stood for Money Access CENTER... :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure it's Money Access Card.

Here's some more of mine:

- People who try to be nice and stop to let someone make a left, totally ignoring the fact that they are stopping for no reason (or warning) and almost causing an accident behind them.

- People who beep at me

- People I beep at

- People who disregard the alternate merge when lanes of slow moving traffic come together. Does being one more car ahead REALLY make you that much happier?

- Buses who tailgate

- Soccer moms in Expedition sized vehicles that have NO CLUE how to drive something that big.

- People who say "supposably"

Nothing personal towards anyone, these things just irk me for some reason.

-Dan

ELDON - thank you.. i knew i had just told my bf a pet peeve the other night and couldnt remember it.. but u brought it up sorta... it was people who smoke and take 15 cig breaks at work but since i dont smoke im expected to just take my lunch and one break... GRRRRR..

And.. i really hate when people in a convertible drive with the windows up but the top down... I had a convertible.. i understand the wind may be slightly less.. but its not really a difference.. and i dont get why u would by the convertible if u didnt want a little breeze.

And someone might have said something along these lines.. but when someone driving just switches lanes for no reason.. no one in front of them or behind them.. and they just feel it necessary to move over 1 lane.. and u are in that lane coming at them... now i have to move over cause they moved for no reason in front of me.

People who are not close family or friends who call after 10pm. It gets me in a panic because to me, people only call that late if something's wrong not to talk about the bloody weather.

People who throw things out of bus windows- grow up.

Chewing gum. I hate it when people stick it under tables or on chairs. I can tolerate spitting it in the street although I'd prefer if they found a bin, but to put your hand under a table and to encouter sticky mess is just repulsive.

People on trains/buses who spend the entire journey telling people 'yeah, I'm on the train'.

Little children who say 'I want to be famous'. Famous for what? I remember that only about 10 years ago, children would want to be famous for something...footb ball, or singing or gymnastics, now they just want celebrity. I think it's a poor reflection on the changing morals of society.

Women over 30 who wear middrif bearing tops. There is a time and a place- the time ends by your mid-twenties, the place if you must do it at 30 is where no one can see you.

hey I just thought of one.... women who insist on only dating guys taller then they are ... it just seems like a silly reason to not date someone (then again at 5'7'' that COULD be a factor :P)

a second one I get all the time (got it more living in Staten Island), how come you live in this area and root for the Cowboys (also used to get the "how can you live in NY and like the Devils"... ummm.. because I DO !!!)... why should I follow a team simply because they are local ?? umm.. no... give me a damn reason to get attached thank you !!!

Oh yeah... people who come over to my apartment and don't clean up after themselves... I HATE that !!!! :rant:

If I think of more I'll add them