At Least They're Trying

sundstrom

In the last 10 minutes, I've gotten 3 different calls from the Devils (3 different people) asking me if I'd like to purchase holiday packages for either the Devils or Nets.

The good news is they're really trying to get asses in the seats. The bad news is that 3 calls to the same person (who is already a season ticket holder and has tickets to these games) shows a little bit of incompetence which I'm not particularly happy about.

If I wasn't a ticket holder, and got 3 calls in succession like that, I'd be very turned off.

That's pathetic----it doesn't surprise me though that when they decide to do some marketing they do it in a half-assed unprofessional way. I almost think its against their interest at this point to market heavily. If attendance goes up they won't be able to lobby as hard for a new arena. I think they would rather take the short term hit in attendance and go for the big prize.

That is actually not a bad package. 3 division games, another original six, an up and coming Minnesota and return of jacques Lemaire (if that means anything) and two of the most exciting youngsters in the world in Heatley and kovalchuck. While I was watching last night I saw another package advertised for 4 games (I think), wasn't very impressed with that one.

As for Thursday, there were entire rows in the upper bowl empty, in the endzone sections. I checked ticketmaster and there are still tixx available for both ranger games. Seemed like less for the weekend games. If the devils keep playing well and the Rangers get on track, both games will sell out.