And so, I am graduating from college

insanity_gallops

Well, the time has finally come. On May 15th, I am graduating from Susquehanna University. It's been a great 4 years, and I still can't believe how quickly the time has passed. Yeah, it's cliche, but I'm sure others can relate.

I wanted to thank everyone on the site for their great contributions over the years. I got hooked on NJDevs during my freshman year of college, courtesy of Sheeps. Since then, I've checked the site daily. True, I've been more of a lurker recently, but that's because A) there's no hockey, B) last semester I was working on my senior thesis, and C) this semester I was student teaching the entire time.

To the older posters on the site -- sorry I haven't been around as much. Like I said, I've been busy. To the newer posters on the site -- I look forward to gettin' to know you in the future.

Anyway. This concludes my little reflective piece of the moment.

After I graduate, I'm moving back into Ridgewood and looking for a job teaching high school social studies. I already have one interview lined up, and hopefully more will come along soon.

So. I know that today is Sheeps' graduation day (CONGRATULATIONS!!!!). Anybody else graduating from college or high school?

ooh ooooh ...pick me ....I got one :)

So my last semester of college I was sitting in a conference room in the registrars building.... our class got scheduled in the room because we were all going to be discussing sh!t and watching the overhead projector on resumes and cover letters etc.

The chairs were really comfy..big leather things on wheels.

So... i have a habit of sitting on one of my legs when i sit..,im doing it right now... i just plop one under me and then after a little bit i start to feel pins and needles so i remove it...

well for some reason the enitre hour and a half went by and i had not realized i was still on the same leg.

The class ended... i went to stand up and my leg was completely numb.. the second i put it on the floor... i just fell...and as i was falling.. i thought it would be smart to grab the chair so i wouldnt fall all the way.. but sincce the chair was on wheels.. it just rolled the distance to me and then tipped and fell on top of me...

I went thru that college for 5+ years without an embarassing moment.. and then my last semester this happens..

everyone was gasping and worried if i was ok.. but i was laughing so hard that there were tears coming out of my eyes.. i told everyone that they could laugh... and people seriously were like.. no.. are you seriously ok...

and i was like listen people... i laugh when people fall.. im seriously ok.. its alright to laugh.. what was wrong with those people... so compassionate..bleh

ssome of them finally laughed but what a dull crowd!

Congrats to both Iggy and Sheeps!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hrm. I was the head of the environmental group on my campus. The McNabbs Island Preservation Society was looking for volunteers to help clean up the island. The island in the Halifax harbour was a common spot for parties, so there were lots of beer cans, chip bags and ... well... condoms. Worse still was the discarded tires, gasoline canisters, oil cans destroying bird habitat/laying grounds. I organized a group of 60 volunteers from the university to help the Preservation Society and the campus newspaper tagged along for pictures and to interview people for an article. I was pleased to see that our efforts gained us the front page and heaps of praise like "worthy cause", "giving good name to the campus", stuff like that. However, happiness turned to dismay when I turned to the opinion page and the cartoon of the week was yours truly on the beach of McNabbs holding up a mitt-full of condoms with the caption "Must have been a big party. Look at all the balloons they had!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There was also the time that we had a big party on campus and me and 8 other guys went outside and moved a girls car. The campus was kinda shaped like a letter E so we moved it from one side of the E to the other so she couldn't see it. One of my buddies got the whole thing on tape. She came out and immediately ran for the phone... "OMG... I have to call the cops... my car has been stolen..." It's a good thing that these were the days before cell phones as if she was able to call the cops before we got to her, we would have been in sh!t. :)

Congrats IG, now is a great time to graduate. Your much more likely to find a job now then you would have a year ago.

Not that big on pulling pranks on college, although I did have a lot of wierd stuff happen to me.

The funny memories from college are from girls I dated in college. Some of the drama and just crazy situations made for stories that crack up my friends when I tell em. People in general in Boulder, Colorado were friggin nuts some times.

Congratulations Iggy and Sheeps! Maybe one day I'll get around to finishing my degree :P I'll spare you all my college stories - there were some good ones... some dreadful ones and a few no ones hearin' about <_< ever.

I graduate from high school on june 4th and i cant wait...i have plans on going to Pikeville College since i have a scholarship....I was the first baby born in Pikeville in 1987 so i was given a full scholarship to their college.. :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1987... 1987 I could be your young mom... :argh:

:unsure: My mother-in-law was one year younger than me when my husbadn graduated from highschool actually... :argh: I'm so OOOOOOLD... :evilcry:

Congratulations Iggy and Sheeps!  Maybe one day I'll get around to finishing my degree  :P  I'll spare you all my college stories - there were some good ones... some dreadful ones and a few no ones hearin' about <_ ever.>

You went to college, Darwin? Smart dog... :evil:

My son graduated from college in 1999 and is still there. He and his wife are resident heads in a dorm while they finish their PhDs. I think babysitting 65 undergraduates has given them second thoughts on having children.

Not my own story, but one that raised a laugh or two in the bar:

Three boys from another college, Somerville I think, have had to be disciplined by the Dean for what the college is terming '++++-erotic horseplay' on the front Quad in the early hours of the morning.

Haha.