Game Thread: 11/08/05 Islanders @ Devils 7:30 PM

Satans Hockey

So you are giving more excuses why you won't support the team. There are others on here who still go. There will not be a team if everyone thinks the way you do. Like I said, its ad because there are wuite a few loyal devils fans on this site who try their best to support. The crowd has no life because everyone thinks like you, why go to the game when I can watch it on tv.

Tri you seem like the same type of guy who would download a movie instead of going to the theater.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sue's already hammered you for this post, but I will too -

You don't get it. The experience of going to the arena just is not worth it - to pay $10 for parking, $8 for dinner, and even $20 a ticket to sit in that dead building night after night - that doesn't sound like entertainment, it sounds like punishment. I love the Devils and the state of New Jersey - but I took a friend to his first hockey game and he started doing his homework during the 2nd period. And this was in 2001 or 02. Doing homework - that's how dead the crowd is there. It was a close game too.

Furthermore, your post reeks of 'stubbs' elitism - hockey isn't a fvcking religion, it's entertainment. If I'm not entertained, I'm not paying for it. My neighbor works for the Devils, always has tickets available. I rarely take advantage. It's just not worth it - to pay $20 (for parking, etc.) to watch what I can see for free on television, and not have to deal with New Jersey traffic.

Now it's your turn to get self-righteous, saying that you live in Nova Scotia and you'd love to go to even one Devils game a year, blah blah blah. Whatever. You're asking people to pay way above market price for an inferior product. The Devils have sold out their true fans to the corporate clientele and have reaped the rewards - the die-hards are still around, but a lot of other people who like hockey have found better things to do with Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday night in New Jersey, because the experience is not worth the price.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know I don't like to jump into the personal attacks, but I hope the first day MacIssac gets fried from a job I can be here to celebrate as easily and call him soft, unperforming and when he worries about his money I can call him a sulker too !!

talk about un-attached from reality

(and since your response will be I'll never get fired, I'll just start laughing now!! :rofl:)

either that or man up on your Nolan scoop, which better be a more valid source then an NHL 2006 online chat :P

What does that say though? Every fan of every sports team can say all the reasons you have just said and they are valid reasons I may add but mostly all teams draw more than the Devils. There is something seriously wrong when only 8000-10000 people come to a game. What happens if we continue losing? The team is only going to get 7000 people?

Edited by devilsrule33

What does that say though? Every fan of every sports team can say all the reasons you have just said and they are valid reasons I may add but mostl all teams draw more than the Devils. There is something seriously wrong when only 8000-10000 people come to a game. What happens if we continue losing? The team is only going to get 7000 people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You refuse to listen to what's being said here.

So here's a tip:

Listen to the crowd of ANY Devils game and compare it to ANY other NHL team. Compare attendance figures, too. Devils crowds in proportion to other crowds make NO noise. Listen to the noise Nashville fans made in the playoffs in 04. Then compare it to the Devils.

People from other places have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when they talk of attendance at the CAA. Go watch a Devils game in New Jersey - it's a bad experience from start to finish, except for the fact that the Devils in years previous usually won. The building SUCKS. The surroundings SUCK. And all game - the crowd says the Rangers SUCK.

That is not true in most other places.

I'm a season ticket holder and I do get entertainment from going ot the games.

I took 3 of my older kids yesterday and we had a good time... despite the Devil's embarrassing play.

It took me 30 minute sto get to the game and 25 minutes to get from my seat to my bedroom.

Yeah, the arena is dead silent, the dirt outside is an eye-sore, the Devil's suck, and the food is dumb expensive.

But I love going to games.... much better than TV... but then again, I've never had much of a life.

People from other places have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when they talk of attendance at the CAA.  Go watch a Devils game in New Jersey - it's a bad experience from start to finish, except for the fact that the Devils in years previous usually won.  The building SUCKS.  The surroundings SUCK.  And all game - the crowd says the Rangers SUCK. 

Maybe they should get Triumph to do the marketing for the team?

Lets see the team blows, they havent even made one move (sorry we did bench one of our best forwards to show we mean business :rofl:) and we can really question why attendance sucks? Why am I going to pay $90 to watch my team get pushed around when I can do it from comfort of my own home, for free, and with the ability to switch channels to aleve the pain every once and a while... I'm sorry most of the fans in this area are not as wealthy as the likes of Macissac, but money means something to us and throwing it into this team is just like throwing it away... THEY SHOW NO EFFORT ON THE ICE WHY SHOULD I SHOW IT LIVE WHEN I CAN DO IT HOME :argh:

This is a late post, but I do not see in any way how anyone could accuse Sue of sulking!! WTF? It's reality and i'm sure having a roof over her head is more important than going to hockey games any day, no matter how much you love your team...

This is a late post, but I do not see in any way how anyone could accuse Sue of sulking!! WTF? It's reality and i'm sure having a roof over her head is more important than going to hockey games any day, no matter how much you love your team...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't believe that when I read it either. Very ignorant on MacIssac's part and a true showing of immaturity.

High 5 Maddog!!!!! :P

Aww..CRasher..feeling left out?? High 5's to u, high 5's to everyone..

It's rare when I eat at games, I try to eat before I go to the game or ill eat when I get home. I don't care even if the food was cheaper it's just a waste of money to spend even 15 bucks a game on dinner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ALWAYS eat before the game- my usual stop is the Falls View on 46 in Totawa. :P The only food I ususally get at the games is a pretzel or an ice cream or something.

Best place to eat before the game is clearly pizza uno's in Secaucus... anything else is sub-optimal, illogical and flat out silly :P

now I'm gonna tell the high 5 kids to go get a room somewhere ;)

Best place to eat before the game is clearly pizza uno's in Secaucus... anything else is sub-optimal, illogical and flat out silly :P

now I'm gonna tell the high 5 kids to go get a room somewhere ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also fine by me. :D And Falls View rules bro!! You can get anything you want- dogs, burgers, hot sandwiches, cold sanwiches, Philly cheesesteaks, chili- you name it. Plus they make an awesome milk shake too. :P