NFL Week 12

NJDevs4978

Giants **SHOULD** be 9-2...

Oh well, they'll still win the division.  I'm hoping for a real ass kicking of the Cowgirls next week.  It just needs to happen...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SHOULD?!? yeah right...even saying they COULD be 9-2 is pushing it :D...and the Cowboys could even easier be undefeated. Doesn't matter though...plays happen..that's how the game goes...the Giants record, along with the Cowboys is what it is. It all comes down to next Sunday's game...GO COWBOYS!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I guess having games HANDED to you (cough Eagles cough) is really indicative of a team who gets no breaks and *should* or *could* be 9-2.

Edited by Voros19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow from the way you guys were talking I thought Feely missed a 25-yarder :blink: Sounds like a lot of the Doug Brien bashing from Jet fans when Herm wouldn't get him closer in Pittsburgh.

I do agree he should make 'one' of the 40-yard kicks though, I dunno what the conditions were but in Seattle they usually aren't that bad. The miss against the Vikes did suck, but the Giants also gave away 21 points, they can't even pin that loss on him really. Plus he was 21-23 overall before today, he should get at least a probationary period?

Edited by Hasan4978

Okay. Grey Cup is on, so I can either watch two of the best Canadian teams, or two of the worst American teams. Maybe I'll just go to bed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: is this the most irrelevant post or is it just me?!? :lol:

and Ron Dayne had nothing to do with the Broncos win...the Cowboys could have won that in regulation if Cundiff had made that 37 yarder...if you look at Ron Dayne as the reason the Cowboys lost then it was he who had you guys at the top of the NFC east...for a couple of days at least :D ....but anyway kickers have it bad this year...nothings going in!

Edited by UnderDogX

:lol: is this the most irrelevant post or is it just me?!?  :lol:

Meh. Point was I couldn't get interested in either game. I hope CRASHER is right that Sunday night NFL games will improve next year.

BTW - Edmonton won the Grey Cup in supposedly one of the best CFL games ever. Go to TSN.CA - just the front page tells the whole story. Doesn't matter - I dislike both teams. It would be like the Flyers playing Colorado for the Cup and Game 7 going to triple OT. Great game or not, I hate both teams and wouldn't want either to win.

:lol: is this the most irrelevant post or is it just me?!?  :lol:

and Ron Dayne had nothing to do with the Broncos win...the Cowboys could have won that in regulation if Cundiff had made that 37 yarder...if you look at Ron Dayne as the reason the Cowboys lost then it was he who had you guys at the top of the NFC east...for a couple of days at least :D ....but anyway kickers have it bad this year...nothings going in!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Particularly kickers in Dallas :P I didn't watch very much of that game but I saw where the FG attempt was (right in the middle of the field), tuned out then tuned back and saw the score hadn't changed I was like geez he missed that? :blink:

Awesome game for the Seahawks. Whatever the opinion all of you Giants/Boys fans have about them.. the NFC will have to go through Seattle to go to the Super Bowl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But this, and to an extent the Dallas game a while back, showed that Seattle is definitely beatable. Remember, they have had a fairly easy schedule too, playing teams like St. Louis, Arizona, San Francisco, Houston, and Washington. I don't think they really have a shot at the Super Bowl.

Maybe the Giants can get the NFL to schedule 16 home games next year, since Eli has one career win outside of Giants Stadium....and that was to the sorry ass 49ers.

A team that the Cowboys BARELY beat.

every team has 4-5 coulda shoulda woulda's in their season... the GOOD teams win them... the BAD (or average) teams do not... that's really all there is to it...

... and on a side note today.. Jay Feely tried to kill himself today and shot short and to the right three times :rofl:

Meh. Point was I couldn't get interested in either game. I hope CRASHER is right that Sunday night NFL games will improve next year.

BTW - Edmonton won the Grey Cup in supposedly one of the best CFL games ever. Go to TSN.CA - just the front page tells the whole story. Doesn't matter - I dislike both teams. It would be like the Flyers playing Colorado for the Cup and Game 7 going to triple OT. Great game or not, I hate both teams and wouldn't want either to win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't give a damn about the Grey Cup....till my Dad called me and told me he got some tickets through work. What a great game. I was cheering for the Eskimos because I just have a hard time cheering for Quebec teams, and the majority was pro-West anyways. Tons of fun. Couldn't imagine how good it would be if the Lions weren't such chokers. :argh:

Edited by Vinnie

Well, finished recapping the Jets game. Another tough loss. They just have bad luck but it pales in comparison to that debacle at Seattle. The press box reaction when Feely missed the third one was something. I knew he wasn't going to make it cause his confidence was shot.

The Jets played well. Bollinger made some nice plays. And this Cotchery did a nice job. Looks like they might have found something there. Even Jolley had some big catches. And congrats to a classy player in Curtis Martin on becoming the fourth back to 14,000 joining Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. What a great player!

The press conference was kind of bleak. I guess it's what you'd expect. They had some tough calls go against them too. That Coles reversal was brutal. The intentional grounding was questionable.

Eh, what can ya do?

I hope the Giants bounceback next week against Crasher's Boys. Not only is the division at stake but the playoffs as well. Minnesota is one back and has the tiebreaker.

I felt sorry for Feely. That's going to be a long ride back.

Even Strahan celebrated prematurely after the third kick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw that on SportsCenter. Then he came running back and you can hear him go "how the HELL do you miss that kick?!"

For anyone who has the NFL Network, Thursday at 9 PM this is the game of the week. It's an hour long, and pretty cool since NFL Films makes it

Vanderjagt made a 44 yard FG. God forbid Feely makes one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BIG difference in making a kick in the beginning of a game IN A DOME and a kick at the end of the game with the pressure, potential home field, the game and all the rest on the line....

if your kicker's not named Vinateri Field Goals are a crap shoot which is why YOUR IDIOT FAT COACHES CAN'T TURTLE AND PLAY OVER-CONSERVATIVE AND PLAY FOR 40 PLUS YARDERS AT THE END OF A GAME !!! :rant:

... oops... sorry :)