Devils @florida Game Thread

DevilMinder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great 2nd period for the Devils

2 rebound goals, 1st Berglund and 2nd Gomez off rebound from Berglund's shot.

Devils caught twice with too many men on the ice, once during a Devils PP.

Devils did great job on PK in 2nd period.

Stevens helped defense by being in box for 4 minutes on double minor and then a 10 minute misconduct.

Fla is a weak team offensively .

Probably a win for the Devils tonight.

Great 2nd period for the Devils

2 rebound goals, 1st Berglund and 2nd Gomez off rebound from Berglund's shot.

Devils got twice with too many men on the ice, once during a Devils PP.

devils sid great job on PK in 2nd period.

Stevens helped defense by being in box for 4 minutes on double minor and then a 10 minute misconduct.

fla is a weak team offensively .

Probably a win for the Devils tonight.

I really should click "Ignore", but my curiosity prevents it!

You are either a Rags fan, or the most-pessimistic Devs fan.

C'mon , I really wanna know.

Which is it?

So far my observations-Bicek has pando/gionta desease (getting either thrown around or falling. Mackenzie-way too slow to keep up with others

Gomer/Friesen look great! Could use a decent fw on the other side.

Bergland playing a great game, is trying to stay around even after G-man returns. Albelin actually looks very good tonight. Marty, is playing great.

God, I may have to get center ice. However, I'm so damn sick of those idiot commercials.

two points for Devils. good game

follow up and finishing on offense improved.

I thought Friesen wasn't so great, Mieury took up ice space. Elias very good on PK.

Berglund looking for job lots of hustle.

Gomez looked good tonight

Marty had a great night again.

Nieder was a non factor.

2 points

Nice win again for the team. 11 games over, the high water mark so far, hopefully only until tomorrow, though :) Gomer played a terrific game right in front of ESB :lol: , Nieder had a nice game with some crucial defensive stops. Marty had his usual fine performance.

The lines are starting to coalesce and take shape now which is maybe the best thing about these last few games. Even Gomer on the fourth line isn't a total loss if Friesen also stays there and gets going and he's shown more than a pulse the last two nights at least. And as admirably as Albelin's played, TiVo back probably tomorrow will be a boost.

BTW can anyone else remember THREE delay-of-game penalties called in one game? I can't.

Yes B18 -- he didn't keep his mouth shut for getting a bullsh!t roughing penalty. It was total crap - I'm not even being a homer here...nothing to get a roughing call over but..BUT...he was throwing a fit which, you know, I found a little on the charming side ^_^ he must have said something none too pretty is near as I can figure.

this is unrelated to the game, but i didnt think it deserved its own thread. there is a guy on hockeys future who said he spoke to danton during a game of pickup hockey and that danton said he would be traded in the next week. here's the link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?s=d13c5...&threadid=61343

its pretty much unsubstantiated, so take it for it's worth.

Danton actually plays pick up where I do in Anaheim sometimes. I played with him during the summer. I didn't know who he was until a buddy of mine e-mailed me and said he talked to him before he left for training camp. He said that he was really excited about the upcoming season with the Devils, then I saw him on TV and knew who he was. Now he is sucking wind in local pick up games again. What a waste of talent. :angry:

PK your boy was stupid. he's the Captain, the team is up by 2 goals, he gets a 2 min call, shots his mouth off, gets another 2 min call. now PP is 4 min regardless if they score 1 goal stil on PP, then he contiues and gets 10 minutes so now 5 defensemen have to rotate instead of 6.

I know your going to tell me he knew that Fla was a young team struggling on offense as well so he knew they wouldn't score because of his stupid actions.

Marty has to make some great saves after the Captain's stupidity to prevent them from getting a tie.

Oh but he shouldn't have gotten the first two minutes in the first place because he didn't do anything, right, wrong it got called, so he knows betterv to continue.

The Devils were lucky his actions didn't cause them to lose the 2 points, PK

And PK they were ahead by 2 goals so what message could the Captain be sending to the team, nothing, it was a stupid ego move. Burns should fine him to set an example of not thinking about the team.

Did you see the play GetReal? Stevens didn't rough anybody, I have no idea what the call was for, and apparently neither did the officials as they called the delayed penalty, but allowed play to continue after the Devils touched up. In fact, NJ nearly scored on the play. Then Stevens got in the face of the official, but that's what he's supposed to do. The Devils weren't protecting a 1 goal lead, they were up by two and are the best defensive team in the league.