NFL Week 17

CRASHER

I always HATE this week cause it means the fun of the NFL season is all over (and last week got all hosed by Christmas and all :P).... but with this in mind and I'll be good about it and set myself up for the grief on this one and my detest of this guy and now I gotta root for him .....

GO FALCONS !!!! Un-Fraud yourself Mister Vick !!!!

GO EAGLES!!!

R....

U.....

R....

U !!!!!!

:boogie:

the NFL playoffs makes strange bedfellows !!!! :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The G-Men did what they had to do but it was not pretty. I know Oakland abandoned the run early but that secondary is just so bad. Without decent linebackers any team with a decent passing attack can pick the Giants apart. Manning was better than he had been in recent weeks but he still was not great. If Oakland had decided to pass on that goalline situation......

Still a tremendous season for the Giants. 11-5 was more than even the most optimistic Giants fan could have hoped for at the start of the season.

Man, is it ever hard to watch games this week. So many teams not giving a damn. Heck, I thought at least that I'd get to see my all-time favorite player play, but New England is playing a rookie to see if he's any good. He ain't.

Never mind my bitchin'. Doug's in the game now and..

HE JUST KICKED AN EXTRA POINT!! :rofl:

Edit: I'm back to bitchin' again. With 2 minutes left and a desperation drive on, they throw Cassels back in. Come on. Doug can do everything.... including drop-kick extra points.

Edited by Don

What exactly is the playoff picture in the NFC now?

1. Seattle

2. Chicago

3. Tampa Bay

4. Giants

That's set. I think Carolina has now clinched since they won. What's the situation for the other Wild Card? What are the chances of Dallas or Washington making it?

Edited by Voros19

Right. SO, the early games are over and the playoff picture is nearly clarified.

AFC:

1) Indy

2) Denver

3) Cincy

4) NE

5) JVille

6) Pitt

NFC:

1) Seattle

2) Chicago

3) Tampa

4) NY Giants

5) Carolina

6) Washington/Dallas

Dallas needs a win and a Redskins loss to make it.

EDIT: The Jets can't even lose right, beating the Bills to get a 4th win and remove them from the Reggie Bush sweepstakes.

Edited by PeteyNice

Right. SO, the early games are over and the playoff picture is nearly clarified.

AFC:

1) Indy

2) Denver

3) Cincy

4) NE

5) JVille

6) Pitt

NFC:

1) Seattle

2) Chicago

3) Tampa

4) NY Giants

5) Carolina

6) Washington/Dallas

Dallas needs a win and a Redskins loss to make it.

EDIT: The Jets can't even lose right, beating the Bills to get a 4th win and remove them from the Reggie Bush sweepstakes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But wouldn't Dallas move to the 5th seed if they won since they beat Carolina in their only meeting? Or is that tie-breaker only for divisional games...

Panthers kicked some major ass today. They are so hot and cold but really proved most of the experts wrong who said they would lose today. A dominating performance.

One of the funnier things I've seen this season. On the opening drive, Delhomme's pants rip in the back and a lot of ass was out there to see. As the announcers said, thankfully it wasn't an offensive lineman.

And so the Redskins win 5 in a row to clinch a playoff spot and the Cowboys who had visions of an NFC East title just a few short weeks ago will watch the playoffs from their couch.

Your Playoff Schedule for next week:

Saturday:

4:30PM ABC Washington @ Tampa Bay

8:00PM ABC Jacksonville @ New England

Sunday:

1:00PM Fox Carolina @ NY Giants

4:30PM CBS Pittsburgh @ Cincy

The Jets can't even lose right, beating the Bills to get a 4th win and remove them from the Reggie Bush sweepstakes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't get me started :lol: But if you're a Jets fan you couldn't have expected any different. You just knew they'd win and not only not get Bush but come up short on Leinart too :rolleyes: Especially since the Bills I'm sure didn't want the Jets to get Bush or Leinart either :whistling:

Not that I wanted Herm and co. to tank, I'm glad they didn't lie down like dogs like say the Falcons this week. But still it sucks not getting either of the USC grads, oh well.

As for the rest of the NFL:

Bye bye Dallas! :evil: In all seriousness, I'm glad Gibbs is back in the playoffs, although it'll likely be a short stay with the injuries to Brunell and Portis. Still, a nice little comeback for him after people were jumping off the bandwagon in droves last year. The guy's a winner - without being a preening schmo, an egomaniac or a backstabber imagine that - and maybe other than Chuck Noll the most underrated great coach in history.

It's nearly impossible to win three straight road games in the playoffs, but if any team can do it any year, it's Carolina in this year's NFC. Though their lack of consistency all year would probably prevent me from picking them to go all the way, I do think the Giants got the toughest possible matchup of the three possibilities.

I also think Cinci's in a little bit of trouble getting Pittsburgh after they've gotten hot and the Bengals showed a little immaturity down the stretch. I would not be shocked if Indy-NE met for a trip to the Super Bowl AGAIN (which if Pittsburgh beats the Bengals, it probably will be the championship game). I still don't think Indy went about these final three games the right way but that said I think whatever rust they have from sitting out all their regulars the last two weeks will probably be offset by their desire to win for Dungy.

Edited by Hasan4978

Anytime you have to rely on someone else losing to get into the playoffs you deserve what you get... but hey I can take some nyquil and sleep this damn flu bug off now :P.... but anyway back to the games......

I'm not even annoyed at the Ego's today... they played hard.. they tried... they made a goddamn effort today and tried to play the game like it meant something to THEM too and I can respect that.... and then we have the Falcons... that moron fraud no-talent, Chris Rock Stunt Double Fraud sham garbage quarterback who throws the ball so pathetically that even when HE MAKES A GOOD THROW his scrub receivers drop the damn thing in Farooqing SHOCK of the pass being there... or fumble it in still mega-disbelief of the no-talent fraud hitting the mark... HOW THE HELL DO YOU LIE DOWN AGAINST A DIVISION OPPONENT ??? (and yes I'd say this regardless of who's playoff chance is on the line).... I got so pissed at this game I told them to put Ravens-Browns and I watched two teams that gave a flying fvck about playing the game.... hell even the GOD AWFUL LIONS put up a good damn fight today.....

quite frankly Vick could get run over by the team bus and I'd proabably smile :P

Was good to see the Chiefs wallop for Vermeil in his last game too... though if I was a Bengals fan I'd not be expecting much this season... they still come up too soft against playoff level teams.....

Even the 49ers and Texans for some ungodly reason played like they cared about that game.. then again the 49ers wanted to get Smith that TD pass and be done with it.... maybe they get lucky and Houston trades down and gets the O-Line guy which would make sense too......

I'd have watched more games but good god I got sick from one of the young kids at all the new year's parties we stopped by last night :argh:

Still nice to not only see the Jets go screw up on Reggie Bush but then in the post-game come out and pat themselves on the back for a big win and sticking together through this season.... WHAT !?!?!?! :noclue:

All I know is if I turn that game on later (I'm not planning to) and I don't see Henson or Romo playing in this game I want the bus for Vick to plow Parcells too!!!!! :rant:

*sigh*

I hate when the regular season is over......

I really don't know much about the Giants. I know that Barber is amazing and they have weapons with Shockey and Burress. I have no idea what to expect from Eli Manning though.

They have two scary defensive ends that will probably give the Panthers trouble all day. Pierce and Peterson are out and I really don't know who will be on Steve Smith all day. They also apparently have no LBs.

They are 8-1 at home this year so they must be playing at a different level at the Meadowlands than they are on the road.

Should be a great game.

Edited by devilsrule33

Never mind my bitchin'. Doug's in the game now and..

HE JUST KICKED AN EXTRA POINT!!  :rofl:

Edit: I'm back to bitchin' again. With 2 minutes left and a desperation drive on, they throw Cassels back in. Come on. Doug can do everything.... including drop-kick extra points.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How crazy was that drop-kicked PAT? Me and my friends just looked at each other and were like WHAT... THE... fvck??!! We kept rewinding it on the Tivo- funniest damn play I've seen in 20 years of watching football. As far as my Dolphins go- good to finish the season with 6 straight wins- REALLY gives me hope for next year- but we should've destroyed the garbage the Pats sent out there. We had to hold on for dear life, which was somewhat disturbing, but we won, and that's good. Looking wholeheartedly forward to FA and the draft and watching someone finally give the fvcking Patriots the come-uppance they've been due for and deserving for years. :D

Just so we have some extra posts in here B )

I see no one mentioned the 4 coached who got fired on the last day of the year... but none of them was a big shock....

Dom Capers.... worst team in football...

Mike Sherman... the Sporting News at the start of the year said Kyle Orton would win more games then Favre.... he did NOT say times 2

Mike Martz.... STAY AWAY FROM DALLAS !!!!

Mike Tice... nice comeback that fell short did not make up for the Lust Boat saga... not my favorite coach but will coach elsewhere soon

also was really sad to see Dick Vermeil retire and cry for an hour!!

Just so we have some extra posts in here B )

I see no one mentioned the 4 coached who got fired on the last day of the year... but none of them was a big shock....

Dom Capers.... worst team in football...

Mike Sherman... the Sporting News at the start of the year said Kyle Orton would win more games then Favre.... he did NOT say times 2

Mike Martz.... STAY AWAY FROM DALLAS !!!!

Mike Tice... nice comeback that fell short did not make up for the Lust Boat saga... not my favorite coach but will coach elsewhere soon

also was really sad to see Dick Vermeil retire and cry for an hour!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crash, what's the deal with the Tuna? Is he gonna be back? Haven't heard much about Parcells in the midst of all this coaching upheavel.

Crash, what's the deal with the Tuna? Is he gonna be back? Haven't heard much about Parcells in the midst of all this coaching upheavel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Big fat Jackass won't tell anyone at this point... not even Summerall or his bigger buddy Francessa.... so no one knows... this is vintage Parcells crying out for attention and "acknowledgement of his genius" while he tore apart a growing 10-6 team in his first year and FAILED to match that success with teams "done his way" (you know genius moves like Vinny and Eddie George last year :P)

I'm still most NOT impressed with what he's done to this team.... but I get the feeling he will come back for one more try next year.....