MINARD CALLED UP!

dugoutAK

Alaska Aces media director Jack Michaels announced during the pregame tonight that Chris Minard had been called up by the River Rats today. He left the team from Phoenix today after a goalless night last night in San Diego.

Good Luck Chris! :boogie:

Anchorage Daily News

Minard leaves Aces for AHL

By MATT NEVALA

Anchorage Daily News

Published: January 5, 2006

Last Modified: January 5, 2006 at 04:30 PM

Chris Minard, tied for the ECHL goal-scoring lead, left the Alaska Aces early Thursday morning for his second trip to the American Hockey League.

After scoring 25 goals in Alaska

Edited by dugoutAK

Hopefully he'll be in the lineup tomorrow night so I can see him play. :)

EDIT: Anyone think that this could signal a call-up to New Jersey for Suglobov (or maybe Tallackson)? I'm not sure of the Rats injury situation except for the fact that Murphy has been out a while, but they've been running a pretty large ship. Though, the roster has been pared down recently. Anyway, excited about seeing Minard for the first time!

Edited by Voros19

He played with a lot of energy. I loved how he likes to make the checks. He'd go into the boards with someone and I thought it looked a lot like a Janssen hit. He didn't get any points last night, but you can tell it's only a matter of time before he starts putting them in.

Can't wait to see how he progresses!

Also tried to get some pictures of him during the warmups last night. Once I get them set, I'll post a link!

Chris has been assigned #33 with the Rats.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

33? is a goalies number. Hope he answers the bell. I'm curious to see what the boy can do, and not just 4th line status. Wonder whos going to sit.

33? is a goalies number. Hope he answers the bell.  I'm curious to see what the boy can do, and not just 4th line status.  Wonder whos going to sit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm wondering that too, hopefully, he's not stuck on a checking line. Call up a sniper and stick him on the checking line, then wonder why the kid can't score and send him back down. :argh:

What line was he on Friday night??

I'm wondering that too, hopefully, he's not stuck on a checking line.  Call up a sniper and stick him on the checking line, then wonder why the kid can't score and send him back down.  :argh:

What line was he on Friday night??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't remember exactly, but he certainly wasn't saddled on the defense-first line. He was out on the PP quite a bit and got a lot of playing time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can speak for most here in Anchorage in hoping that Minny sticks with Albany and stays at that level. Sure we miss a guy as talented as he is, but our squad hasn't missed a beat since he left. It's funny, you lose the league's leading goal scorer and we have so much depth at forward that our scoring has picked up. Teams are struggling with us now as well, they don't know which line to defense, as they can't key on Minard and his line, and all 3 of our lines are producing equally!!

Congrats to Minard and hopefully he can help the Rats out the rest of the season. Although it would be nice to see him back for the playoffs should you guys not be going anywhere and the Devils not have interest in calling him up!!

• 2 months later...