Fights at the Devils/Flyers game 01/09

Weekes Head

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in 205, and a brawl started right in front of me. One guy bled all the way down the steps and the ushers have to mop it up.

Believe it or not, the musical chairs thing during the intermission, which i thought was hilarious, had flyer fans cheering and not being @#$%s.

Oh yea, and they played hockey too. Devs won I think lol.

Then posed for a picture with me with my Jersey all bloodied up.

Well anyway, that's the story that I remember and some parts that my roommate told me today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so post up the picture - i want to see how much taller than the mighty geo real people are.

Me and some of my buddies were at that tonight.  We saw the TO experience from 232 and it was great.  Why did his chick get taken out first, was she just as drunk?

I love that nobody could get the "Rangers Suck, Flyers Blow" thing right.

We were the 16 year olds who did the "NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE" song with like 30 seconds left.

It's probably my favorite experience ever.  At the end we saw a guy get wheeled out with blood rolling down his cheeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it was "RANGERS SUCK...FLYERS SWALLOW" and our friends in 217/18 got it right all night long. Not sure how it sounded in other sections though.

As for the girl -- she got kicked out because she was screaming at the ushers kicking out TO Guy, and she attempted to fight some of the ushers. Along with TO Guy, she was carried down 219 kicking and screaming. I was just a few feet from the whole thing, I could literally HEAR expletives and such. :evil:

Well that makes the fight worth it, eh? ;) Well if your 5'9" and I'm guessing in sneakers and Little G has dress shoes on, you look the same height, so Little G is 5'9" not 5'7"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say about that. I really wasn't to with it when I met him. I thought of it afterwards I should've compared how big he was to me. It doesn't look like from the pic that he's 2 inches shorter then me.

tough night for the flyers...

half their fans got kicked out

their team got kicked out as well if you know what i mean...

what i said to a stupid flyer fan at the end summed it all up

"go back to south jersey... next time come with some class you f@ggot... and bring your team with you next time too!"

No, it was "RANGERS SUCK...FLYERS SWALLOW" and our friends in 217/18 got it right all night long. Not sure how it sounded in other sections though.

As for the girl -- she got kicked out because she was screaming at the ushers kicking out TO Guy, and she attempted to fight some of the ushers. Along with TO Guy, she was carried down 219 kicking and screaming. I was just a few feet from the whole thing, I could literally HEAR expletives and such. :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rangers Suck - Flyers Swallow Chant was all the way through 229/228. Along with many other chants like "1975" and "30 plus years" and "Win a Cup or Shut up"

I'm never surprised at the stories I hear about Philthy fans when they go to other team's arenas. Hell, look at how they behave in their OWN arena towards the opposing team's fans! :blink: Bunch of neanderthal buffoons.

Although I must say that BRUINS fans are a close second when it comes to psycho animal fans. They used to do the same exact thing in Hartford that Failure fans do in NJ - come down for Whaler games and get all boozed up, taunting the sh!t out of Whale fans. They would also initiate the majority of the physical violence too, or they'd be so hideously oboxious and in your face that some irate Whale fan would just pop them one. I only got a chance to see a few Whale-Booin games due to the high demands for tickets, but each time I saw many altercations in the stands, sometimes more than on the ice :rofl:

I'm never surprised at the stories I hear about Philthy fans when they go to other team's arenas. Hell, look at how they behave in their OWN arena towards the opposing team's fans!  :blink:  Bunch of neanderthal buffoons.

Although I must say that BRUINS fans are a close second when it comes to psycho animal fans. They used to do the same exact thing in Hartford that Failure fans do in NJ - come down for Whaler games and get all boozed up, taunting the sh!t out of Whale fans. They would also initiate the majority of the physical violence too, or they'd be so hideously oboxious and in your face that some irate Whale fan would just pop them one. I only got a chance to see a few Whale-Booin games due to the high demands for tickets, but each time I saw many altercations in the stands, sometimes more than on the ice :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Bruins fans must be well behaved since they suck now. I have been going to games here for 6 years and have never had a problem. I have had some great hockey talk with Bruins fans at the game and bar afterwards. I guess the Hartford thing was different though.

Yeah that was me. This is the story I posted today on Devilsrule.com...now that I'm a little bit more composed and can sorta remember what happened.

I was in section 242 and my friends that I came with were in section 238. My roommate and I started walking over to their section and there were a crowd of Devils fans at the top and a bunch of Flyers fans in the top rows of section 240. Also the guards were up there. I tried walking through and the guards asked where I was going. I told them 238 so they let us through. The Flyers fan was mouthing off to the other Devils fans up there. So I had to get my word in. I basically told him to shut up and go home. They lost deal and get out. The Flyers fan then pushed me and I hit the wall. My roommate saw this then pushed the guy back. I got up and went back at him not even throwing punches or anything and that's when he puched me in the jaw. Another Flyers fan then tackled my roommate. I got back up and took a few swings at the guy that hit me. Then he punched me in the eye. My roommate meanwhile tackled the guy that tackled him. He then lost track of where I went. I believe I was being held by security. He started walking down the stairs and was held by an undercover cop. The undercover guy told him to stay there until they figure out what was going to happen with him. My roommate explained that he didn't start anything but a Flyers fan hit me and that's why he got involved. The undercover guy basically told him to just stay there and they'd figure out whether or not he was going to get charges against him. At that point the security was taking me down the stairs with my eye busted up and my roommate pointed to me and said. "See, that's my roommate...now do you understand why I had to get involved?" Then he was let go by the undercover guy.

After that I'm not sure what happened. Had to see the EMT's...fill out paperwork etc. When I talked to the first security guards they said that they had apprehended the guy that hit me. When I went to fill out the incident report those security guys said they hadn't gotten the guy and that he slipped away. He showed me some pictures of some of the fight instigaters and none of them were the guy that hit me.

Then the best part of the night. As I was walking out back toward my friends that I came with there was standing Gionta! I really didn't even notice until one of my friends pointed at him. I walked up to Gionta and was like "Hey Gionta! Some Flyers fan just hit me!" He laughed and was like "Damn man...I'm sorry that really messed up." Then posed for a picture with me with my Jersey all bloodied up.

Well anyway, that's the story that I remember and some parts that my roommate told me today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome story and picture bro!! I was in 240 and saw all the sh!t that was going on with those scumbags at the top. One of them threw a beer on a Devils fan sitting behind me- the Devils fan started up the stairs and this one fat fvck was trying to egg him into a fight- the Devils fan just was like "fvck it, it 'aint worth it". Then the fat fvck and his buddies started with someone else and two security guards and a state trooper had to get involved.

When I read your story .. all I could hear in my head were those cartoon sounds of punches and crashes ! Plus I pictured some of those stars with birdies flying around your head... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL trust me the birdies are still flying around a little bit today. Oh well, it happens.

Also MadDog, those guys up there were pretty out of control then huh? You didn't happen to see which one hit me did ya? LOL

Seen a few nice brawls at Devs/Flyers games

Flyers fans in general get rowdy all over the place. 2 games i can remember that stand out pretty nicely

in the late 90's I was at a Flyers/Whalers game up in Hartford, seriously it seemed like the entire place was brawling. Left and right people were just fighting, the funniest thing I've ever seen happened accross the rink, up in the tiers there was a nice little fight that the entire crowd was watching because no one was breaking it up, well this one guy actually tumbles down the stairs, about 10 of them, everyone is laughing and laughing and laughing until you just hear 1 collective "UGGGGGHHHH" from the crowd! While the guy is tumbling down the stairs, he's rolling head over feet, then he lands on one of the railings in the middle of the stairs right on his nuts!!! It was insanely funny!

the 2nd one wasn't as funny but probably a little crazier, we went to the Garden a few years ago to catch a Flyer/Rag game, this guy in the section next to ours gets into it with a Flyer fan who had like 3 or 4 guys with him, they are seated a few rows ahead of him. The Flyers fans all get up and go after this guy, wish I knew what started this but oh well, what insued was the craziest fight I've ever seen. The Rag fan has his kid with him, the kid couldn't have been more than maybe 8 years old, the dude has his kid in one arm, and just wailing away at these 4 Flyer fans like it was nothing

It didn't go on for all that long but this guy clearly won the fight, he beat the snot out of at least 2 of them.

Pretty stupid if ya ask me to fight like that with your kid in your arms but amusing to the rest of us nonetheless :evil:

I was at the game last night. There was a lot of Flyer fans last night there that were a$$holes but I have to say that there are enough Devils fans who I can't stand either. I think the "crazies" are retarded and the same goes with the stupid helmet guys. I plan on moving my season tickets downstairs next season so I can get away from the guys over 30 who have the mentality of a 13 year old.

The Flyers fan was mouthing off to the other Devils fans up there. So I had to get my word in. I basically told him to shut up and go home. They lost deal and get out. The Flyers fan then pushed me and I hit the wall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe that will teach you to keep your mouth shut next time but hey at least you got your picture taking with Gionta :rolleyes: