May 3rd OT GT Anaheim at Calgary Game Seven

Derek21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lupul sucks, this entire series he's looked like todd bertuzz in the playoffs...ok not that bad, but still he's taking way to many penalties.

i think andy macdonald is making a case as a very poor playoff guy

it looked like sutter's comments about the reffing did make an impact. too bad the flames aren't even trying.

i feel like kipprusoft could have had both of those goals. i'm not saying they are terrible goals, but this is the second game in a row kipprusoft got beaten shortside by selanne and he overplayed the slap shot from the point.

i'm not going to blame kipprusoft, cause he's made some huge saves.

niedermayer is playing very strong defensively, rather than rushing every chance and turning it over like he did early on in the series he's been playing strogn defense.

nonetheless, i'm happy about this game.

i shoulda watched south park :P

SON OF A ****************

I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING, AGGGHGHGHGHG THIS IS THE THIRD WEEK IN A ROW I FORGOT ****

i have picture in picture for a reason. grrrr...at least the flames are losing...

Edited by bruins4777

Well, truth be told, I like to see that Nieds learned something. He's spreading the word -- if everyone plays good hockey... :unsure: what do you do then? ACK!!

But seriously, I'd be far more angry about any Duck success if Nieds was doin' his free child, if it feels good do it kind of play, you know?

but I want to pound stupid Rob's head in for saying his brother will be SNUBBED for Norris consideration this year... <_< stuff it up your hairy momma lovin arse robbie me boy :yucky:

How can Calgary play like this in a game 7? I have stricken all Devils game sevens from my memory, so I don't remember us ever coming out like this, but I do know that I would wonder what they were thinking, it's a game 7, they've been in it all game, yet can't get anythign going.

Also they said Friesen has 4 game 7 goals in his career, 2 of those were the biggest goals for us in 2003 besides Rupp making it 1-0.

Niedermayer is great. He's contained Iginla tonight. That's a tough assignment. One of the strongest forwards and he can't do anything in this game. It's not like Nieds should be confused with the brute strength of a Stevens.

I don't think they will make it far enough. I should have stressed EVER. Doesn't have to be this year just not in any year.

If they don't win this year, it will never happen. Next season the name is just going to be the Anaheim Ducks. No more Mighty.

Wouldn't want "Ducks" on the Cup either.

That HAS to be embarassing. Six attackers on five for 1:30 and you can't even get a shot. That was the Flames effort tonight.

Best of CalgaryPuck tonight:

"Its like betting $100,000 on a horse that decides to hump the railing when the race starts."

"I hate Sports Illustrated"

Edited by Don

Well, there goes my Stanley Cup pick. Over the Devils too.

If Anaheim can beat the Flames, they can come out of the West. We'll see how their defensive style fares against the offensive-minded Avs.

Couple of key stats:

3 D PHANEUF, DION -3 20:04 26 :46 4:03 0:00 16:01 2 2 3 3 2

27 D NIEDERMAYER, SCOTT +1 28:33 32 :53 2:35 4:36 21:22 1 2 3 1 2 5 1

The 5 is blocked shots. Not bad.