Series over revisited??????????

PaDevsFan

I know this certainly isnt the popular opinion, but I for one am not going to congratulate the Devils on their season TILL ITS OVER!!!!!! Thery have a game to play, and for what its worth, the series is not over!!

Arew we gonna win 4 in a row ??? NOt probable, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I know it isnt the same as 3 - 1, but I am quite sure actually positive that everybody (including me) wrote the Devils off down 3 - 1 to the Sens with a game 7 on enemy ICE!!!! Down 3 - 1 to the Flyers with a game 7 on enemy ice!!!!! True this team may not have some of the character or even heart, but they do have skill and they do have Brodeur (who is capable of being a wall when needed)

I also think the extra day off may help a bit. Maybe a few visits by Stevens or Dano to the team you never know!!

I say you go out win a period then win a game on Saturday, then worry about game 5 when it comes. Then hey in a fluke lucky bounce or whatever steal game 5 and all of a sudden they start thinkin not the Devils coming back again, and the Rookie Wonder in net all of a sudden thinks he is playing against his boyhood idol across the way.

Hey it is so improbable they should write a story about it, but in todays NHL anything can happen. this team went from borderline playoff team to world beaters winning 15 straight, to a team that looks lifeless again. Maybe the MAGICAL SWITCH gets turned on on Saturday and we can steal 1.

If not I will congratulate them, but hey I am not going to say its over YET :evil:

Edited by PaDevsFan

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fvck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

It's been a while since an NHL team came back from 3-0 and won a series. Carolina is not as good as they look, we're not as inept either. I think they'll stretch it to 6 just on pride alone, and the fact that things have to start going our way again.

Seems like just yesterday we were up 3-0 on the Rangers, things change so fast.

man has this been the worst middle round in playoff history. Every series is 3-0, Sharks and Oilers are playing and that's 2-0

I dont think cam ward has really been tested at all so far in this series.

This is really the most truth there is when it comes to explaining away the Devils' imminent defeat in this series (and, hey, look I'd like to normally consider myself an optimist, but I'm a realist first).

Cam Ward was hardly tested at all in each of these three games. He saw every shot that he had to, and had plenty of help on the shots he couldn't see. Marty stood on his head the last two games... even though in my opinion, though they were not his fault, he's gotta have those first two tonight.

Our boys were outplayed in each of these three games, fellas. The Devils showed some real grit in the first period and kept it alive in the second. But they came out in the third like the game was already over...

... but even still, I won't chalk this up to lack of effort because that's not the Devils style...

... the better, and truer explanation is that they ran into a better team that was just as hot as they were at the peak of their 15 game streak.

It's a sh!tty way to end a season, and the players would say, no matter what, without a Cup the season is an automatic failure. At the beginning and other points of this season, we all would've been satisfied with another playoff berth.

Instead, what do we get? We have the pleasure of stealing a banner from the Rags in the last game of the season and then humiliating them in the first round with a sweep.

All things being equal, given everything that's happened this year, I'll take it.

call me crazy... but despite everything... i didnt totally think they would win tonight.. but i have an odd feeling that we can win the next 4...

i dont know whyy.. logic tells me no... but its just i really think we will win these next 4....

Edited by eppitek

Although it looks bleak, this series is not over. Just look back through the history of the sport and see how many teams won 3 games in a playoff series. Its happened quite a bit. IF Carolina can win another game then you can say its over. Until then though, the Devils still have some life. Just have to take it one game at a time

The way it looks right now is that every series in the second round will be at 3 zero. It hasnt happened since 75 but maybe this is the year where it will happen again and a team will come back from 3 down. There are 4 chances for it to happen in the same round. Why cant it be the Devils? Stranger things have happened.

I know this certainly isnt the popular opinion, but I for one am not going to congratulate the Devils on their season TILL ITS OVER!!!!!! Thery have a game to play, and for what its worth, the series is not over!!

Arew we gonna win 4 in a row ??? NOt probable, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I know it isnt the same as 3 - 1, but I am quite sure actually positive that everybody (including me) wrote the Devils off down 3 - 1 to the Sens with a game 7 on enemy ICE!!!! Down 3 - 1 to the Flyers with a game 7 on enemy ice!!!!! True this team may not have some of the character or even heart, but they do have skill and they do have Brodeur (who is capable of being a wall when needed)

I also think the extra day off may help a bit. Maybe a few visits by Stevens or Dano to the team you never know!!

I say you go out win a period then win a game on Saturday, then worry about game 5 when it comes. Then hey in a fluke lucky bounce or whatever steal game 5 and all of a sudden they start thinkin not the Devils coming back again, and the Rookie Wonder in net all of a sudden thinks he is playing against his boyhood idol across the way.

Hey it is so improbable they should write a story about it, but in todays NHL anything can happen. this team went from borderline playoff team to world beaters winning 15 straight, to a team that looks lifeless again. Maybe the MAGICAL SWITCH gets turned on on Saturday and we can steal 1.

If not I will congratulate them, but hey I am not going to say its over YET :evil:

The series is over. We can't even get a quality shot on Cam Ward through three straight games and now we're gonna just start getting them for four straight???

We ran into a better team. That's all there is to it.

NJCROMAG, please please explain where Carolina is a better team?? Defense?? I dont think so, Goaltending no, I will give you they have good depth at forward, but we have 3 solid lines as well. I say the Goalie hasnt played as well as he is capable, the forwards have been invisible for the bulk of the first 3 games

That doesnt mean Carolina is a better team, just they came in hungrier, and wanting it more.

But again I say this series isnt over until the 4th win by Carolina!!!!!

Ward hasn't been tested cause all our shots are from the blue line with little G in front of the net getting all pushed around by Commadore.

It's a pretty sad day when Mike Commadore can neutralize your top goal scorer.

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fvck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

AMEN!

Now I want to watch that movie when I get home.

FOOD FIGHT!!

What has Ward done? Honestly. He hasnt been tested at all by the Devils. The Habs were so demoralized in losing game 3 in OT that it cost them the series, despite the fact they were up 2-0.

This kid needs to get shelled hard. He needs to be dragged back and forth across the crease searching for the puck. His confidence is TOO high. He's playing TOO cocky with these shi**y little saves that he's making, that an ECHL tender would be stopping. All the reporters talk about, "Wow, he is such a cool and confident kid", you would be too if you faced floaters ever night.

He's a rookie who hasnt lost...yet. One loss will get in his head, and break his confidence a bit, two losses will have him doubting himself, if he losses three in a row, if the Devils can come back, the series is over, because by game 7 he'll be questioning every move he makes.

One game is all the Devils need.

What has Ward done? Honestly. He hasnt been tested at all by the Devils. The Habs were so demoralized in losing game 3 in OT that it cost them the series, despite the fact they were up 2-0.

This kid needs to get shelled hard. He needs to be dragged back and forth across the crease searching for the puck. His confidence is TOO high. He's playing TOO cocky with these shi**y little saves that he's making, that an ECHL tender would be stopping. All the reporters talk about, "Wow, he is such a cool and confident kid", you would be too if you faced floaters ever night.

He's a rookie who hasnt lost...yet. One loss will get in his head, and break his confidence a bit, two losses will have him doubting himself, if he losses three in a row, if the Devils can come back, the series is over, because by game 7 he'll be questioning every move he makes.

One game is all the Devils need.

RIGHT ON!!

NJCROMAG, please please explain where Carolina is a better team?? Defense?? I dont think so, Goaltending no, I will give you they have good depth at forward, but we have 3 solid lines as well. I say the Goalie hasnt played as well as he is capable, the forwards have been invisible for the bulk of the first 3 games

That doesnt mean Carolina is a better team, just they came in hungrier, and wanting it more.

But again I say this series isnt over until the 4th win by Carolina!!!!!

I agree that the Devils defense is better, and the Devils goaltending is better. But the game is not played on paper.

So far this series, I've seen three games that were almost completely dominated by the Hurricanes (say what you want about last night, but the Devils got very few quality shots in the third).

So through all of this, are we REALLY going to say we're the better team? Let's take our blinders off, refuse to fall back on "We're the better team, but they just happened to beat us" nonsense, and take it like men.

And if people will yell and scream about us losing to a "better team", can I at least get a "HELL YEAH!" on: "The Hurricanes are playing better hockey."

I agree that the Devils defense is better, and the Devils goaltending is better. But the game is not played on paper.

So far this series, I've seen three games that were almost completely dominated by the Hurricanes (say what you want about last night, but the Devils got very few quality shots in the third).

So through all of this, are we REALLY going to say we're the better team? Let's take our blinders off, refuse to fall back on "We're the better team, but they just happened to beat us" nonsense, and take it like men.

And if people will yell and scream about us losing to a "better team", can I at least get a "HELL YEAH!" on: "The Hurricanes are playing better hockey."

You make no sense you just said you agree the Devils defens and goaltending are better?? Then you say how can we talk about Hurricanes not being a better team?? Stop and look at what you wrote. Nobody is saying the Canes havent outplayed us to this point. What I and others are saying is it isnt because they are necesarily a better team, it is because the forwards have disapeared. (not because of a dominant Carolina defense) but for whatever reason Gionta and Gomez have gone AWOL. If the Devils that were coming down the stretch, buzzing the net and playing with energy show up and we still get beat then maybe I will agree. If I see that energy next game and we win, then my point stands. We jjust need to play with energy and purpose!!