Prudential earns naming rights

skeeter

Arena...center...all the same to me.

could easily have stayed Continental or some other NY corporation

I know, I was just messin'.

Well they can't use this site: http://www.prudentialcenter.com, although www.theprudentialcenter.com is still not being used.

Maybe I'll go register it now... :evil:

That and prudentialcenternewark. Muhahaha

I'll be the one giving congrats to myself...scroll down and see my post....

I'll do it for you myself you lazy bums :D

Whatever it ends up being, I just hope it flows well....Prudential Arena sounds dumb...at least Prudential Center or something like that would flow a little better...

I dont mean to be a donnie downer, but I really dont think anyone is going to call it The Rock. It is almost always an shortening of the name, like The Prude, or initals, like the games will be at down at The PC. Like down in philly, Veterans Stadium was The Vet. And now they have Citizens Bank Park, and they all wanted to call it the Vault, but it just doesnt work if you completly change the name. But maybe I'm wrong. Are there any names of other places that the mainstream nickname is a completly different name?

I dont mean to be a donnie downer, but I really dont think anyone is going to call it The Rock. It is almost always an shortening of the name, like The Prude, or initals, like the games will be at down at The PC. Like down in philly, Veterans Stadium was The Vet. And now they have Citizens Bank Park, and they all wanted to call it the Vault, but it just doesnt work if you completly change the name. But maybe I'm wrong. Are there any names of other places that the mainstream nickname is a completly different name?

Explain GM Place being called the garage?

MCI Center, wasn't that the Phone Booth? OK, that may not be true.

Compaq Center/HP Pavilion is The Tanq/Tank.

Crap, now I can't think of any others. Anyways, its called whatever catches on...if somehow The Rock catches on then that's what it'll be.

I never heard of The Garage or The Phone Booth, so I'll take your word for it. I did think about the Shark Tank, that works. But I think it works so well because it has the team name in it. There is also the Swamp, but I'll always thought that was the whole meadowlands complex, or is it just CAA? And is the Igloo the name or nickname? Whatever, as long as is doesn't have .COM or Garden at the end then I like it.