Hypothetical deal

CMONPETEYD

I love Gomez, don't get me wrong, I think he is great. I am being a realist by saying his chances of staying are less than 50 % and if we have a chance to replace him with a player with a great amount of talent then we should do so.

Would all of your attitudes change if i said Alex Tanguay instead of Jaromir Jagr?

My whole point is that we could lose Gomer and if we were offered something substantial, should we take it?

Never in a million years. 5 or 10 years ago I would've considered it. As sandman says-- Jagr has already retired. He just hasn't gotten off the ice yet. The man will quit on you like nobody's business. He's already limping around, and it's not even playoff time. That's it: Lets trade our best on ice player for a guy who quits. Sounds like the kind of guy Louie would profile as a Devil.

It's a dream trade for everyone wanna see how looks like the end of the world...

Jagr with the Devils ?

Lou trade for Jagr ? with the Rangers ?

Lou trade a FA just 'coz he doesn't want take the risk to lose him for nothing ?

Trade for a name against a chemistry ?

And of course... Pando & Jagr teammate...

Jagr would never fit well into the Devils mold. Certain players thrive because of the situation there put in.

As great as he can be Jagr would not make the Devils better. Gomer is more valuable on the Devils then Jagr would ever be.

As for Jagr thriving because he wouldnt be "the guy"...Jagr IS "the guy" on any team he plays for, that's just baggage he will always carry regardless of the C that is or isnt on his sweater.

There are only a couple of teams that I think Jagr would be comfortable on...one of them is his old team the Penguins.

Jagr would never fit well into the Devils mold. Certain players thrive because of the situation there put in.

As great as he can be Jagr would not make the Devils better. Gomer is more valuable on the Devils then Jagr would ever be.

As for Jagr thriving because he wouldnt be "the guy"...Jagr IS "the guy" on any team he plays for, that's just baggage he will always carry regardless of the C that is or isnt on his sweater.

There are only a couple of teams that I think Jagr would be comfortable on...one of them is his old team the Penguins.

:doh1::doh1::doh1::doh1::doh1::doh1::doh1:

You want Jagr? Bergfors, Zajac, and 2 first rounders, at the VERY LEAST. Look what J.D. got for Tkachuk. Look what Lowe got for Ryan Smyth. Look at all the trades that went down today. Sheesh. And why would the Rangers want Gomez? If Sather pulled the trigger, that meant the Rangers were giving up on the season. What good would Gomez do?

Deadline dealing 101: You trade veterans for prospects and picks, and vice versa. You want to get rid of Gomez and get another vet? make a 3 way trade, either that or 2 separate deals. That's what the Islanders tried to do, and it almost worked, only the Blake deal was vetoed by the league since they got it in too late.

Edited by BleedsRangerBlue

Stop....

Jagr last year was a monster right.... 54 Goals 70 Assists.. when his team was good.

He obviously is wonderful when his team is good and has the supporting pieces. He is not a player that is meant to be "the guy" and he would not be the guy on the Devils.

The offense revolved around Jagr, and still does. If anything, it revolves him too much. It's become too predictable, and teams are shutting him down. That's why the offense has sputtered. Jagr is a great player, but a terrible leader. He can be the go-to-guy. He just can't be the captain.