Claude exits via high road

SC Devs Fan

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04052007/sport...ark_everson.htm

CLAUDE EXITS VIA HIGH ROAD

By MARK (N)Єverson

Lou Lamoriello

April 5, 2007 -- PHILADELPHIA - Perhaps this was exactly the sort of deference to Lucite Lou Lamoriello his players disrespected. Claude Julien yesterday refused to even mildly criticize the Teflon GM who is reaping the rewards Julien coaxed out of the Devils.

Two days after he was abruptly fired as Devils coach, leading the division with a 47-24-8 record and 102 points with three games left in the season, Julien took an unnaturally high road, reacting with almost too much class to Lamoriello's bizarre move.

"It hurts," Julien said. "I was looking forward to the playoffs, so it is disappointing in that sense."

And that was as bitter as Julien sounded yesterday, even as Lamoriello was bringing the Devils here in pursuit of their seventh Atlantic Division title. They face the league-worst Flyers tonight, needing one Magic Number point to assure their division crown and the second seed in the East.

"I still, to this day, think I didn't make a mistake coming to the organization," said Julien. "Lou's been nothing but fair with me. ... It's something we have to accept when we accept the job."

Julien insisted his firing was not the result of player upheaval, nor prompted by tattletale underlings.

"It had nothing to do with the players," Julien said. "I had a great relationship with the other coaches. It was a hockey-related decision."

Julien said he won't be rooting against the Devils, either.

"I've gone too far with this team to turn around and not wish them the best," he said. "For them to win the Stanley Cup would not hurt me at all. I still feel part of it."

mark.(N)Єverson@nypost.com

Wow. NEverson really hates Lou. :blink:

On a side note, does he realize that other than both being plastics, teflon and lucite really have nothing in common?

I hope he doesn't keep that up, like Stan with his der Bingle Crosby crap. Every time I read der Bingle, all I can think of are dingleberries. :o Which makes sense, considering I often think of Crosby as a little piece of s**t. :evil:

Funny we all caught that. NEverson just didn't think about what lucite meant before his stodgy fingers typed it on the page. Now he's had time to think, he's fixing his maloprop. Pea brain :doh1:

or just to be fair -- out of respect for his readers lack of appreciation of his subtlety and sarcasm he'd go back to the less original teflon metaphore. Either way he's still a pea brain.. but I do like that about him - he's trying :noclue: ... and he's so bad we get to mock him for it :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

right on jkrdevil.

what do all these writers expect?

yes he's fired & disappointed.

but in order for him to get paid, he accepts some phantom team assignment until another coaching opportunity comes along.

he can't say what he really feels about lou now!

so why is any reporter surprised about him taking the high road?

how much $$$ did julian make in the 3 year contract...and is he going to get the whole sum???

julian is a nice guy...probably too nice...

maybe if he threw gomez through some dry wall or tossed a few garbage cans in the locker room he'd have his shot at the playoffs...

(N)Єverson's "articles" have reached the point where they now seem like someone doing a bad parody of (N)Єverson articles.

Day by day (N)Єverson becomes an even bigger ass.