WWE wrestler Chris Benoit found dead

sandman441

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06292007/sport...nick.htm?page=0

Phil Mushnick is a moron. He goes about blaming Vince for everyone's death. Here's a few responses I saw to the trash that this guy wrote.

Mr. Mushnick,

You are one sick, twisted individual. You want to make the Benoit Tragedy into more than what it was.

You want to say that steroid abuse became prevalent because of Vince McMahon's reign as wrestling kingpin. I hope you don't step in what you're shoveling. Because it's nothing more than a load of crap.

Drugs have been a part of professional sports and entertainment for a long time. Superstar Billy Graham used steroids. As did Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan after him. They did so before the worked for Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Yet you don't seem to try and villify other promoters from the past and the present.

You go after Vince McMahon with ruthless abandon in a crusade to rid the planet of the most public face in professional wrestling. There are reasons that wrestlers are dying young. They are the ones making bad choices.

Eddie Guerrero took steroids before he even came to the WWF. When he died, it had been almost four years since he stopped taking them. It was his abuses before he came to the WWF(E) that killed him, not anything he did after he got there.

Chris Candito didn't die because of his past drug abuses. He died because of a clot that was thrown after surgery. Had the surgery come about because he fell off a curb picking up the morning paper, and not because of an injury he suffered in a wrestling ring owned by Dixie Carter, you would not make mention of it.

Brian Pillman was taking steroids and painkillers before he even decided to become a pro wrestler, when he was trying to make a name for himself as a professional football player in his hometown of Cincinnati.

Michael Hegstrand (aka Hawk) was taking steroids back when he was working for Verne Gagne. Louis Mucciolo (aka Louie Spiccoli) struggled with drugs before and after his WWF tenure. Yet you seem content to place the blame for all of these deaths on Vince McMahon.

Davey Boy Smith, Curt Hennig, Richard Rood, you want to blame them all on Vince McMahon as well. Guess what, you can't. These men all made a choice. They took the drugs. They weren't force fed them.

For every Chris Benoit out there, there is a John Tenta, John Minton, Andre Rousimoff, Rodney Anoa'i, Keith Franke, Joesph Marella, or Larry Latham out there that didn't die because of drugs. You want to blame Vince McMahon for their death's too. How about Randy Anderson, Vivian Vachon, David Adkinsson, Chris Adkinsson, Brian Hildebrand, Jerry Tuite, Gary Albright, Eddie Gilbert, or Jumbo Tsuruta, who's legacies never included employment by Vince McMahon on Raw, Smackdown, Superstars of Wrestling, All American Wrestling or any of the other shows that WWE ran in the past 25 years?

The "steroid problem" in wrestling is only apparent because of journalists like yourself that makes it out to be a problem.

To use the deaths of Daniel and Nancy Benoit as a soapbox to spread your message of hate, it's just wrong.

and here is one more...

Mr. Mushnick,

In light of the tragedy that has befallen the Benoit family, I find it reprehensable that the media are focusing on things like steroids, and the young deaths of wrestlers to boost ratings or paper buys when this should be a time of mourning for the Benoit family, and for workers inside the industry, the death of one of the best of all time. I'm not saying that Chris Benoit had any right to do what he did, but the REAL reason for what he did should be found out and the media shouldn't be sensationalizing what they feel will get ratings just to get the ratings. They should report the facts and leave it at that.

You mentioned a lot of wrestlers that have passed, but didn't do so "because of Vince McMahon." Chris Candido caught my eye right away. I had a chance to see Candido not too long before he died and he looked better than he had in years. He died because after a surgery, doctors didn't give him correct instructions and a blood clot formed and went to his heart.

Road Warrior Hawk's heart gave out from years of abuse (not just steroids), as did Eddie Guerrero's. For both of them the abuse started years before either of them went to work for Vince, and at least in the case of Eddie, he quit doing all the things that were harming him while he was working for WWE. Brian Pillman had a heart attack, caused by a condition he didn't know he had. Davey Boy Smith passed from a heart attack also.

It should also be noted that as far as professional wrestlers go, the whole dying young thing is a recent phenomenon. There are a lot of things that could be to blame for this. It could be the drugs, it could be the steroids, or, both of these things could be brought on by the stress they put their bodies through on a nightly basis.

I find it amazing that you guys in the media focus on Pillman, and Hawk, and Eddie, but you never mention the Freddie Blasses, or the Mr. Fujis, or even coming up now to the guys like Dusty Rhodes and "Superstar" Billy Graham that worked more than the guys do today, but still didn't manage to die young. Former world heavyweight champion Lou Thesz wrestled well into his 70's and was almost 90 at his time of death. It should be noted that Ric Flair is 58 years old, and still going strong. I think that the media needs to shift its focus if it wants to get stories right.

In short, Mr. Mushnick, I think that people like you are what is wrong with the media in general. You and your kind are the ones that keep the American public in the dark and then complain that we don't have a well informed public. If the media wouldn't sensationalize certain aspects of a case, wouldn't spin things to serve a political agenda, wouldn't blatantly and intentionally use false material to pad their case, we wouldn't have a country that is so misinformed.

I implore you, Mr. Mushnick, and your fellow newswriters and newscasters to report the news, don't lie to the public. Don't make sensational stories to try and get ratings. Don't fudge facts and spin things and tell half truths. Be part of the solution, sir. Because as it is right now, you're the problem.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I never said I agreed with all of Greg's arguments. I think they still are obviously athletes. And unlike other sports, they basically have to keep in shape cause there's no offseason. And the travel. Good god. The more I think about wrestling, the more I think it's crazy and bound to take its toll which would explain many of the mysterious deaths. The body is not meant to take that kind of punishment.

Geesh, now they are trying to say he put the crossface on HIS KID :blink:

I knew the second the media said "a chokehold" someone would say something like that.

For christ sake, the kid was SEVEN. He could have held his hand over the poor things mouth and nose and killed him, I highly doubt he was practicing wrestling moves on the boy.

Edited by thelastonealive

Well depends on how he toruqued the neck, but then again he may have just pillow smothered him too

I found it kinda funny they showed the move on the 500 pound Big Show for dramatic effect!

This was an article from Sunday's News I wanted to post:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_spo...erape_drug.html

Benoit took 'date-rape drug'

Sources: Wrestler mixed GHB & steroids

BY CHRISTIAN RED

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, July 1st 2007, 4:00 AM

Wrestler Chris Benoit, who cops say killed his wife and 7-year-old son before hanging himself, was abusing GHB (aka the "date-rape drug"), not to mention steroids, according to sources.

When authorities raided the Georgia home of wrestler Chris Benoit last week, they discovered a stockpile of anabolic steroids and prescription drugs, enough to spark the theory that Benoit descended into a violent "roid rage" and, police say, murdered his wife and 7-year-old son and then killed himself.

But in the wake of the lurid events that played out in suburban Atlanta last weekend, the Daily News has learned that another drug may have been part of a deadly cocktail that could have caused Benoit to snap. According to sources familiar with his drug regimen, Benoit was a known abuser of the drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate - or GHB, also known as the "date-rape drug." Benoit was known to have used GHB with former wrestler "Gentleman" Chris Adams when both men competed for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW) in the late '90s. They used the drug together until Adams' death in 2001, according to sources who knew both men, and friends say Benoit was still using it as recently as two years ago.

"Benoit was a GHB user and he did it with Chris Adams," the source told The News. "The question is, does GHB use play into what happened (in Fayetteville)?"

Authorities are still waiting for toxicology results on Benoit - whose stage name was "The Canadian Crippler" - but would be unable to detect GHB in his system without a complicated test conducted on his hair sample. Still, Benoit's past use of GHB opens up the seamy side of the wrestling world - one filled with hulking men who pile-drive their opponents while scantily clad women parade nearby. Professional wrestling is a "sport" that has long been saddled with accusations of rampant steroid and drug use.

"Everybody in the wrestling business had a liking for GHB back (in the '90s)," says a Benoit family friend. "The whole business was on it." GHB, which increases sexual prowess and boosts energy among other effects, is a Schedule I controlled substance commonly referred to as the "date-rape drug" and is illegal. The Benoit family friend corresponded with Nancy Benoit just weeks before her death but noticed nothing unusual. "She told me, 'I'm driving Chris crazy, but it's a short trip,'" the friend says with a laugh. "I don't think this is a monster acting out. I really don't buy that."

The same cannot be said for the British-born Adams, who was indicted on manslaughter charges after his girlfriend, Linda Kaphengst, died of a GHB-alcohol overdose in April 2000. But before Adams could stand trial, he was involved in a violent scuffle with friend Brent Parnell, before Parnell shot Adams to death with a .38-caliber gun in late 2001 near Dallas. Mickey Grant, a Texas-based filmmaker who recently completed a documentary on Adams, says that "both Chris's (Adams and Benoit) were friends at WCW" and that another wrestler confided to Grant that Benoit and Adams were "G buddies," a reference to GHB's common street name.

Grant, who knew Adams for over two decades, says he never saw the two wrestlers using the drug, but was devastated by Adams' "life gone to hell" as a result of his GHB addiction. "G, in my opinion, is a far worse drug than even crack (cocaine)," says Grant.

In the Benoit case, authorities found Nancy with her feet and wrists bound, and indications are Benoit used a chord to strangle her while applying his knee to her back. Daniel was suffocated. After the murders, Benoit reportedly placed a Bible next to each body and later hung himself using a weight-machine pulley in his workout room.

If Benoit was indeed still using GHB - or if he was trying to kick a habit and suffering from withdrawal - it is likely he would have become violent.

"You see guys that are on (GHB) who go on rages," says Trinka Porrata, a retired Los Angeles police detective who is president of the non-profit Project GHB and who has counseled and detoxed GHB addicts, including several professional wrestlers. "But another possibility, which is more likely, is GHB withdrawal. If (Benoit) tried to stop using it and went into withdrawal, that would explain the bizarre behavior - the text messages, the Bible and the suicide especially. You can suffer a terrible depression coming off this stuff. It's not a quit cold turkey drug."

Porrata adds that it is not uncommon for GHB users to add methamphetamine into the mix, and that meth abuse often contributes to bizarre acts involving religion.

"The question everybody asks is, 'How in the hell could you kill your son?' Well, in a meth psychosis, your son could be the devil. That can happen quite easily," says Porrata.

Benoit composed a bizarre series of text messages to several colleagues during the weekend of his killing spree, including one where he wrote out his full, formal Georgia address. In another, he stated that "the dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open." In a voice mail to a colleague, Benoit said "I love you," which the colleague said was "out of context."

Porrata says that the more severe state of GHB withdrawal - as opposed to addiction - requires at least a 14-day detox period under the care of a physician or health professional. She says the suffering is more intense and debilitating than coming off a heroin addiction. "There's sweating, your blood pressure rises in days one and two," Porrata says. "Then the psychosis starts. Days four, five and six are the worst. You hallucinate and there can often be violence accompanied with it. By day 11, the head starts to clear, but you are left with an intense depression."

The Georgia medical offices of Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, were raided by Drug Enforcement Agency agents Thursday, but the records remain sealed. Astin has stated that he has prescribed testosterone to Benoit, who had low levels attributed to rampant steroid use. Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard and Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office did not return calls from The News, and it is unclear if authorities were planning to test Benoit for GHB use. Many law enforcement agencies, Porrata says, still fail to administer the test.

Michael Benoit, the wrestler's father, said last week that he hopes toxicology tests will help explain his son's actions.

Says Porrata: "We try to put things in our own terms, 'Well, I couldn't kill my own child.' Yeah, but if you were on GHB or were psychotic, a mental illness or (something) drug-induced, it's not a rational act. It doesn't excuse it, but you can't explain it on your own moral values."

Chris Benoit Lives on ... at Target

Posted Jul 3rd 2007 3:54PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Wacky and Weird

A loyal TMZ reader has informed us that all merchandise related to the dead wrestler has been pulled from the WWE website, you can still find Chris Benoit (or at least his action figure) at your local Target store.

0703_target_benoit.jpg

Even more unbelievable, we found this little gem on the toy aisle at a Target in Atlanta, which is less than fifty miles from where the murders/suicide took place. Note the toy's now-prophetic title: "Micro Aggression." Eek.

The toy set comes complete with the evil Kane, the Undertaker (insert bad taste joke here), and alleged double murderer Benoit. Steroids not included.

Calls to Target reps have not been returned.

Fox News doesn't stream

but the mighty WARRIOR posted it on his site :lol:

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/2007/0...d-colmes-video/

this is soooo worth the laugh and keeps a wacky perspective on how INSANE Jim Hellwig is and makes all the Benoit questions about HIMSELF!

Here's another interesting article I read in yesterday's News with some telling quotes from some wrestlers:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_spo...n_for_pain.html

"You start using steroids because everybody's using steroids," he says, speaking from his home in Chula Vista, Calif., where he is awaiting a kidney transplant. "No one tells you you have to, but the only guys making money are the guys on steroids."

As any steroid user will attest, the drugs might be dangerous, but they definitely work.

"Then you start taking painkillers because then you start getting hurt and you're afraid of losing your spot," Ashenoff says. "The more you work the more money you make; everybody's working through pain on painkillers."

"Now, I'm definitely not blaming Curt for getting addicted to painkillers," says Waltman, 34, who no longer wrestles. "I choose not to point the finger at anyone but ourselves. But back then, the ring was really hard. I was working 300 days a year. A lot of traveling. It was --- miserable."

There needs to be some sort of stricter regulation on painkillers. Not just in wrestling, but in the real world in general.

There are so many doctors who will willingly prescribe Vicodin to someone who merely describes a backache, rather than actually doing any form of testing first.

I can understand in some situations, but man, some of it is crazy. I think there are way too many prescription-happy doctors out there.

Not blaming the doctors, because unfortunately there is the idea that you must treat the pain as if it were real and intense (if it is described that way), even if the patient is fabricating the pain itself, but where can the line be drawn?

the REAL odd irony is if Blackman showed this kinda personality when he was on the roster he might still be there....

but this whole thing is still a big mess.....

when does the toxicology come out??

Well since it's gonna be a few weeks until we know for sure what was in his system... a very funny writer takes a smack to the conspiracy idiots who can't accept the fact that this man killed two people!!

And damn this is just too funny!!!

JunkNewsEditorial! Kevin Sullivan Did It!

Posted By GRUT on 07.10.2007

Before I begin I'd like to point out that I'm not a wise man or an educated man or a good man. When I'm called in to solve a suspected double homicide/suicide I look at the facts. I don't try to form opinions, I don't think about the evidence I see, I only pay attention to the facts of the case. In the case of the Benoit family murders, the facts lead me to only one possible answer: Kevin Sullivan did it.

What's that you say? You ask if I am a maniac? Well, is former wrestler Johnny Lee Clary (better known by all of us as Johnny Angel) a maniac? Mr. Clary has spent years building up a trust by presenting a level of integrity never before seen in the world of professional wrestling. Mr. Clary sent out a press release via his blog on MySpace stating that Kevin Sullivan should be investigated in this case. According to the world renown Johnny Angel Kevin Sullivan is a devil worshiper, a fact backed up by Hulk Hogan (although he said it in reference to Nancy because he's classy). Several legit news sources have picked up this tidbit, and thank God for them because they're 100% right!

Let's check out the facts:

1. Kevin Sullivan worships Satan.

2. Kevin Sullivan owns a restaurant in Florida. Really? A restaurant? More like a steroid factory where he makes and distributes and takes steroids! Could you imagine the rage of the tiny man with all those steroids in him?

3. This is a shocker. Nancy was once MARRIED to Kevin Sullivan and in fact divorced him to be with Chris Benoit!

4. Chris Benoit QUIT as champion of WCW when Sullivan was in charge of the booking!

5. Those two events must've pissed off Kevin sumtin' sore.

6. Kevin Sullivan fought Chris Benoit many times, thus must be familiar with the Crossface, the move used to kill everyone in the house.

7. Kevin Sullivan was a part of The Alliance to End Hulkamania. That's just evil!

8. Kevin Sullivan also had to deal with a mentally challenged blood relative, Evad Sullivan.

9. Kevin Sullivan has shifty eyes.

10. Kevin Sullivan was involved with Sherri Martel, Nancy Benoit, Miss Elizabeth, Johnny Grunge, Eddie Guerrero, The Renegade, The Third Doink and John Tenta and now they're all dead. Coincidence?

11. He got really angry when I stood in his restaurant and screamed, "MURDERER! ADMIT IT! YOU KILLED THEM! ANOTHER G AND T! MURDERER!" Doth he protest too much?

12. All professional wrestlers get drugged up and beat on women and kids.

13. The stress of being on the road with WCW ate his brain.

And there you have it. Kevin Sullivan clearly killed all three of them and framed it so it would look like Benoit did it. Mainstream media, if you are reading this I'd be happy to go on your shows and talk about my very sane opinion. It's not that I want to be on tv, that's not why I wrote this incredibly illuminating and 100% true column. It's that I want Kevin Sullivan to pay for what he did.

Kevin Sullivan, if you can hear me, or rather if you're reading this, or if somebody tells you about this column, you disgust me. I have no stomach for those who commit triple murders and worship Satan. Murderer. MURDERER! YOUR STEAKS ARE OVERPRICED! MURDERER! MURDERRRRRRRRRER!

That's where the column ended, but I have to fill you in with a late update. Last night I had a dream where Kevin Sullivan and Satan were trying to kill me with the Crossface! I ran away and then they French kissed. Kevin Sullivan was wearing a shirt that said, "I DID IT!" Satan was wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. I hope you accept this as further proof of Kevin Sullivan's guilt.

The Associated Press reported Monday evening that the Chris Benoit toxicology report is slated to be released Tuesday afternoon.

Although most have reached the conclusion that learning what specifically drove Chris Benoit to kill his wife and son before committing suicide is impossible, the toxicology report could shed some light on whether drugs, specifically steroids, were a factor in shaping Benoit's mental state.

According to PWTorch.com, the results will be revealed at 1:30PM Tuesday. A press conference detailing the results will follow an hour later.

Benoit News: Authorities reveal Benoit family toxicology report

Submitted by Brian Cantor on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 3:04 PM EST

Kris Sperry, Chief medical examiner of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, revealed in a press conference Tuesday that Chris Benoit tested for elevated levels of testosterone.

An analysis of the urine revealed Benoit had 207 mcg/liter of testosterone, with a testosterone:epitestosterone ratio of 59:1. The data suggests that he had been taking some testosterone for a period shortly before his double murder-suicide, although no other steroids were found in his urine.

Kris Sperry noted that while the data does reveal he was taking testosterone, it is impossible to know why he was taking it. Sperry added that there is no conclusive evidence that steroids could have greatly affected his mental state and driven him to commit the murders and suicide.

Benoit's body also revealed hydrocodone and Xanax use.

Nancy Benoit, like Chris, tested for hydrocodone (along with breakdown product hydromorphone) and Xanax. Her blood alcohol content was .184, although Sperry was quick to note that that level could entirely be caused by the decomposition process.

Sperry said that the hydrocodone and Xanax test levels were in a therapeutic range.

Son Daniel Benoit tested positive for Xanax. Authorities believe he was sedated with the drug prior to his murder.