WWE wrestler Chris Benoit found dead

sandman441

No that's fair

and I don't sympathize with him ONE BIT... don't get that wrong

I feel for everyone involved in this BUT HIM... the family... the victims... the co-workers... even the FANS (which I am one of)... but he lost that right with a LOT of other ones when he did what he DID

but it's coming to terms and struggling to accept that the perfect citizen he was came at such a SICK cost that is the issue

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And pages later I figured I'd put in my two cents.....I for one haven't watched wrestling in ages but the last time I did I really really enjoyed two wrestlers who were at the peak of adversity.... Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit.....At the time I last watched it that was the big match up for the Intercontinental Championship or some other type belt...and it was great...everything Crasher's been saying about his wrestling style is completely true....but now it just truly breaks my heart that such a tragedy has happened...it's insane to think something this horrible could be done by anyone much less someone who so many fans cheered for on a weekly basis.....that aside I think this incident could very well blow the lid off of the WWE...I noticed the articles, specifically the WWE's statement on steroids and what not and have finally put together why they are pushing so hard to distance this tragedy from steroids....it turns out (as per ESPN so take that as you will) that Benoit had as recently as April passed a steroids test and yet there seems to be a strong connection between the florida company that delivered steroids to his house...now sure so far it all looks as though they were for his son but if toxicology reports come back and Benoit had steroids in his system then it could really do some damage to the way the WWE is viewed with thier steriod policy and testing procedures....

OK - I totally know how awful it is to find that your hero is not at all who you think he was and there is a certain amount of denial...

...but in the spirit of objectivity, I'll just say that I hope those of you who are thinking this isn't what it seems also think OJ is indeed innocent.

(Hey someone has to fill crasher's crushingly realistic shoes in this thread)

Why? Because they went through all the evidence already in such a quick amount of time and there's nothing to be skeptical about? It doesn't look good. But can anyone explain the inconsistency on times of death and the bizarre text messages?

I think there needs to be more time first.

More:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070627/ap_on_...s/wrestler_dead

"I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

Something feels like it's still missing in the picture.

Life is hard sometimes. The kid had problems. That sucks. You fought with your wife over figuring out exactly how to care for the kid as he got older. That sucks. You kill your wife and kid AND yourself to solve it?

Suicide really pisses me off. The person carrying out the act will ultimately justify their death, thinking it's better for themselves to escape and it's better for their loved ones not to see so much struggle and not for them to EXPERIENCE struggles because of YOUR struggles. I feel like maybe Benoit thought the same way in killing his wife and kid. He wanted to end a struggle for them as well.

I'm not trying to say that he murdered them out of love, but I wonder if maybe that's what he thought he was doing. Placing the bible next to their bodies and all makes me feel like it's definitely a possibility. He wanted God to save their souls since he couldn't save them, you know?

Of course, maybe this is a major stretch and I'm talking out of my ass...who knows.

What about panic? What if he did kill his wife out of rage and simply got scared? What's he going to tell his son? How's he going to look to the public? Is he going to go to jail? Maybe he couldn't handle that, and that's what turned it from the possibility of rage to this deliberate thing. I've been using the term semi-deliberate in my mind when thinking about this...it became deliberate when he realized the finality of his actions.

Im kinda getting to this thred a little late.

I heard about it on UK news the other night and it was thought they had been murderd, i was shocked when i found out Benoit had killed them and himself.

My brother is Semi Mentally handicapped, and when he was young it was tough on my family, the strain on both my parents was incredible, but they worker through it together.

I cant imagine how hard it must have been for their family trying to cope, with one parent constantly away, with the other left to cope with the child on there own.

Benoit might have got to the point where he saw no other way out than this, in no way am i trying to justifiy what he did, but the strain, as well as the steroids must have finally pushed him over the edge.

i have seen the term "Monster" used to describe Benoit, but no one will ever know what he was going through, to do something like that to people he loved means he was incredably desperate. I dont think anyone can imagine the pain he must have gone through.

This is a terribly sad thing to happen.

One more thing to add... one of my friends who had a growth issue too.. was given the HGH stuff like Benoit's kiid... that is a NORMAL procedure in these cases... so there was nothing weird with injecting the kid or having the stuff in the house...

and now to make it weird again:

Benoit's doctor said he met with the wrestler day of the killings

The Associated Press - ATLANTA

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit met with his personal physician hours before he allegedly killed his wife and son and then hanged himself in his basement, the doctor said Wednesday.

"He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," said Dr. Phil Astin of metro Atlanta. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

Authorities say Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son Daniel and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley over the weekend. No motive was offered for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday.

Astin, who said he was Benoit's longtime friend and physician, said he had prescribed testosterone to Benoit because he suffered from low amounts of the hormone. He said the condition likely originated from previous steroid use. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of the meeting.

"I'm still very surprised and shocked, especially with his child Daniel involved," said Astin. "He worshipped his child."

Investigators said Benoit's 43-year-old wife was strangled Friday with what appeared to be a cable in an upstairs family room, and her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, and his body was found in his bed, the district attorney said.

Before the killings, the family was struggling with how to care for the child, who suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation, said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment.

"Him and Nancy were clearly struggling about this whole issue, about how to take care of Daniel," said McDevitt.

"I don't know what he confronted when he went back into the house," he said. "No one really knows that. We'll have to see. Clearly this issue of the son was a stressor on both of their relationships for some time."

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on his neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs may have caused the muscle man nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler" to kill his wife and child and then himself.

Meanwhile, Fayette County authorities are investigating a link between Benoit and a Florida business that may have supplied him with anabolic steroids.

Benoit received drug deliveries from Signature Pharmacy and MedXLife.com, a Florida business that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet, Albany County, N.Y., District Attorney David Soares said in a statement Wednesday.

"As we have seen, the effects of this type of drug abuse can have devastating effects on individuals and their families, and we will continue to prosecute all those who illegally distribute narcotics and controlled substances to Albany citizens," he said in the statement.

Six people, including two of the pharmacy's owners, have pleaded guilty in the investigation, and 20 more have been arrested, including doctors and pharmacists.

"That's something that sounds like we ought to be investigating," Ballard told the AP on Wednesday. "We ought to be in touch with Albany folks. Certainly we need to corroborate with them, see if we've got anything that helps them and they have anything that helps us."

A lawyer for MedXLife co-owner Dr. Gary Brandwein scoffed at the allegations that his client's company sold steroids to Benoit.

"I've only read that in the paper. I have no direct information about that whatsoever," Terence Kindlon said Wednesday, adding that Albany County prosecutors were trying to "distract everyone's attention from the fact that their case is disintegrating."

Brandwein, a 44-year-old osteopath from Boca Raton, Fla., has pleaded not guilty to six counts in New York state court related to the criminal sale of a controlled substance. He was accused of signing and sending prescriptions without ever seeing patients.

Telephone messages left for attorneys for Brian Schafler and Greg Trotta _ two other co-owners of MedXLife _ were not immediately returned on Wednesday. The two men have pleaded guilty to felony third-degree diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions, admitting they helped get drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them.

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." It also added that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.

"The drugs they had found in there, including the steroids, were all pursuant to legitimate prescription. We know they know which doctor prescribed it," McDevitt told the AP on Wednesday. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies."

While steroids can cause the paranoia and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage," the drug is also associated with deep and lengthy bouts of depression.

"Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

This is a piece from ESPN...

ATLANTA -- In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday.

Chris Benoit

AP Photo/WWE, HO

Authorities are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Chris Benoit, above, his wife and child.

"I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.

He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.

The guy is obviously a total nutjob. You don't kill other people unless you are a total nutjob. I hope they never figure out exactly why he did this. Steroids, his son's condition...if it's something like that, all that would do is result in some people passing some of the blame to that; maybe beginning to feel a little sorry for the guy, and maybe not try to justify his actions, but 'understand' them. I don't care how good a guy he may have been before this past weekend, but he deserves no compassion, no excuses, no understanding, no matter what, for what he did.

The guy is obviously a total nutjob. You don't kill other people unless you are a total nutjob. I hope they never figure out exactly why he did this. Steroids, his son's condition...if it's something like that, all that would do is result in some people passing some of the blame to that; maybe beginning to feel a little sorry for the guy, and maybe not try to justify his actions, but 'understand' them. I don't care how good a guy he may have been before this past weekend, but he deserves no compassion, no excuses, no understanding, no matter what, for what he did.

I just hate the idea that people may lessen the blame that they put on this guy because of possible 'motives'. Just because a guy 'thinks' that he may be doing the right thing doesn't mean that he is. But you're right, if good can come out of this, then I hope it does...better educate wrestlers/athletes about steroids, or help families cope with Fragile X syndrome. As long as no one makes this guy a martyr.

Edited by metallidevils

Wha wha wha.... what?!?!??!!? :blink:

Now I was under the understanding that Sherri died from a painkiller overdose because she would not afford the back surgery she needed to live day in and day out (again it's a nice SHOVE IT to those of you who oh this crap is all fake... this woman couldn't take a STEP without pain because of the lifestyle)

Oh this is gonna get twisted if the two are related

weird enough that Benoit's old Stampede Wrestling Tag Partner died too

holy hell I don't think I can handle ANOTHER fvcked up turn of events in this....

I think it's likely a mere coincidence. There's also some like between Benoit and Bobby Lee Cutts, who killed his girlfriend and unborn child, I forget what her name is, but it's some girl that used to date him and was also some sort of character in the WWE, I believe related to Benoit at some point.