RUMOR: Devils/Canucks trade, Oil pressuring Lou on Parise

ghdi

see - you're right about bieksa vs. ohlund, but ohlund a top 15 defender in the league? no.

and a statement like bieksa > ohlund is nothing like the silly rumors i was seeing over there - that site is still a joke, although i'm sure there are good posters around

I think I would put Ohlund close to top 15...I know many canuck fans overate him saying he may be a top 7 defensemen in the league but at this point I don't see all that many great defensemen in the league. and 15 isn't a reach. In the upcoming seasons I think many young defensmen like Seabrook, Weber and Phaneuf will pass Ohlund though.

On the note of HF...yea its getting worse, it was at its best late 90's when complete morons where put in their place, but since then anyone can join and its not a offense to being stupid but it is to correct the stupid. Just as bad on this site with fanboys galore, hard to get a true perspective on the Devils so thats why I just consider myself correct most of the time.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils would have to gut their system (whats left) if they were looking for an upgrade at defense or center. I think they will go into this season and see what camp and Sutter provide this team. Its shaping up to being a low scoring season but excellent defensivly. Not enough jump from the back end unless Sutter gets Greene, Martin and Rachunek to activate from the backend.

On the note of HF...yea its getting worse, it was at its best late 90's when complete morons where put in their place, but since then anyone can join and its not a offense to being stupid but it is to correct the stupid. Just as bad on this site with fanboys galore, hard to get a true perspective on the Devils so thats why I just consider myself correct most of the time.

My problem with the site is that the mods fall on one extreme of the sports moderator spectrum.

On one side, you've got the nazi mods. Example: pretty much every single Red Sox mod.

They'll ban you if you don't think everything regarding the team is perfect or if you fail to add a thousand Hail Papis to your posts. Pretty much what would happen if any of the "If you don't think everything regarding the Devils is perfect and say anything bad about the team even if they've lost a billion consecutive games by the score of 1,000,000 to 0 then you're not a fan!" people were ever made a moderator.

On the other hand, and this is where the HF Devils board falls in, you've got the moderators who go so far out of their way to prove to fans of other teams that they're not nazis, that they almost end up being nazis to their own fans.

If you're a fan of another team and hate the Devils, you can trash the team all you want on that board and not only will you not get banned, but your post won't be locked or deleted as long as fans of other teams are posting in it, but once Devils fans show up to defend themselves, only then will one of the mods conveniently show up and say "Uh-oh this has gone too far" which translates to "Uh-oh, Devils fans are defending themselves. Can't have this board looking inhospitable to other teams' fans even if the only ones who would visit this board are haters who never post anything intelligent"

It's a shame too, because the mods there are otherwise rather intelligent and are some of the few people on that site who aren't total homers.

For an even worse example of mods on that end of the spectrum, see the Tampa Buccaneers official board. Loaded with fans of practically every other team in the NFC and all of them know they've pretty much got diplomatic immunity.

Regarding this topic, Lou works in mysterious ways. After the Arnott trade, I don't think I'll be totally shocked by any trade he decides to make. That being said, if he does any of the trades Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has been proposing, I'd check his Kool-aid to see if someone had tampered with it. :blink:

Can every single rumor on the internet be posted here? Because it seems like it.

Can every single rumor on the internet be posted here? Because it seems like it.

Yea, I've been on this forum for just short time and I am ,um, amazed how much garbage is posted here. Everytime I see these Rumor threads, I read them and then realize that I wasted my time. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Latest Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate): Devils have so many trades in the works that Lou was confused and really wanted Jason Smith, not Mitchell. Also, rumor has it that Lou is looking to get the rights back for Malakhov from San Jose and may deal Parise to do so.

Oh, sorry there is so much BS going around I thought I would add my own unsubstantiated ex-Devils trade rumors.

I think I would put Ohlund close to top 15...I know many canuck fans overate him saying he may be a top 7 defensemen in the league but at this point I don't see all that many great defensemen in the league. and 15 isn't a reach. In the upcoming seasons I think many young defensmen like Seabrook, Weber and Phaneuf will pass Ohlund though.

I suppose it's true that there aren't many great d men in the league, but saying Ohlund is top 15 - he can be put with any number of guys who are as valuable or almost as valuable. I guess you're right in saying there aren't that many great defenders out there - the dearth of good D in the 95-99 drafts is showing itself right now.

I think my problem with HF is that the posters there masquerade as unbiased - the trade rumors threads are full of crap. This place is going downhill too (and I don't quite understand why).

As far fetched as these rumours sound, do any of us really know what Lou is thinking? Could it be Lou is asking himself "does Elias have more value in a trade at 31 or at 34?", "do i want the opportunity to move a 6 millon cap hit today for perhaps 6 million in cap space in a yr or 2?" Could Lou perhaps be looking to remain competitive now BUT attempting to completely re-tool at the same time?

Elias and Lil' G are very good hockey players BUT if you had to choose 1 to keep i have to say Lil' G. Elias is older and more expensive. Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) could be full of sh!t, he could be right about the teams but wrong about the players or his "sources" could be bang on and we as Devils fans maybe just can't handle the business side of the game we love!... who knows.

That being said, we DO need a d-man like Ohlund, i said like.. doesn't have to be him..., which means Matvichuk would at the very least be sent to the minors or perhaps Chicago as they are looking for a vet. d-man to help the youngsters. Unfourtunately, to get any above average d-man we'd have to give up something above average, pick your poison.... Elias, Gionta, Madden, Langenbrunner? I know some of these guys have NTC/NMC but that just means they have to choose to go, which isn't so far fetched if the player views the situation he'd going to, be better than where he's at.

So let's, for the FUN of it, look at a senario involving VAN and EDM both....

1. NJ trades LW/C Elias to VAN for D Ohlund, LW/RW Pyatt + Pick/prospect (Elias 6 cap hit, Ohlund+Pyatt 5 cap hit)..... VAN has Sedin Sedin Naslund #1, Elias Morrison Isbister #2

2. NJ trades RW Gionta to EDM for C Stoll and LW Torres (Gionta has a 4 mill. cap hit and Stoll and Torres have a 4.4 cap hit) EDM has said BOTH were/are available!

Obviously there maybe more involved coming from NJ in these "trades". SO..... EDM,VAN and NJ get what they want. We get bigger, younger and stronger which Lou wants and Sutter's style would love while still being very capable of generating scoring, we save $600 000 on the cap and have future flexability in contract terms.....

Our Lines then would look like this.......

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner (goes without saying they were the #1 line last year!)

Torres-Stoll-Zubrus

Pyatt-Madden-Pandolfo

Brylin-Rupp-Clarkson

Ohlund-White

Martin-Vishnevsky

Greene-Rachunek

Oduya

Now let me be clear, THIS IS NOT A TRADE OR RUMOUR OF ONE! I'm simply saying the teams envolved in the speculation could very well pull of a deal that would benefit both or all 3 teams. I am NOT saying that these guys are better than Gionta or Elias, but they are very good and would be very comfortable in the Devils system if not thrive!

:gd:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

Yeah...And also, if i remember correctly,i got banned because i made a joke about : haha Rangers blowing 2-0leads. ;)

Which they did over and over again. Haha.

Well I will say Parise IS out of the quesiton to trade. I doubt Elias will move because of his no trade clause. I dont think we can allow Gionta to leave unless we get Arnott in a trade.

If we get Arnott then i say we could trade Gio.

this is my two cents....I haven't read the whole thread but IMHO the teams involved in any such trade and probably right but the players cannot be right. Elias and Gio ARE the main offensive weapons on this team. We have other tradeable players, because their reputation is of value...ie Madden, White, Brylin. If the Devils are to make a move it would be by removing a player that our success has created. I can see madden leaving because IMO he adds no value to our team. He is slowing rapidly and I'd wrather have Pando on the ice then Madden. just my opinion...

you people don't understand elias has a no-movement clause he's not getting traded end of story

and elias is not still weakened by his hepatitis - i guess he was weakened by it in 05-06 when he had a legendary 2nd half + post-season

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner (goes without saying they were the #1 line last year!)

Torres-Stoll-Zubrus

Pyatt-Madden-Pandolfo

Brylin-Rupp-Clarkson

Ohlund-White

Martin-Vishnevsky

Greene-Rachunek

Oduya

I understand perfectly that Elias has a NMC BUT do you know what Elias is thinking right now as he looks at the Devils roster for next season? Cause i don't, If Elias wants to stay here he's here but if he feels this might be a good time for him to go where he wants, while still helping the Devils out for being so good with him he's outta here.

Could Elias look at VAN with the a young stud goalie and a very solid back end as a better option than a team with a goalie nearing the end of his HOF career and a suspect (to be nice) back end? while still maintaining his NMC once there? I think so.

Will it happen? I doubt it, Is it impossible... YES! Either way Lou will do what's best for NJ and sometimes that includes some non fan friendly moves!

Wow, people here are really hung up on these NTC and NMC like they're the friggin' 10 Commandments or something! Bottom line if the player wants out, he can go a NTC or NMC isn't a be all end all it just puts the power in the players hands.

Now if the Devils totally disappears this year, which i hope they don't 'cause i wont here the end of it if Toronto places higher than us, than every veteran and i mean every veteran should be made available NMC or not!

Bottom line, i hope no moves are the right moves, i hope Elias and Gionta have great seasons and the Devils still contend this year 'cause if not big changes WILL happen next summer!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

Yes, it is impossible. You think Elias, after being a captain for one year, is going to say, 'Hey Lou, send me to Vancouver or some real contender - even though you signed me for 7 years and I want to play in Newark?'

And by the same token, do you think Lou will come to Elias and say, "Hey, Patrik, we don't want you anymore - but there's a team in the Pacific Northwest that's got a jersey for you!"

neither party would ever approach the other with these things - that's why it wouldn't happen. nor does it make sense for the devils to deal elias. give the guy one season where our coach isn't fired at the end of it to prove he's an elite LW - he will prove it next year.

I understand perfectly that Elias has a NMC BUT do you know what Elias is thinking right now as he looks at the Devils roster for next season? Cause i don't, If Elias wants to stay here he's here but if he feels this might be a good time for him to go where he wants, while still helping the Devils out for being so good with him he's outta here.

Could Elias look at VAN with the a young stud goalie and a very solid back end as a better option than a team with a goalie nearing the end of his HOF career and a suspect (to be nice) back end? while still maintaining his NMC once there? I think so.

Will it happen? I doubt it, Is it impossible... NO! Either way Lou will do what's best for NJ and sometimes that includes some non fan friendly moves!

you people don't understand elias has a no-movement clause he's not getting traded end of story

and elias is not still weakened by his hepatitis - i guess he was weakened by it in 05-06 when he had a legendary 2nd half + post-season

Lets say your little brain storm is correct and Elias doesn't think NJ has any chance at winning and wants a trade to Vancouver. Why the hell would Ohlund want to go to New Jersey and away from Vancouver where he has played his whole career at, he also has a no trade clause.