RUMOR: Devils/Canucks trade, Oil pressuring Lou on Parise

ghdi

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) somehow has some credibility this summer. He beat major news sources to the Vishnevsky signing, certainly. His rumors, however, stink - those are invented IMO.

haha at thinking that hfboards posters have any credibility - ohlund is younger than rafalski so he has to be better!! also ohlund was a huge prospect 10 years ago so omg he's so good! ohlund isn't better than rafalski - he's close, but he's not better.

Even a gambler wins a bet once in a while, Eklunds track record is beyond terrible. The "Souray to Columbus rumor didn't even get picked by anyone.

Petey's analogy about the Twinkie is dead on.

I hate HF, the place is boring.

Wait a minute....what is a Mark Clayton banner doing here. I thought I had exclusivity on the Ravens?!?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst these rumours Really p!$$ me off,

This topic was started in the correct manner (as asked for by Mseet)

It even states that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is the sorce in the title.

Anyone who didnt want to read it shouldnt have.

As for this same rumor again, its just unbelivable.

Ohlund isnt even the best Vancouver defencman.

Bieska is miles better, as well as being younger, he can score and put up assist.

As for Parise, the guy knows whats good for him, i would have thought he could have sensed the fact he is quickly becoming one of the Stars of this team, who have a chance of winning,

Where as in Oil country he would merley serve as a great player on an awfull team.

i just read the HFboards thread on this subject - anyone looking to get dumber should consider reading this.

I don't know, this thread rivals any article or thread for stupidity. You have people saying Bieska is better then Ohlund...Ohlund is probably a top 15 defensemen in the league and one of the best players in his own end. Bieska plays soft minutes while Ohlund is up against the top lines of other teams.

I'm happy with the new rumour format, so keep on posting it this way and I won't complain... I know what I'm getting into when I click on it...

Much better to read: RUMOR: Elias to Vancouver, Sorce Ecklund... rather than ELIAS ABOUT TO BE TRADED!!!!!!!

That said, Beatlebum, if you like HF boards so much, go there! Don't criticize the long standing members of this board.

Edited by aylbert

I don't know, this thread rivals any article or thread for stupidity. You have people saying Bieska is better then Ohlund...Ohlund is probably a top 15 defensemen in the league and one of the best players in his own end. Bieska plays soft minutes while Ohlund is up against the top lines of other teams.

see - you're right about bieksa vs. ohlund, but ohlund a top 15 defender in the league? no.

and a statement like bieksa > ohlund is nothing like the silly rumors i was seeing over there - that site is still a joke, although i'm sure there are good posters around

They played together on the same line the majority of the season!!

Bieska was second in ice time among all Canucks players last season (Ohlund was 1st by 30 seconds more), he lead their defence in goals assists and points as well that he was awarded with two team awards, the Walter Pratt award for Best Defenceman and the Fred J. Hume award as the unsung hero.

He logged more ice time in the playoffs than any other skater on his team.

Oh he is only 26 as well.

So im gonna stick by my statement that Bieska is currently a better player than Ohlund.

EDIT: oh and he is a Gritty as F**k:

See below:

Compilation:

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

I agree with coldply123. I think Lou avoided Souray to keep the cash available to re-sign Parise and allow for having some cap room left for any other player that may come along.

As for the trade, I don't think Elias is going anywhere.

Parise didn't sound like a guy who expected to be signing any offer sheets this past week when the Sutter news broke. From Chere's article:

"It's awesome," Devils winger Zach Parise said. "I'm pretty excited about it. He coached Team Canada in the world juniors. Travis (Zajac), who was trying out, said a lot of guys liked him. I think this is great for us."

I hate HF, the place is boring.

Its full of trolls..I hate that place.And i prefer to dicuss hockey here with Great fans

'Ok, first of all if Kevin Lowe was really bright, i would not do an offer sheet to Parise.We all know how Parise is awesome but some how, he'll not offer 7millions, i assume he'll offer him 4-5.575 millions for a 1st-2nd-3rd rounds picks.Anyway, Parise is not the type of forward they need, they have plenty of them ! Schremp,Gagner ect ....Why wasting your time on Parise?Why not be smart, don't offer him an offer sheet, and just continue to build around the draft, and you have to fill some spot just try your best to sign some Free Agents.

The offer sheet to Thomas Vanek was more of a : Yo, I'm desesperate and i'm pissed off!@!!!!,The reasons why? None free agents wanted to come to Edmonton,and the thing of Nylander not coming to Edmonton and going to the Caps was p

Edited by TravisZajac

That would be a total mind-blow if Parise was traded.. even Gionta.. I already do not trust Lou much with the crap he pulled last season with firing Julien.. we'll see what he does here but its odd how he hasn't resigned Parise or Martin yet

Whilst these rumours Really p!$$ me off,

This topic was started in the correct manner (as asked for by Mseet)

It even states that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is the sorce in the title.

Anyone who didnt want to read it shouldnt have.

I gotta agree here. We all know Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s full of sh!t, it's not necessary to invade every single thread mentioning him to blurt it out. Discuss the rumors based on their merits or lack thereof rather than wasting your time attacking the messenger. Are we really so bored that we're looking for excuses to start arguments?

well back to the subject, Im reading his blog replies to the post he's updated it a bit to see what else hes coming up with outta his ass dunno if this was mentioned in the pissing battle prior

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) 7:05

Devils want Mitchell (e3) Habs looking at Danny Markov...more as I get it

Lou is happy with the team right now and dosent want to subtract anything and will only add. So i expect nothing big to happen.

Im not calling you out or anything like that, but how do any of us know the level of Lou's happiness with the team as it stands?

I believe Lou wasn't happy before with the team. But signing Zubrus and VV, filled some gaps. He most likely wants Martin to fill Rafalski's role, and have Rachunek play Martins old supporting role.

I dont think we'll see a trade like Lou had mentioned before the signings, because he was able to get Zubrus. If we didnt get Zubrus, I could see us going big in a trade.

A trade could still happen, but this team is in fine standing now as-is (an upgrade in mobile D would still be nice though)

what the fvck do the devils need with willie mitchell? why would vancouver trade him? and what in the world would they exchange?

it's stupid sh!t like this that blows my mind about Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)

ghdi lou is never happy with the team - his old maxim is that if they see something, they'll go after it. me, i think he's not actively shopping anymore because it's a seller's market now, and the devils don't have anything significant to trade.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Parise doesn't have much invested in the Devils, so if the Oil threw a 7M a year contract for 7 years at him he'd be crazy not to sign it. I wouldn't expect Lou to match any ridiculous offer and although I'd hate to see him go I couldn't hold it against him.

As for a trade... I have faith that if Lou makes a deal he'll fleece Vancouver. If Elias or Gionta is involved then he'll get something that we'll like in return.

I'm not sure I would like Mitchell. More of what we already have on D. Ohlund on the other hand would be a nice addition, although pretty expensive. I don't agree with trading Gionta/Elias for any package that doesn't make us better defensively and at least gives us an offensive player in return. You can't take 30 goals out of our pop gun offence and replace it with nothing...