Rumor: Belfour close to playing in Sweeden

CMONPETEYD

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=cp-n...p&type=lgns

Report: netminder Belfour close to signing with Leksand of Swedish League

Canadian Press

August 19, 2007

(CP) - Having failed to land a job with an NHL team, veteran goaltender Ed Belfour is reportedly ready to continue his career overseas.

According to a report in Swedish sports publication Expressen, Belfour is "very close" to signing a contract with second-division Leksand of the Swedish League. Belfour became an unrestricted free agent in July after spending last season with the Florida Panthers.

Belfour, 42, went 27-17-10 with a 2.77 goals-against average for the Panthers last season. The two-time Vezina Trophy winner has 484 career wins in 17 seasons with Chicago, San Jose, Dallas, Toronto and Florida.

I don't think sweden could handle Crazy Eddie...

hey i'm down for swedish twins of the lundqvist variation...

Isnt it a swedish b league? Not even their premier.

Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong, but don't teams in the SEL move around from the elite division to lesser divisions based on the performance of the team? I think this team used to be in the elite league, was relegated to the 2nd division, made it back to the elite league for a year, just to be relegated again.

Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong, but don't teams in the SEL move around from the elite division to lesser divisions based on the performance of the team? I think this team used to be in the elite league, was relegated to the 2nd division, made it back to the elite league for a year, just to be relegated again.