Marijuana

TrentonDevils

pot.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under

• No, I dont use it. Arrest the potheads.
    • I don't use it but I think it should be decriminalized
    • I smoke pot, but it should not be legalized.
    • I smoke pot and it should be legalized.

I must say this has been a good discussion. Like I said before, I have never smoked and at this point never plan to. However, I did say I could go either way with the US legalizing it, or keeping it illegal. But the more I read about the medicinal purposes and the more I read in general, the more I think they should just legalize it. Do you guys think there will ever be a day when it is legalized?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the best that we can ever hope for in the US is some level of decriminalization like they have in Alaska. I think its been illegal for so long and the stigma so great that it would be hard for an across the board legalization.

It's been on the ballots in Nevada and Colorado and it failed both times, albeit they were close margins.

Haha anti marijuana commercials are funny.

Remember this one

Two kids in a den, taking bong rips, they find a gun in a drawer, kid gets shot the end. Hmmm, whats wrong w/ this? The kid got shot because they were stoned or because there was an unlocked gun in a desk drawer?

Another good one is where they try to say that marijuana is worse than cigarettes by saying that 1 joint equals 2 cigarettes lol, yea but I dont need a joint every half hour to curb a non-existant addiction lol.

LOL............ That reminds me of some Public Service announement SNL showed when Helen Hunt was hosting back in like 1995. She was in this school or something two stories up, so I think she then tries Marijuana or something else , i'm not sure, so anyway, and get this, after she tries it, she goes insane, so insane, that she starts screaming right after she tried it, and THEN you know what she does? She then jumps thru the window in the room or something like that.

I Just thought that was funny when that Public Service announcement was shown.

I must say this has been a good discussion. Like I said before, I have never smoked and at this point never plan to. However, I did say I could go either way with the US legalizing it, or keeping it illegal. But the more I read about the medicinal purposes and the more I read in general, the more I think they should just legalize it. Do you guys think there will ever be a day when it is legalized?
Edited by MadDog2020

I have to agree with the side about alcohol being a drug. It can mess you up pretty badly. What I find ironic though is that everywhere you look on TV during games, you have so many beer commercials and it's always the same kind of message. "If you drink this, you'll be cool, etc."

That life's one big party or orgy. Ha. I wish that were true sometimes. :lol:

But there's a lot of risk too. You got to be careful sometimes.

Is smoking weed really that much worse that it's not legal? I just am not buying it. I think some very good arguments have been made in this thread. I just hate when it gets personal. That's all I got.

Yes, I do see it eventually being legal, but not for another 30 years or so. We need to get the baby-boomers out of power and into the nursing homes before it ever happens. When my generation takes over the running of this country, I think it will be legalized.

LOL, I remember that. But it was supposed to be acid she did before jumping out the window. It was fvcking hilarious.

You're a moron because of the ignorance and lack of knowledge. Its your choice to smoke or not, but to stereotype everyone who does smoke is moronic.

You do the same thing every time you have a drink pal. Thats the whole point. Your mom and sis do the same everytime they fire up a cig.

Marijuana and Alcohol are a lot different than cocaine, heroin etc.

Dont have a reason to smoke it? Its the same fvcking reasons you drink. To have a laugh and a good time.

Yes, I do see it eventually being legal, but not for another 30 years or so. We need to get the baby-boomers out of power and into the nursing homes before it ever happens. When my generation takes over the running of this country, I think it will be legalized.

What about lancers generation following right behind you?

What about lancers generation following right behind you?

Lancer is also 17. That was the year I first smoked it lol. In fact, Id say that generation is even more open to weed than mine (Im 29). Before that year I was totally against smoking pot but the peer pressure got to me one night at a party (Sept 22, 1995 to be exact) I only remember the exact date because I went to a football game the next day and had to write a story for it for journalism class.

I would definitely say Lancer's outlook is a bit different considering age and lack of experience. Lets see if she feels the same way in 2 or 3 years. No offense on that one Lancer, but lets see how you feel about it at 20 or 21 after a few years of college and/or away from home.

It is a universal arrognace. If you don't want to inhale my smoke, get the fvck away from me. I'm sick of the whining from non-smokers.

Don't stand near the fvcking door and we won't have a problem... no one told you all to crowd near the door because you're addicted, weak and afraid of the cold and rain... that's not my problem either

but it's ok... I just load up and fart and return the stink back at you anyway :P

Haha anti marijuana commercials are funny.

I loved the one where the dude was stoned at the drive through, and mows down the lil kid down in front of him :lol:

I have to admit the arrogance of the truth commercials make me want to light up despite my massive allergy and asthma to and from them :P

I had a friend who quit smoking all together at once. We were sitting and watching some tv when the commercial came up with the dog talking to the girl about how he dosent like it when she smokes pot, my friend turns and goes "this makes me want to smoke not stop." Which caused me to lock him in a room for an hour because i promised him i wouldnt let him go out.

rofl.

I like the one with the dork with the giant mirror, he's being a buzz-kill and a total hard-on to his friend.

I would definitely say Lancer's outlook is a bit different considering age and lack of experience. Lets see if she feels the same way in 2 or 3 years. No offense on that one Lancer, but lets see how you feel about it at 20 or 21 after a few years of college and/or away from home.

Judging by some of the threads shes posted, the real world is gonna be a real gong show for her.

Edited by Deke

the best part about it, is it doesnt even say anything about the dangers of marijuana, its more against driving under the influence, which Im against in all forms

Oh I completely agree. If people want to do drugs -- go ahead, be my guest. I really don't care. The only time I will care and have something to say is if someone does drugs and then gets behind the wheel.

Do drugs -- you only harm yourself if you choose to do so. Do drugs and drive, you potentially put many people at risk for injury or death.

Don't stand near the fvcking door and we won't have a problem... no one told you all to crowd near the door because you're addicted, weak and afraid of the cold and rain... that's not my problem either

but it's ok... I just load up and fart and return the stink back at you anyway :P

I loved the one where the dude was stoned at the drive through, and mows down the lil kid down in front of him :lol:

I have to admit the arrogance of the truth commercials make me want to light up despite my massive allergy and asthma to and from them :P

:lol:

I like the one with the dork with the giant mirror, he's being a buzz-kill and a total hard-on to his friend.

Judging by some of the threads shes posted, the real world is gonna be a real gong show for her.

If you can just get your mind together

Uh-then come on across to me

Well hold hands and then well watch the sunrise

From the bottom of the sea

But first, are you experienced?

Uh-have you ever been experienced-uh?

Well, I have

(well) I know, I know, youll probably scream and cry

That your little world wont let you go

But who in your measly little world, (-uh)

Are you tryin to prove to that youre

Made out of gold and-uh, cant be sold

So-uh, are you experienced?

Have you ever been experienced? (-uh)

Well, I have

Uh, let me prove it to you, yeah

Trumpets and violins I can-uh, hear in the distance

I think theyre callin our name

Maybe now you cant hear them,

But you will, ha-ha, if you just

Take hold of my hand

Ohhh, but are you experienced?

Have you ever been experienced?

Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

-j. hendrix

People dont force anyone to smoke or drink with peer pressure, ive been to places where people have offered and i say no, its not like anyone really ever tried to make me do it. Its my decision to be straightedge but if anyone else wants to get high they can do it as long as it isnt hurting anyone else is what i think.

Driving is considered to be a luxury and not a "freedom", should we sacrifice that because it could "save the lives of my fellow man who I may or may never meet" ?

My point is, you should never surrender a freedom or "luxury" as you call it, because it *could* save lives. Would you surrender your privacy rights, if it prevented terrorist attacks, or your second amendment right, so that no one would die from firearms?

Driving IS a luxary and if I coudl sacrifice my right to drive to prevent any other traffic accidents from ever occuring you damn well better believe I would give it up and you would have to be the most selfish person on the planet to not follow suit.

However abolishing driving will cause more problems then it will create and while there is a totally unnacceptable number of deaths due to driving every year, in general the ability to move around from place to place is a huge reason for our economic expansion and growth as a society as a whole. driving cars has made far more advances then the negatives it provides where as the consumtion of alchohol and smoking marijuana contain very little tangible benefits as apposed to huge downsides of contributing to thousands of deaths per year.

Make logical comparisons next time mmk?

where as the consumtion of alchohol and smoking marijuana contain very little tangible benefits as apposed to huge downsides of contributing to thousands of deaths per year.

Make logical comparisons next time mmk?

What about the millions of jobs created by the harvesting of ingredients, brewing, distribution, and sale of alcohol?

How about the billions of tax dollars generated from the sale of alcohol, which help to fund numerous programs in the U.S. (welfare, social security, medicaid, foodstamps, ext, ext)

Those seem like tangible benefits to me :noclue:

Edited by Eltab213

What about the millions of jobs created by the harvesting of ingredients, brewing, distribution, and sale of alcohol?

How about the billions of tax dollars generated from the sale of alcohol, which help to fund numerous programs in the U.S. (welfare, social security, medicaid, foodstamps, ext, ext)

Those seem like tangible benefits to me :noclue:

The same case could be made for the legalization of marijuana. Perhaps to a much greater extent.

I dont smoke, I've never smoke and I dont plan on smoking. I cant stand pot heads. They piss me off to no extent.

Dude17's picture pretty much says it all. Lmao. My friend Dan smokes quite a bit and his reactions and responses are so slow...its quite sad.

I dont know..do people like think they are cool or something when they smoke? Because they aren't. They look like a bunch of a$$holes and most teens only smoke because they think it will make them cool and .... frankly, it doesnt.

Ps. Crack is also whack.

hey hey hey, smoke weed every day

cheech.jpg