Lou To Make His Yearly On Mike And Mad Dog

LIDevsFan1

Yeah, you were right Devils744. It was the same answers he gave last night.

When asked if he felt the Devils could win the Cup, he gave his whole speech on how every team's goal is to win it every year.

That's not exactly a vote of confidence.

If he was really confident, he would have said yes.

At least with Sather, he gave answers (some very sarcastic). It made for an entertaining interview yesterday :lol: .

I agree 744, I think if Lou told us what he was going to do, fans would flock to CAA.

Please.

Lou shouldn't tell us a damn thing he doesn't have to. Hey, I'd like to know sometimes, but that's just the way things are. Much better than organizations like Boston and Toronto that leak rumors and offers all over the place.

That's the biggest knock on them Devils744. They just aren't very media friendly.

I almost think that's why you see negative columns for NEverson.

Maybe the lack of communication irks the media. I heard similar stuff when I was employed with ESPN.

I actually like the schpiel Lou gives. I don't want a GM who goes out and makes guarantees and statements to that effect. Lou is not a rah rah type guy.

Perhaps if lou can't be a rah rah type of guy, he should hire one. Not to give guarantees and stuff, but just to be a little more accomodating.

I honestly feel his schtick would work anywhere else but New York and that anywhere else the building would be full on a nightly basis. Sports is basically a form of entertainment and there's so much competition in NY for entertainment $$$ and time that they get lost in the shuffle and never reach the masses. In NY you need more than his mantra of "build a winner and they will come." I hate to say this but if they were in Portland, Seattle or Houston where there isn't as much else to do, they would be a big deal and a source of civic pride. The Knicks, Mets and Rangers pretty much stink and they still can't get any coverage.

If you can make it here you can make it anywhere as they say, but if you can't make it here perhaps you can somewhere else.

High profile goal scorer

slick marketing campagin

publicly lambaste the Rangers to get a little fued going (like Theo Epstein calling the Yankkes the Evil Empire)

third uniforms

that's for starters