Devilish34

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodeur almost choked it away.

Don't remind me! :doh1:

But a huge win on all fronts, finally beat this fvcking team. Hopefully a turning point for Elias and the team as a whole. I know it's only the Thrashers, but coming from two down to get a needed win is a huge boost especially in a place we don't usually win. I'm actually looking forward to this postgame.

Edited by Hasan4978

Much better offensive effort tonight. 10 different Devils had points.

Zajac 3

Elias 3

Martin 3

Madden 2

Parise 2

Zubrus

Asham

Pandolfo

Gionta

Brylin

Defensively ugly game. We are lucky the Devils found a way to win this. It wasn't pretty but a win is a win and I will take it.

I agree....nothing pretty about this one but at least a few guys chipped in offensively and it is something to build on. Good to see Zajac and Elias get some goals.

I like what doc said "They had em all the way"

Did anyone else see Marty slam his stick on the ground as he walked through the tunnel into the locker room? What was he so angry about?

One of the worst games i saw marty play. I'd be pissed too. good thing he bounces back like no other

Did anyone else see Marty slam his stick on the ground as he walked through the tunnel into the locker room? What was he so angry about?

The fact that he wasn't very good tonight?

He should be upset - he had a bad game. For a goalie it shouldn't be about getting the win, it should be about playing well. It's just some good fortune that the Devils scored 6 on a night when Atlanta scored 5.

Eh it's the same way in any game thread on any board. NJDevs only seems worse than any other board because of the team's record of success. But really it doesn't matter. Message boards are like feeding the beast.

Besides this is a crucial game, I know it's only five games into the season but you go 1-4 or even 1-3-1 staring into the teeth of playing all division opponents on the road, not good.

That's what I was saying. It is not hard at all to anticipate the sudden change in emotion in the game thread, so there is no need to be too surprised by it.

The fact that he wasn't very good tonight?

He should be upset - he had a bad game. For a goalie it shouldn't be about getting the win, it should be about playing well. It's just some good fortune that the Devils scored 6 on a night when Atlanta scored 5.

Yeah, but Marty doesn't usually let that stuff get to him.