GDT: DEVILS @ FLYERS 7:00PM TV FSNY /HD NET Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said last night, we can't score 5 goals a game, and tonight we have 0. We all knew the defense was our biggest concern and they are really proving us right because they give up 4+ goals a game. Even though the offense sucked tonight, it looks much better than our D. Marty and his defense needs to step up and start giving up less goals if they want a shot at the playoffs in a few months.

It's a long season and there is time to get out of this no-defense funk. The Devils are known for defense and I won't be surprised if Lou makes defensive moves soon, if this continues.

They will be fine.

Reporter: Does the road trip have any effect on how the Devils are playing?

Sutter: IM SICK OF TALKING ABOUT THE ROAD. ALL I EVER GET IS THE ROAD, THE ROAD, THE ROAD.

Reporter: I'm sorry :(

lmfao.

If a team is at close to 25% scoring on a PP, shouldn't they have scored tonight according to your analysis? LOL, your analytics are brutal as they had 4 chances to put the puck in the net and take the philly crowd out of the game and did not do it!

We need an anchor, we don't have it and you will not admit it!

If a team is at close to 25% scoring on a PP, shouldn't they have scored tonight according to your analysis? LOL, your analytics are brutal as they had 4 chances to put the puck in the net and take the philly crowd out of the game and did not do it!

If we were talking about 82 games that'd be one thing, we're talking about 6, now 7. Can't look at stats this early in the season as an indicator of anything - well except maybe Marty's GAA and save percentage :P
Edited by ice dog

Yes, and every time I flip a coin twice I get 1 heads and 1 tails, your grasp of stats is amazing.

Except he said the PP has been bad, which clearly is not the case. I'm not saying it'll be 25% all season, it won't, but it has been so to knock the PP which has scored well is false.

LouLam, you're the one who said they should have scored because they were at 25% and got 4 chances if the PP was any good. He was responding to you being wrong, not me for pointing out how silly what you said was. I also pointed out the same false reasoning you made.

Edited by Devils731

Moving away from bashing Marty, last year on the Rangers there was a similar situation with Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist had a pretty disappointing start to the year that somewhat mirrors what Marty's going through so far. Rangers eventually said enough was enough, Weekes was given a start and responded beating Anaheim 4-3 in OT, whom at the time was undefeated and the top team in the West, then he beat the Sharks on back to back nights 3-1, then he took an OT loss 4-3 to the Sabres who happened to be the best in the league. He got 3 straight starts against 3 very good teams and pulled 5 out of a possible 6 points. Henrik came in and looked like a different goalie. Sometimes a little competition is all you need, especially for Marty. He's so used to playing every game no matter what, just imagine if he saw Weekes start 3 straight and the team did good during the stretch, he would come back in and make saves that are nobody's business.