Another reason to hate Gomez

Reverend_Hellh0und

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hear...d_jaromir_jagr/

Bets, Drugs and Jaromir Jagr

The New York Rangers star is shrugging off allegations in a new book that he was sometimes late taking the ice for the Rangers because he was busy placing US $40,000 bets in the dressing room.

The book in question, Bets, Drugs and Rock & Roll, is authored by Steve Bodin, regarded as the father of offshore gambling.

According to CanWest News Service four pages of the book are devoted to Jagr. Football is allegedly Jagr's favourite sport to bet on and it should be noted he never bets on hockey, the author writes.

When asked about his reported gambling losses, Jagr told the New York Daily News, "Probably. I was betting on the (NFL's New York) Giants back then."

Now, another valid excuse for Gomez......

I was actually thinking something along these lines, I just haven't had time to write it yet. That he's sucking because he's never had anyone be a puck hog -- anyone just expect him to do all the work on his own. He's only known cooperation and team work as a 2-way street.

Gomez's Devils line mates all took the time to play WITH him. He's never been expected to keep up with someone elses game. Team work most places means you keep up with the flashy guy. Gomez had this crazy idea HE was the flashy guy. That's the collective fault of his Devils teammates.

Yes - while it seems impossible, fact is: he's been coddled as a star on the Devils. Now he's being treated like most guys are in the league. He'll be taken off Jagr's line and find his legs again soon enough. OR -- and it IS possible - Jagr will suck it up and cooperate a little more. He's probably trying -- just doen't realize the extent of Gomer's performance anxiety.

it's a fair comment. there's only one puck - that's not enough for gomez and jagr. jagr can create offense from anywhere in the offensive zone - guys like elias and mogilny struggle coming out of the corners.

i thought gomez would do really well in a rangers uniform but he has lacked any sort of fire in any games i've seen.

Or maybe it's because all the talk of being stifled by the Devils' system or needing a full building is bullsh!t. Even when he had a 48-goal scorer on his wing and put up a career year in goals by a wide margin, he only had 84 points. From what I have seen of the Rangers this year, he is just the same ol Gomez.

This is just one more reason to hate that scumbag. He knows nothing about being a team player and I hope he continues to fall flat on his face in NY. I'm sure there will be room for him in Atlanta with his buddy Holik. :blahblah:

I know you all love to hate gomez. But seriously folks, its time to show some decency?? Would we have won those cups without him, maybe, maybe not. Honestly I think the kid has a great game. He left the devils for more money. If your current employer offered you more money I am sure you would take it and no one would call you a "Scumbag."

Stop with the childish namecalling and grow up. I mean boo him or send him a letter to his face saying that. Something tells me that none of you if you saw Scott Gomez would say anything like that.

Well here is hoping for a devils victory.

Gomez on versus, anyone hear it?

Apparently he is having chemistry problems because Jagr is so far above anyone he has ever played with in NJ.... And went on to jabber about being a Ranger.....

:giggle:

Heard the same thing. What a coward piece of sh!t.

This is just one more reason to hate that scumbag. He knows nothing about being a team player and I hope he continues to fall flat on his face in NY. I'm sure there will be room for him in Atlanta with his buddy Holik. :blahblah:

POD

I know you all love to hate gomez. But seriously folks, its time to show some decency?? Would we have won those cups without him, maybe, maybe not. Honestly I think the kid has a great game. He left the devils for more money. If your current employer offered you more money I am sure you would take it and no one would call you a "Scumbag."

Stop with the childish namecalling and grow up. I mean boo him or send him a letter to his face saying that. Something tells me that none of you if you saw Scott Gomez would say anything like that.

Why is Gomez a fighter now?

No question, i think we would have won them without him. He left to smack the devils in the face, and for the money. His heart was never with the team, it was with his wallet. He quickly left behind all the people that adored him here in NJ, so what dose that make him to you? An employee?

I'd say it to his face in hopes he takes a shot at me, then I'd get something back out of that big contract :)

No question, i think we would have won them without him. He left to smack the devils in the face, and for the money. His heart was never with the team, it was with his wallet. He quickly left behind all the people that adored him here in NJ, so what dose that make him to you? An employee?

At the end of the day gomez was an employee. Life goes on after him and will for a long time. The devils have never been about the player. Some of you may not realize this ut sports are a business before anything else. No one is going to pay to watch you do your job, or adore you as you do your job.

As for smacking the devils in the face yeah, i don't like the fact that he went to the rangers, but if he had gone to LA or edmonton would it have made that much of a difference in many of your minds. I could give a crap about the rangers and how they handle there money. What i care about is the devils and watching them succeed without gomez.

I was actually thinking something along these lines, I just haven't had time to write it yet. That he's sucking because he's never had anyone be a puck hog -- anyone just expect him to do all the work on his own. He's only known cooperation and team work as a 2-way street.

Gomez's Devils line mates all took the time to play WITH him. He's never been expected to keep up with someone elses game. Team work most places means you keep up with the flashy guy. Gomez had this crazy idea HE was the flashy guy. That's the collective fault of his Devils teammates.

Yes - while it seems impossible, fact is: he's been coddled as a star on the Devils. Now he's being treated like most guys are in the league. He'll be taken off Jagr's line and find his legs again soon enough. OR -- and it IS possible - Jagr will suck it up and cooperate a little more. He's probably trying -- just doen't realize the extent of Gomer's performance anxiety.

:wub:

At the end of the day gomez was an employee. Life goes on after him and will for a long time. The devils have never been about the player. Some of you may not realize this ut sports are a business before anything else. No one is going to pay to watch you do your job, or adore you as you do your job.

As for smacking the devils in the face yeah, i don't like the fact that he went to the rangers, but if he had gone to LA or edmonton would it have made that much of a difference in many of your minds. I could give a crap about the rangers and how they handle there money. What i care about is the devils and watching them succeed without gomez.

If he went to La or Edmonton it would be much differant. If he went there, i would simply not care about him, but the entire idea of going to a rival team just pronounces his character. He simply didnt care about the cups, fans, or organization/team mates to be able to go to a team he had heated games against for a number of years.

i thought gomez would do really well in a rangers uniform but he has lacked any sort of fire in any games i've seen.

Which is exaclty why so many Devils fans wanted to see him gone after last year. His sporatic spurts of effort (playoffs last year) and overall dearth of effort for much of the regular season.