I've gained a lot of respect for Ovechkin.

Xunolix

Ovie is a nice guy and the media likes him because of his easy-going and humour style. At this point, he is a superstar but I don't see him whine like Crosby or complain about his club. He even showed up in the draft day too. On the ice, I see him a more complete player than Crosby.

Yeah. 'Cause Crosby'd never do something like this.

http://www.childrenswish.ca/index_2007.php...07/chap/0/cat/4

Not to mention the work that he's been doing with the Timbits program promoting youth hockey or the work that he's been doing with the Mario Lemieux Cure for Cancer Foundation.

Ovechkin did a great thing. No need to bash Sid based solely on your own ignorance about what selfless acts Crosby had done. Let's concentrate on giving kudos to Alex as they are well deserved.

Yeah. 'Cause Crosby'd never do something like this.

http://www.childrenswish.ca/index_2007.php...07/chap/0/cat/4

Not to mention the work that he's been doing with the Timbits program promoting youth hockey or the work that he's been doing with the Mario Lemieux Cure for Cancer Foundation.

Ovechkin did a great thing. No need to bash Sid based solely on your own ignorance about what selfless acts Crosby had done. Let's concentrate on giving kudos to Alex as they are well deserved.

But I would like to see him in a Devils uni (AO that is not Cindy). You've got to think that he'll exit Washington as soon as he can. What are the chances that Lou is managing the cap to have the room for such a premiere player? I know, I know that is not Lou's style, but damn, he is a can't miss player.

I agree with Don; if you want to bash Crosby for his whining, please do it in a different thread. Great move by AO; I am sure that many players on many teams do things like this that never see the light of day, I think its great when a story like this leaks out. Who knows how any of us would act with a wheelbarrow of money and a legion of adoring fans; glad to see he, like many others, haven't lost touch with the fact that money and fame don't make you a rich person, its how you treat others and how they treat you that matter in the end.

I definitely think that Ovechkin did something every human being should do when confronted with those who are unfortunately afflicted with an illness- be compassionate and empathetic. Kudos to him on a human level.

But guys, before you hand the Nobel Peace Prize to AO, we must know that there are players in all sports that do acts like this day-in/day-out. This is their duty as role models and as earners of your hard-earned money, and therefore, besides it being a human thing to do, it also makes sense business wise, and thus it gets done. I hate to say it, but it's true.

I would have liked to have seen AO give her one of his hockey sticks or jerseys too...that would have been sweet.

I like Ovechkin because he just has alot of flash to his game...dont get me wrong, so does Crosby, the kid is an amazing player, but it's just different.

Ovechkin is more of a showman...Ovechkin seems like the type of player that would rather skate around the rink after scoring a goal high fiving every fan than his own teammates...he's having that much fun.

I definitely think that Ovechkin did something every human being should do when confronted with those who are unfortunately afflicted with an illness- be compassionate and empathetic. Kudos to him on a human level.

But guys, before you hand the Nobel Peace Prize to AO, we must know that there are players in all sports that do acts like this day-in/day-out. This is their duty as role models and as earners of your hard-earned money, and therefore, besides it being a human thing to do, it also makes sense business wise, and thus it gets done. I hate to say it, but it's true.

I would have liked to have seen AO give her one of his hockey sticks or jerseys too...that would have been sweet.

Edited by squishyx