what are you drinking?

ice dog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrogant Bastard Ale 7.2%

"you're not worthy"

awesome brew out of north county san diego.

Yes, that stuff is amazing. Expensive but amazing. Rogue also makes fine, fine products.

Guinness @ the airport bar in Philly while waiting for my breakfast to arive

Nectar of the gods. Ever try Smithwicks? I had it in Ireland about a decade back and I'm starting to see it on tap in bars downtown now.

Of course, Yuengling is still my staple brew.

We need a whiskey and tequila thread, though. :D

Edit, nevermind I'll just mention it here. Anyone know where to get this (see pic below) stuff in Jersey? State stores are beginning to stock it again for the winter, but they damn near ran out a few months back and I need a back up in case it happens again.

sazerac-rye-200.jpg:wub:

Also, had a double of Don Julio Anejo last night at the Mexican Restaraunt down the hill from me. Mmmm.

Edited by Senators Advocate

Nectar of the gods. Ever try Smithwicks? I had it in Ireland about a decade back and I'm starting to see it on tap in bars downtown now.

Yes it to is good I have a half case left still down stairs and just hard another Guinness in NC.

I hate flying 1st flight was delayed bc or crew was late and now the same at my connecting WTF

Carlsberg elephants later on...apparently i'm classy../..haha

Rogue *is* good stuff. My first experience with them was at the "BBQ, Blues, and Brews" event held in Reno in '06. Tapped straight from a keg they brought in from the Oregon Coast. While the bottled stuff is decent, it just doesn't compare to my first experience.

Standing Stone Brewery in Ashland, OR is fantastic stuff. Unfortunately, it appears as if their nectar is only available at the Brewery/Restaurant. Still, if I'm wrong and you can find it, by all means get some.

That is true of pretty much any beer.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye out for it.

i wish i was drinking a stoli fruit salad. love them. this place up at school used to make ones that were heavenly. some bartenders here in NJ don't know what i'm talking about.

but right now i'm drinking ginger ale. hah

Edited by LA03

Yes, that stuff is amazing. Expensive but amazing. Rogue also makes fine, fine products.

there's a liquor store down the street that has 4 or 5 different versions of arrogant bastard in the large bottles for $3.50...awesome stuff.

we may get a better deal out here since the brewery is so close...

when i was up in Chico, CA. the home of sierra nevada, the supermarkets were selling 6 packs of the sierra pale ale $4.99 standard everday price. that was a couple years back.

yes! rogue is great stuff! Dead Guy Ale...one of my favorites!

right now i'm sipping on a tecate...lol!

i am a big fan recently of Belgian strong dark ales

chimay bleu, delirium nocturnum and trois pistoles are good year round selections, while troeg's mad elf and delirium noel are pretty nice seasonal varieties

the problem i've found with a lot of stone offerings, including arrogant bastard and oaked bastard but especially in reference to ruination, is that you really can't pair any of them with food. the hops are so prevalent that you can't taste anything for quite a while after drinking any sizable quantity. so while they are good beers, i have a hard time justifying buying them over, say, 90 minute IPA or Celebration Ale or Smuttynose, which i can drink during a dinner.

as far as rogue goes, their selections are pretty hit or miss, which is understandable with any brewery that operates in the manner that they do. dead guy ale is a fantastic maibach, old crustacean is a pretty good barley wine, etc. but at the same time their chipotle ale was probably the most unpleasant beer i've ever tasted.

Edited by Nature's Minister

Biy we're all so predictable. Rye is very fashionable these days -- my brother-in-law has tons of different kinds. He's mostly a beer and single malt guy tough. But they have everything - and glassware to match.

We had Arrogant bastard with him a while back. It IS good!

We went to a wine tasting this weekend. I had no idea Chianti was supposed to taste like cheese - facinating. I had a depressing Chardonnay that was so good first sip... but then just thinned out thereafter.

But anyhow -- I'm drinking coffee now...