DEVILS FLYIN' HIGH

SC Devs Fan

Guy sitting next to me was a Flyer fan.. he was really nice and friendly.. but still managed to throw in the attendance jab about 30 seconds into conversing with me...

I almost said something back but i just let it go.

Ya in my opinion this was the least amount of flyer fans for any of the games in the past few years. Maybe they were scared of Newark. I didnt see as many as I feel I used to at the CAA games.

A ton would equal 2000 lbs worth of fans :) thats only like 15 fans.. so its possible!!

Edited by langsgirl

I was to write him again, but I have a feeling he reads these forums now and I don't really much care for a response from him. (call it a gut feeling with the subbtleness of his jabs recently)

Dear NTH,

I have to say I found nothing offensive with anything in that article. But, like the proverb says, when all you have is a hammer then all you see in the world is nails... I am sure someone could go thru Gulitti and Chere's articles and find 'backhanded' comments, but I think you read too much in. (N)Єverson isn't backhanded... he slaps the Devil fans directly in their faces.

The rest of his article and recently most of his articles have been like this. I even defended one of them last week where I found nothing backhanded in it.

Also note I found nothing wrong with his Yotes article.

Think about it, we have been 1k shy of a sellout in back to back games against a crappy west conferene team and during bad weather at football time.

You would think that one who is so stuck on the attendance so much so that we see the negative at least weekly, would once mention the positive. But no, he underestimates the Boston game, and OVER estimates the flyers fans attendence number (even if only by inference) this game as to continue on a pattern of attendance bashing as a form of lazy journaizzm....

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und

this was like an AP article. he mentions the elias 4 minute penalty, but nothing about how it was a flyer stick that did the job. the devils overcame the refs yesterday as well. i don't normally bash him as much, as the board does a great job getting on him. but again, he really is not objective.

You guys should see the number Brooks did on the Rangers in the NY Post today.

And you think (N)Єverson is bad...

Brooks was RELENTLESS with his Rangers write-up.

That to me is a fine honest write up in thier skid, he took the time to talk about the team, not rewrite the write up and throw in a ambiguous attendence jab....

Brooks is showing some passion for his team.

I don't read his stuff often as I am not a rags fan but whats he like when they are winning?

The Arena is loud. I noticed that too, I heard them, but I didn't see nearly as many as we have at CAA... Then Again when Madden scored that shorty my ears actually hurt. Loudest Arena I have been in as far as I can remember... I think its the acoustics, they really come into play I am guessing at 15.5k.... So to me the 500-1k flyers fans sounds about right.

Actually, I noticed the cheer when the Flyers scored so I looked around to see how many people were standing and there were almost none...the acoustics really are as advertised I guess.

And yeah it gets pretty loud in there for our goals :evil:

Edited by Hasan4978

Actually, I noticed the cheer when the Flyers scored so I looked around to see how many people were standing and there were almost none...the acoustics really are as advertised I guess.

I felt the same way, I mean I looked and I looked hard...... And there were so few I was shocked.

And yeah it gets pretty loud in there for our goals :evil:

I'm gonna sneak my db meter in there one game just for sh!ts and giggles....

The Flyers fans weren't there last night, I saw almost none.

This was posted in the Failyers forum:

I actually went to the game this afternoon with 2nd and Arch and ctflyersfan.

There were somewhere between 25-40% Flyers fans there. The Devils fans continuously chanted "Rangers suck! Flyers blow!" With less emphasis on the Flyers part. This really says how into the game they are.

This team has a serious problem getting guys in the slot. They rarely had any players in the slot to either screen Brodeur or get the rebounds. Brodeur is going to stop the first shot, that's a given. Get the rebounds.

They also need to stop heading toward the boards once they get into the opponents zone. They need to challenge the D and stay in the middle of the ice. That's when they become a threat.

When I took NJ Transit back to NYC Penn Station, the Devils fans who got off at Secaucus were either drunk, stupid, or both. They said it didn't matter if only 3 fans saw them win the Stanley Cup, they still won it. They're actually proud of having a small fan base.

Anyway, it is a nice arena they have there. Glad I was actually able to see the game, despite how crappy it was.

If it ain't orange, black, and white, punch, hit, and fight.