GIVE DEVILS THEIR DUE

SC Devs Fan

GIVE DEVILS THEIR DUE

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01072008/sport..._due_628111.htm

They've become something wondrous and strange in this era of signings and mercenaries. Halfway to the playoffs, these Devils also have become something dangerous. They've actually become a team, a cadre of comrades.

It may be Brent Sutter's biggest feat, or it may be the invention of necessity since they so utterly lack skating stars this season.

But it's palpable, even to obtuse eyes. They jabber, they reason, they interact to a degree rare these days. It is a surprise to see.

It must be part of the reason they've had such a successful opening half under Sutter, without Scott Gomez or Brian Rafalski, without the expected contributions from Patrik Elias or Brian Gionta, when their best skater has been John Madden, by miles.

Dawn just break (N)Єverson? This is the whole thing about the Devils!! This is also how Dynasties are made -- this is how the old islanders came about! It's that people let the team concept go - they start thinking it's this guy or that guy that made a team -- then the whole organization folds like a deck of cards.

not to be a total self-helpy here or anything but it's not unlike whatshisbaldface's principal-driven life thing - The Seven Habits of Highly Effective people

Couple things....

"Devils teams in the past have been led by some strong personalities, guys like Scott Stevens, Claude Lemieux, Doug Gilmour. Jamie Langenbrunner is an excellent choice as captain, not the bossy, dominating type. There's room for the least of them to express themselves. "

But Neverson. I thought Jamie was "no messier"? :lol:

"the The Good Ship Loulipop has docked in Newark"

Kinda geigh! :lol:

Without any evidence of intent, the league won't act against Derian Hatcher, after Devils accused the Flyer of biting Travis Zajac's finger Friday. Hatcher denied the charge, saying Zajac's gloved hand caught on his tooth.

Yea Derian, and how did Zajac's glove get into your mouth smart ass?

I'll take full credit for this, thank you very much! After his most recent attendance jab, me and ME had this little back-and-forth (yes, Rev, I fell into the same trap as you).

First email (subject line: Devils attendance)

Dude, you're obsessed. Ever think about seeking professional help?

-Bill

I'll take full credit for this, thank you very much! After his most recent attendance jab, me and ME had this little back-and-forth (yes, Rev, I fell into the same trap as you).

First email (subject line: Devils attendance)

His first reply

My next reply

He hasn't replied. Although, I will accept this article in it's stead :D

What this shows me is that the team has to be doing well for even (N)Єverson to have an article full of positive things to say. Sure, he tried a few jabs here and there, but nothing that seemed downright anti-Devils.

If the Devils continue playing like they have been at home, the next 2 months will be very kind to us.