NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend

LOTCB

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who blames this loss on Romo's vacation is an absolute moron. He's not going to learn in a playoff practice (not that he even missed a practice, I don't believe) when to throw the ball out of bounds and when not to. That's really all he did glaringly wrong. I don't know the exact rule, but I'm not even sure that should have been a penalty. T.O. was great.

It was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while. I actually thought it was going to be a blowout, one way or the other - wasn't really expecting a close game. The Cowboys kept depending on short plays, hence the extremely long drives, and even with the tired Giants defense, just couldn't seem to get a big play. Crayton is kind of my first choice for a scapegoat, but it's hard to pin the blame on one player. The Cowboys defense looked absolutely nonexistant on the first and last drives of the first half. I feel like no matter what, unless I had a guy wide open, I'm throwing the final pass of the game to T.O., if anyone was going to win the game at that point it'd be him. Props to the Giants, however if the Packers are actually on their game, which the Cowboys weren't, they're going to have a tougher time next week.

Wow suddenly there are a ton of Giant fans around here. Don't get me wrong its always fun to watch "americas team" and mr popcorn lose but geeeeeeeez. Still allot of football left to be played.

Cowboys had a great run, but maybe going on vacation during a playoff week wasn't such a smart thing to do.

There are bad fans in every fan base..

Good to see the Giants win.. My Steelers looses.. I hope so much for the Pats to loose... And I hate them. To death. I can't deny it... I hate their fans, I hate NE, I hate their team. I hate everything about them.

I fought so much with the whole spygate thing.. I root'd for opposite teams vs them.. At this point.. I finnally don't care.

If they win the Superbowl, I'll suck it up. Too bad, so sad.

Congrats to the Pats fans.. Your team will be remembered as the greatest ever, to go undefeated.

As much it hurts me to say this..

Wait. Hold on. You are telling me that in New Jersey there are a lot of Giants fans? You know water? I hear it is wet! And that thing up there, the sky, I am told it is blue!

The Cowboys are not a running team. They had a lot of success running the ball in the first half which wore them out for the second half when the Giants defense turned it up.

The legendary Tony Romo could not pick apart a Giants secondary which was basically crap on a stick after Ross went down.

Bottom line. The Cowboys...not that good, the Football Giants, not that terrible.

Romo wasn't very good and made several terrible plays. He held the ball on two plays where he got sacked for huge losses where he should've got rid of it, then took an intentional grounding on another play.

This is merely a hypothesis but I suspect the Cowboys' O-line was tired. The Giants get to substitute on defense - the Cowboys were running the same 5 guys out there every play. And the Cowboys offense was on the field a LOT. Broadcasters assume that offenses never tire, only defenses, but someone else explain to me why Osi and company were finally able to get pressure on Romo in the 4th quarter, and why Marion Barber suddenly turned into the late 90s version of Rodney Hampton.

The Giants' offense didn't play great but it didn't turn the ball over and did what it had to do to win. In fact, Tom Coughlin and his offensive playcalling did as much as possible to lose this game (punting on 4th and 1 at the opponents' 40, not throwing a pass when they got the ball back w/ 4 minutes to go until 3rd down), but the Cowboys' special teams were terrible and the Giants' were stellar.

The Cowboys also took a fair amount of bad penalties. The 15 yarder on Reeves was particularly egregious. False starts all day, in your own building, is unacceptable. Not only that, there were a fair number on Adams and Colombo that weren't called.

I guess we'll see the Cowboys at the Pro Bowl since they all got voted in (lol @ roy williams being a pro bowl safety). I'll have my popcorn ready!

Edited by Triumph

Wait. Hold on. You are telling me that in New Jersey there are a lot of Giants fans? You know water? I hear it is wet! And that thing up there, the sky, I am told it is blue!

The Cowboys are not a running team. They had a lot of success running the ball in the first half which wore them out for the second half when the Giants defense turned it up.

The legendary Tony Romo could not pick apart a Giants secondary which was basically crap on a stick after Ross went down.

Bottom line. The Cowboys...not that good, the Football Giants, not that terrible.

It was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while. I actually thought it was going to be a blowout, one way or the other - wasn't really expecting a close game. The Cowboys kept depending on short plays, hence the extremely long drives, and even with the tired Giants defense, just couldn't seem to get a big play. Crayton is kind of my first choice for a scapegoat, but it's hard to pin the blame on one player. The Cowboys defense looked absolutely nonexistant on the first and last drives of the first half. I feel like no matter what, unless I had a guy wide open, I'm throwing the final pass of the game to T.O., if anyone was going to win the game at that point it'd be him. Props to the Giants, however if the Packers are actually on their game, which the Cowboys weren't, they're going to have a tougher time next week.
Edited by LOULAM1

the giants shut down the running game in the 2nd half, they had to go to the air

julius jones is a below-average running back and marion barber, for all the talk about how 'punishing' he is, can't do that for 25-30 runs a game.

Edited by LOULAM1

TO was hurt and the Giants knew it so they could blitz at will.

Dallas O-Line was exhausted due to the fact that they took approx 9 penalties ON THEIR HOME FIELD (you failed to mention that)!

Eli was mistake free and the Giant O-line was good, not great... but gave them a chance to win.

Romo let his emotions get to him as a young QB but he will learn from that and be a solid QB for years to come.

Crayton is not a scapegoat as the Dallas O-Line should be sent to jail.

Give Toomer credit as he beat a vaunted Dallas secondary on more than one occasion.

Dallas game plan was weak as their running game was killing the Giants but instead decided to go with the passing game.

You have to run Barber and Dallas gave that part of the game away. Giants win.

julius jones is not a good running back. in fact, both jones and turner are unrestricted free agents at the end of this season i'm quite sure. see who does better next year. unless jones ends up on a team with an awesome line, it's going to be michael turner, who is about as good as ladanian tomlinson on a per-carry basis.

they abandoned the running game because it was the right thing to do. the giants were getting no pass rush in the previous 3 quarters.

TO actually defending his own QB?! He must have been on serious meds for that ankle :P

Vacation-gate wasn't a factor; Romo and the Cowboys haven't been the same since he banged his thumb against Philly, TO got hurt and Dallas tried to take a Colts approach from a few years back and not show up at all in the final month of the season.

Too bad the Pats have a bye to another SB now, as if they weren't going to win it anyway but at least the Colts always had a theoretical chance that Peyton could outscore Brady in one game.

Edited by Hasan4978