NFL Divisional Playoff Weekend

LOTCB

i don't have the breakdown, but i'm pretty sure barber was terrible on his last few runs. he ran the ball 27 times. you can't run a guy 27 times who takes that much punishment and expect him to be the same as he was on carry 1.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO actually defending his own QB?! He must have been on serious meds for that ankle :P

Vacation-gate wasn't a factor; Romo and the Cowboys haven't been the same since he banged his thumb against Philly, TO got hurt and Dallas tried to take a Colts approach from a few years back and not show up at all in the final month of the season.

Edited by jkrdevil

moving in another direction as far as looking for a new QB? I'll stick with Romo for a while, thanks. He led the team to a 13-3 record. He's admittedly not one of the top playoff QBs maybe (again, not faulting him for today's loss) but I'm still not going to throw away his future for a guy with more experience at this point.

Also: It's really not like Romo can only perform in the regular season. Let's say you want to blame BOTH playoff losses on Romo. Last year, if he doesn't botch the snap, we win. This year, if he makes better decisions on 2 or 3 plays where he should have/shouldn't have thrown the ball away, maybe we win. Last year's problem was solved - he doesn't hold the snaps anymore, and it was a fluke anyway. This year's problem? If you're going to quit on him because of that...well, I disagree. He had a fantastic regular season, especially until he hurt his hand. I am happy with Romo as the QB.

He's no Brady, he's no Favre, he's no Aikman. But that's not enough of a reason to send him away if he doesn't bring us a superbowl by his 3rd year in the league. A playoff victory would obviously be nice, but again, he didn't lose the game. The penalties and offensive line did.

Edited by metallidevils

troy aikman really wasn't very good, and tony romo might be better than aikman.

but romo hardly had a 'fantastic' year given how passing is up in the NFL - he threw a ton of picks. he's a loose cannon for sure. so like favre, he's going to win you games you shouldn't, but he's also going to blow games he should win (i.e. today).

T.O. will make no news of substance this off season.

troy aikman really wasn't very good, and tony romo might be better than aikman.

but romo hardly had a 'fantastic' year given how passing is up in the NFL - he threw a ton of picks. he's a loose cannon for sure. so like favre, he's going to win you games you shouldn't, but he's also going to blow games he should win (i.e. today).

T.O. will make no news of substance this off season.

Bottom line, Troy made the clutch plays, lotsa times, while Romo continues to choke on them.... lotsa times.

I thought the Boys would make it to play NE again, but lose to the Brady Bunch. I'm surprised the G-men were able to compete.

:puke:

Edited by MantaRay

A sad end to a pretty good yet hurt Season for the Colts. The loss of Freeney this season seriously hurt the Colts pass rush as the backups and DE Mathis couldn't put enough pressure on the Chargers to stop their...their :blink: passing attack. The back ups did a decent job in Freeney's loss this year, but that is not enough if you can't sack the QB. Bob Sanders played way too much at the line leaving the corners vulnerable, even after LT left the game. Hats off to the Chargers offensive line and to their Punter. Some really HUGE nice kicks.

Rivers taunting of the fans made me think of him being a Ryan Leaf 2.0 version. Real mature.

Harrisons return marred by a critical fumble that kills the Colts killer momentum in the first quarter. Colts scoring and going up 14-0 would likely have made for a much different game. Harrison now has seven months to heal up that leg and get back into game shape.

Mannings two picks: First was his fault to Wayne. Second to Keith was stonehands Keiths fault. The guy has either dropped or had balls bounce off his hands a couple of times this year. This time ending up in a pick at the goalline. Fact is, Colts got down there...and left with nothing too many times. Turnovers will kill ya. The rookie Ugoh at LT being beat on a 4th down...HUGE.

TE Utecht. One catch and everytime he touches the ball I swear I'm waiting to see it be knocked from his hands. So, since he didn't let it slip this time, good game by him. TE Clark nice try on a tough pass incomplete that ended the Colts season.

Wayne. Nice to see him still alive after that hit in the 4th quarter. whew....

Colts running game: Where did it go this later part of the season? Where was the stretch play in this game?

Alas, finally, the best threat to the Pats in their quest of the perfect season gets knocked out of the playoffs. Chargers have no chance leaving the only hope to fall onto the shoulders of the weaker NFC as the last best hope to stop the evil empire.

I didn't see the game, but did he really taunt the fans??? I know that he taunted a rookie QB during the season, which pissed off alot of people during the season. He sounds like an idiot, especially since he isn't able to do the job himself.

I didn't see the game, but did he really taunt the fans??? I know that he taunted a rookie QB during the season, which pissed off alot of people during the season. He sounds like an idiot, especially since he isn't able to do the job himself.