Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

No, sadly. :( It was one of those dreams that doesn't really make sense for all of it to be going on at the same time, but I dreamt that my aunt apologized to my sister and me. That I got into school. My family bought a black labrador retriever and I was sort of dating that guy (not that guy who is a flyers fan) but the other one who basically ignored me at the bar last time I saw him. weird.

you weren't dipping in the liquid cupcakes were ya??? :lol:

Got a really bad virus on my computer last night. It's one of those that keeps popping up, pretending to be an anti-spyware program. My brother had one last week. Mine called itself Spyware Protect 2009, his was something else, I forget what exactly. Thing was a pain in the ass.

I did some quick research and got Kaspersky's antivirus program because it was consistently rated the highest overall by the most sources. That cost an arm and a leg (found an internet coupon and it still cost a lot) and didn't even get rid of the problem. I just ran Malwarebytes, which got rid of the popup crap, and SUPERAntiSpyware is running right now (apparently these two programs run hand-in-hand ... what one misses the other catches). After restarting again, I'm gonna run CCleaner, which should hopefully wipe out the last traces of this damned thing.

So, overall, this has cost me about $75 and nearly 12 hours or time. And I'm not even done yet. Viruses suck.

Got a really bad virus on my computer last night. It's one of those that keeps popping up, pretending to be an anti-spyware program. My brother had one last week. Mine called itself Spyware Protect 2009, his was something else, I forget what exactly. Thing was a pain in the ass.

I did some quick research and got Kaspersky's antivirus program because it was consistently rated the highest overall by the most sources. That cost an arm and a leg (found an internet coupon and it still cost a lot) and didn't even get rid of the problem. I just ran Malwarebytes, which got rid of the popup crap, and SUPERAntiSpyware is running right now (apparently these two programs run hand-in-hand ... what one misses the other catches). After restarting again, I'm gonna run CCleaner, which should hopefully wipe out the last traces of this damned thing.

So, overall, this has cost me about $75 and nearly 12 hours or time. And I'm not even done yet. Viruses suck.

:doh1: :doh1:

that sh!t bought me a new TV... I'm glad for it but it sucks too

why the hell didn't you ask me ?? :P

Why is it that so many people get viruses?

I have NO active spyware or anti virus or firewall software running... EVER... and I have not gotten a virus on this laptop in over a year.

The only thing I do is run superanti spyware once every two weeks

I have NO active spyware or anti virus or firewall software running... EVER... and I have not gotten a virus on this laptop in over a year.

because you sir are a bad American trying to starve out hard working technical experts like myself!!!!

Because he didn't want to contribute to your "buy my *next* TV" fund. :P

I have an active anti-virus program (though it's, uh, not 100% legal :blush:) and I think it catches something maybe two or three times a year, tops. And I have Spybot and Ad-aware installed, but I can't remember the last time I ran either one.

Since the virus popped up, my one and only mission in life was getting rid of it. Didn't even think of asking anybody for assistance.

Everything seems to be running better than ever now (this also finally gave me the impetus to uninstall old programs and do some other basic housecleaning, so to speak). In your expert opinion, did I go the right route? I coulda tried deleting the files manually (you can find file lists for these viruses all over the interwebs), but I know I woulda screwed something up. But the 1-2-3 punch of Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and CCleaner seems to have done the job.

Because he didn't want to contribute to your "buy my *next* TV" fund. :P

How about because it goes to "the Devils are raping the loyal season ticket holders over" fund, which then goes back to people because I do let my friends on the board buy the damn tickets at the STH "discount" :P

Since the virus popped up, my one and only mission in life was getting rid of it. Didn't even think of asking anybody for assistance.

Everything seems to be running better than ever now (this also finally gave me the impetus to uninstall old programs and do some other basic housecleaning, so to speak). In your expert opinion, did I go the right route? I coulda tried deleting the files manually (you can find file lists for these viruses all over the interwebs), but I know I woulda screwed something up. But the 1-2-3 punch of Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and CCleaner seems to have done the job.

You should put AVG on it too... it's the best free anti-virus out there and better then alotta the PAID ones

He clearly said illegal. Unless the English language is difficult for you I don't know why you would even ask that question.

Hey, you're the one inferring that you were breaking some state's rules by carrying ice cream in your pockets. I will not be reprimanded by a man with potentially illegal creamy pants!

you weren't dipping in the liquid cupcakes were ya??? :lol:

Haha... no no. I don't know why I had that crazy dream. I should have realized immediately upon waking up that all of that did not happen, but it definitely took me a minute to realize that I was dreaming.

Tomorrow I'm going bowling with my friend, her coworkers, and flyers boy. (As of right now it's happening at least). I'm brining two friends - John and Rob - they just think we're going bowling because it's "fun". (I really don't like bowling to be honest with you.) I don't know why but I'm having a hard time getting excited for this.

Haha... no no. I don't know why I had that crazy dream. I should have realized immediately upon waking up that all of that did not happen, but it definitely took me a minute to realize that I was dreaming.

Tomorrow I'm going bowling with my friend, her coworkers, and flyers boy. (As of right now it's happening at least). I'm brining two friends - John and Rob - they just think we're going bowling because it's "fun". (I really don't like bowling to be honest with you.) I don't know why but I'm having a hard time getting excited for this.

well:

1. you ain't into the guy

2. you hate bowling

you're forcing yourself into this and that NEVER works

I'd rather Wii bowl. And pfft I wouldn't be excited either for a Flyers fan.

That isn't too hard to figure out. You didn't want a group date to begin with but your friend cajoled you into it. And you said you don't like bowling.

Might as well make the most of it though, what have you got to lose? If you don't like the guy you can needle him about the Devils winning the division at least :evil:

I don't

i wanted to know if I should admire the douche-ness B )

You're going to admire the fact that you're a poor house host?! That's fvcked up. lol