Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

You know what I hate? Listening to music through one earphone.

When I'm at work, I need to keep one ear open to hear if the phone rings, co-workers shout my name, fire alarms and general emegencies...you know...avoid being zoned out. To accomplish this and keep my sanity, I shuffle my iPod with one earphone in. Problem with this, I miss half the music! I know some people can do this with no problem, but it's arrgravating to say the least.

Now you may ask, why don't I just put both earphones in and listen to it on a low volume. Well, listening to music low stinks just as bad as having one earphone! You lose so much detail when you have the music on low, that it makes amost not worth listening.

Just thought I would share...

I always have my iPod on random on the speakers on my desk. Since XM wanted to be douchebags and make me pay for internet service I had to seek alternatives. I put my iPod on so this way my co-workers don't put on some sh!tty radio station with the same 10 songs. And if anyone has something to say, I tell them to fcuk themselves because I'd like to have some sort of happiness if I'm stuck here with miserable people all day.

Oh and some patient just gave me grief because I asked him for his co-pay and he goes "And like any other type of relationship, there's your typical female asking or wanting money." So I turned around and was like... pfft no such, which is why I am sitting at this desk making my own money good sir. And he goes, "And do you have a ring? So then no, your relationship is not complete so you're alright with not asking for money... yet." The doctor just laughed and she walked away. Weirdos....

How the fvck do I write 18 pages on the history of graffiti and how it shaped american culture? I was the stupid one who picked this for my topic, it sounded cool before I realized the severe lack of info...

Couple DVDs for you to check out. I know it's tough to pull quotes and reference movies, but you should be able to put the information you glean from them in your own words. Check out "Style Wars," a PBS doc that covers graf in NYC during the 1970's & 80's, and "Bomb It!" which gives a pretty comprehensive look at the history of graf and hops around the globe to compare and contrast different styles and views of street art. Both are available through Netflix. Hope this helps you eke out 18 pages. :D

I always have my iPod on random on the speakers on my desk. Since XM wanted to be douchebags and make me pay for internet service I had to seek alternatives. I put my iPod on so this way my co-workers don't put on some sh!tty radio station with the same 10 songs. And if anyone has something to say, I tell them to fcuk themselves because I'd like to have some sort of happiness if I'm stuck here with miserable people all day.

Try Pandora.com. Awesome site for listening to music at your desk. Just type in the names of a few bands you like and Pandora plays them and other bands like them. Use the "like" and "don't like" buttons and you get more of what you like and none of what you dislike. Very cool site.

Try Pandora.com. Awesome site for listening to music at your desk. Just type in the names of a few bands you like and Pandora plays them and other bands like them. Use the "like" and "don't like" buttons and you get more of what you like and none of what you dislike. Very cool site.

No radio for me. Company firewall blocks all streaming music and video.

I would have my Sirius XM on all the time with headphones if I could.

I'm guessing the problem is more with your router than the Wii. One problem might be that your router is set to WAP protection, not WEP. As far as I know, the Wii only works with WEP security or none at all.

Also, is your Wii finding the router at all and if not, can your laptop find it? If nothing ca nfind your router, you may have a channel problem as well.

Feel free to PM me if this convo isn't "Random" enough :-D

The Wii is finding the connection, but when I enter the key and it goes to test it, it's unable to find the access point (not a whole lot of that made sense to me, I'm just repeating what I'm seeing). My laptop can find it.

I have no idea what WAP/WEP protection/security is, or what I have to do to change from one to another. I'm reasonably certain the router is on WEP (at least according to the sheet the tech guy who installed it left, anyways).

:dance::yea: Bouncing Souls just announced shows in August at Webster Hall with Lifetime. OMG... I love Webster Hall especially when the floor turns into one huge trampoline!

the floor turns into a trampoline?!?!? does that only happen during concerts cuz i used to go to that club all the time and i never saw that!!! that is effin awesome!!!!!!!!

The Wii is finding the connection, but when I enter the key and it goes to test it, it's unable to find the access point (not a whole lot of that made sense to me, I'm just repeating what I'm seeing). My laptop can find it.

I have no idea what WAP/WEP protection/security is, or what I have to do to change from one to another. I'm reasonably certain the router is on WEP (at least according to the sheet the tech guy who installed it left, anyways).

If you've never done that then enter 198.168.1.1 into your browser and then admin/admin for username/password.

What type of router? (brand/model)

the floor turns into a trampoline?!?!? does that only happen during concerts cuz i used to go to that club all the time and i never saw that!!! that is effin awesome!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what goes on, but being that the concert hall is on the second floor of the place I would assume something happens. I don't know. During World/Inferno Friendship Society 2 years ago I was in the pit/crowd, my feet didn't see the floor for the first 15 minutes of the set. It was great! :D

Umm soo I friend requested Jonathan Toews on facebook. He has not accepted. :( Booooo to him.

I had to take all of the clothes out of my closet because my cheap plastic hangers were causing these weird shiny white marks on my clothes. I am a bit of an organized neat freak and it is driving me crazy to have my clothes all over my floor until I can get out to buy new hangers/reorganize my clothes.

I've had so much sugar/junk in the past three days in celebration of my birthday. Unhealthy, yes, but cold stone ice cream cupcakes are delicious. 24 sounds so old. I guess I'm actually in my mid-20s now. Blaaaaaah. (I know. I know. It's not that old, but I was calling this birthday the 3rd anniversary of my 21st. hee.)

Umm soo I friend requested Jonathan Toews on facebook. He has not accepted. :( Booooo to him.

I had to take all of the clothes out of my closet because my cheap plastic hangers were causing these weird shiny white marks on my clothes. I am a bit of an organized neat freak and it is driving me crazy to have my clothes all over my floor until I can get out to buy new hangers/reorganize my clothes.

I've had so much sugar/junk in the past three days in celebration of my birthday. Unhealthy, yes, but cold stone ice cream cupcakes are delicious. 24 sounds so old. I guess I'm actually in my mid-20s now. Blaaaaaah. (I know. I know. It's not that old, but I was calling this birthday the 3rd anniversary of my 21st. hee.)

Boo to him.

I have clothes as well all over because I destroyed the white pressboard closet I had because it fell apart anyway. It sucks.

OMG COLDSTONE CUPCAKES..... sooooo so so so sooooo good.

My friend is obsessed with Andy Greene. She friend requested him once, he did not accept. Now his profile is no longer visable.

For normal people, that would be a hint. For her...she instead found his cousin, who DID accept her friend request.

Crazy kids these days.

If you've never done that then enter 198.168.1.1 into your browser and then admin/admin for username/password.

What type of router? (brand/model)

DLink, DI-524. I called their tech support but aparently they don't do tech support for this model anymore unless I pay $33 for it. Nuts to that.

Problem is, I have now fvcked up my laptop's ability to connect to this router. I looked at the Nintendo troubleshooting page and aparently this router is only semi-compatable with the Wii (I need to change some of the settings or osmething - again, I know sh!t one about this kinda stuff) - so I tried it and now my security information on my laptop doesn't match the router's or something, but when I punch in the info I have for the router's security info, it still won't connect. So I'm currently on my parents sh!tty PC. And the guy who did the wireless setup for me hasn't answered any of my phone calls.

At this point, I don't even care about getting the Wii hooked up to it anymore, but I NEED my laptop to be able to connect wirelessly, I start an online class on Monday.

I shouldn't have done anything in the first place. Sigh. I'm computer retarded. :(

OMG COLDSTONE CUPCAKES..... sooooo so so so sooooo good.

COLDSTONE CUPCAKES?!?!

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!?!

Oh mannnnn I know where I'm goin' this weekend.

Edited by thelastonealive

Ummm, I don't think it's the shows that make New Jerseyans look trashy. :P;)

Hey hey heyyyy :angry:

For normal people, that would be a hint. For her...she instead found his cousin, who DID accept her friend request.

haha! That's persistence.

No worries though I'm not about to go friend every Toews on fb to become BFF with him.

Probably thinks you're a creep. :P How do you know it's really him anyway?

Whoa, for a second I thought you said you had to take off all your clothes for him to accept you!

You're not in your mid-20s until you're 25 so you have one more year of being in your early twenties!