Official New Jersey Devils FACT or FICTION Thread

Cracker5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure fiction. If anything, Marty may want another year or two when the deal is done.

FoF:

Patrik Elias will retire as a Devil.

PS ... thank you Dadds for reviving this thread.

Fact, I honestly think this team can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series, but everything has to be perfect at the right time. If Zach's stick is hot, Marty's on his game Whitey starts playing better, Oduya plays like some of us know he can, and Langs really steps up as a voicable captain, this team CAN win the Cup. I don't know if they will, because again, everything needs to be absolutely perfect..

FoF?

Lou will go get a guy at the trade-deadline that a lot of us will bash him for, but then whoever he gets plays better and truley helps this team.

FoF: Kevin Weekes will be the all-star goalie for the East next year.

Fiction.

As much as I love Weekes, he is nothing more than a solid, career backup.

Fact or Fiction?

Colin White will score his next goal in less than 126 games.

Edited by Cracker5

Fiction.

As much as I love Weekes, he is nothing more than a solid, career backup.

Fact or Fiction?

Colin White will score his next goal in less than 126 games.

Fact. It will happen before this season is even over.

Fact or fiction: The Devils will bolster their offense before the deadline.

Fact, but it depends on your definition of "bolster." In Lou's terminology, a guy like Pascal Rheaume bolsters an offense by providing depth, and going by Lou's history, I can see such a move happening. A Sundin or Havlat kind of move, however, is never going to happen.

FoF:

Johnny Mac could totally whoop the crap out of John Tortorella in a fight.

PS. Just noticed I'm a Senior Devil now! Bow down before my awesomeness!

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Fact, but it depends on your definition of "bolster." In Lou's terminology, a guy like Pascal Rheaume bolsters an offense by providing depth, and going by Lou's history, I can see such a move happening. A Sundin or Havlat kind of move, however, is never going to happen.

FoF:

Johnny Mac could totally whoop the crap out of John Tortorella in a fight.

PS. Just noticed I'm a Senior Devil now! Bow down before my awesomeness!

Edited by nmigliore

FoF: Kevin Weekes will be a NJ Devil after this season.

Fact.

Weekes has a knack for being on different teams. He's kind of the Kenny Lofton of the NHL.

However, I think he'll be back in a Devils sweater next year. If not, I believe that's extremely unfair because he hasn't been given a chance--at least not yet. 4 starts isn't exactly a chance, don't you agree?

FoF?

David Clarkson will someday break Dave "The Hammer" Schultz's record of most PIM in single season--472.

FoF?

David Clarkson will someday break Dave "The Hammer" Schultz's record of most PIM in single season--472.

Fiction. if anything Caricillo will break that record. And Schultz had about 47 Fighting Majors that year.

FoF?

Cam Janssen will play at least one game this year by February 16

Edited by Verran12

FoF?

Cam Janssen will play at least one game this year by February 16

I say Fact.

He made the trip up with the team to Buffalo, but isn't expected to play against the Sabres. Since he made his first road trip with the Devils this season, that has to be a good sign.

FoF?

The Devils will win the Atlantic this year.

I say Fact.

He made the trip up with the team to Buffalo, but isn't expected to play against the Sabres. Since he made his first road trip with the Devils this season, that has to be a good sign.

FoF?

The Devils will win the Atlantic this year.

Fact, though I almost prefer we didn't. I know our playoff record against Carolina, but they (or Atlanta, or Washington) are going to be by far the weakest division-winning team in a long time. I envy the team that gets the number 6 seed, which right now looks like it might be the third place Atlantic team.

Fact or Fiction: either Andy Greene or Sheldon Brookbank end the season with another team.

Fact, though I almost prefer we didn't. I know our playoff record against Carolina, but they (or Atlanta, or Washington) are going to be by far the weakest division-winning team in a long time. I envy the team that gets the number 6 seed, which right now looks like it might be the third place Atlantic team.

Fact or Fiction: either Andy Greene or Sheldon Brookbank end the season with another team.

Fact...easily.

FoF?

Brent Sutter is the angriest looking coach in the NHL.

Fiction: I give that honor to Tortorella, who is both angry and a bum.

Fact or Fiction: There will be a changing of the guard by the end of next season, resulting in Brent Sutter becoming the new GM of the Devils.

False. Lou will stay as GM atleast until Marty's career is over, as Marty has stated that was one of the conditions of his extension. Sutter, how ever, is being groomed as his heir apparent, IMO.

FoF: Johnny Oduya will have a very good year next season, since he seems to have been building confidence all year.