Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

Here's the Edison Place side of the building adjacent to the entry plaza.

IMG_4021.jpg

Here's the entry plaza side.

IMG_4019.jpg

Here is a zoomed out view from a similar perspective.

IMG_3987.jpg

And here are the two buildings along Edison Place just so you can get an idea of where they are in correlation to Brick City and the arena.

The entry plaza comes first, then the two buildings that are going to be renovated then Brick City. This is taken from outside the PNC Tower.

IMG_4052.jpg

Let's Go Devils!

Great, great stuff TR07! Where do you find those artists' depictions of what the revnovations will look like?

I found them on Wired New York Forum where "scrollhectic" originally posted them. Where he got them. I don't know.

Edit: I just joined Wired New York to ask that question.

Edited by The Rock 07

I found them on Wired New York Forum where "scrollhectic" originally posted them. Where he got them. I don't know.

Ah OK. I was wondering if it was an architectural firm's website or some site on the revitalization going on in Newark.

That's probably where they go them from as there is a architect or developers logo on them.

Just googled it and the architect does not have a website and I don't see a developer's name on there. So it remains a mystery...

I said "or" as I didnt know but I see now that it says "architects" under the name. Is it Cornito Associates?

Yep. They're the architects. Quick search and all I can find is that they are based out of Newark.

I can't be bothered.

Besides, there are probably more useless people who have access to that email account.

Yeah, and if useless people get the email about how useless the website is, then the email itself would end up being pretty useless.

:lol::horse::lol:

Yeah, and if useless people get the email about how useless the website is, then the email itself would end up being pretty useless.

:lol::horse::lol:

Yes, and I certainly wouldn't want to be sending useless emails! I mean I post enough uselessness here, no need to expand! :P

FINALLY!!!!!!! Plans are HERE to renovate the two other buildings on Edison Place!!!!! :dance:

RockPlaza.jpg

41edison.jpg

The first one is the building directly across from the box office next to the entry plaza. By this rendering, it looks like they are going to reface the side facing the entry plaza to mimic the Edison Place side. Then the second image, is going to be the building next to Brick City Bar and Grill and the building directly behind it on Market Street.

Let's just hope that this starts soon!

I'll get more info up soon!

Let's Go Devils!

Nice images, guy. Keep 'em coming.

Great time at the SHU game yesterday. The place was packed and a really good atmosphere, one of the best I've seen. The Rock is equally as good for b-ball as it is for hockey. The Nets really would do great there. I made this sign and propped it up against a seat in the box.

IMG_4238.jpg

It says "Hey Nets... wouldn't this make a great place to call home" A friend of mine and myself held up the sign outside the PNC Tower to get a picture taken and while we were holding it, a guy driving by honked his horn! We also had the names on the back of our old Nets jerseys taped over with "Newark" written on them.

IMG_3693.jpg

The Nets were so happy to have the Izod Center to themselves. They hated the Devils over there. I highly doubt they will move into a Devils owned building!

Perhaps.. or maybe just more feasible for transportation purposes for fans from NYC to these games. The Nets want their own building. As the Devils did. But they'd be stupid not to at least entertain the notion should their site in Brooklyn fail... where else would they go then?

I think that once the Nets see the crowd they can draw by playing in Newark they will get more serious about switching. It would be great for the Nets and the city of Newark, but I do selfishly enjoy the Rock being all about the Devils :evil: still, I support the Nets move to Newark

I think that once the Nets see the crowd they can draw by playing in Newark they will get more serious about switching. It would be great for the Nets and the city of Newark, but I do selfishly enjoy the Rock being all about the Devils :evil: still, I support the Nets move to Newark

Just looked and BOTH games are on weeknights :evilcry:

They probably did that on purpose so they can say that the attendance wasn't too good :saddevil: