Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

That's a promising article.

40+ Stories? Thats pretty impressive for a city whose tallest building has kept the record at 34 stories for over three quarters of a century. Thats skyline changing stuff. The Military Park area has always been ripe for development in my opinion (at least since the NJPAC was built). Ground level retail is always good and bringing people in to live downtown is exactly what the doctor--urban planner ordered. This will also help out the Halsey Village businesses as they are only two blocks away and represent the most pedestrian friendly shopping district for the new tower. The additional parking helps too, although that area has no dearth of places to put your car.

Here's a link to that Newark blog someone else posted a while ago. The site is now live, and they reviewed JT's BBQ.

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=261

From the article: "I don't see a lot of arena goers making that trek, unless they happen to park in the lot across the street that bills itself as the Green Zone, Lot 7 & 8."

I've never been over in that area. Has anyone ever parked in lots 7 or 8? And does anyone know how much it costs to park there?

Edited by 95Crash

I've never been over in that area. Has anyone ever parked in lots 7 or 8? And does anyone know how much it costs to park there?

I park in those lots, if you're driving from south of the arena I think those are the primo lots due to ease of leaving. Most games they aren't totally full and I think they charge 15 to park there.

I saw JT's BBQ a day or two before I started seeing it come up a bunch online, I think I'm going to check it out.

Here you go ND5... With the NJPAC tower, SHU dorms, the Tucker tower and the Shaq tower.

35b0083a.jpg

Me likey. It definitely adds another dimension to the skyline (especially in that it kinda blocks out the view of the Colon-ades--Mies Van De Roh's awful looking monstrocities just north of 280). Now all we need is to start spreading the love southward toward the Lincoln Park area.

Well the good news had to be balanced by the bad and then some: shooting at the Robert Treat Hotel and IDT slumping to the point where they're vacating their headquarters building and moving into smaller digs elsewhere. The pendulum swings left, the pendulum swings right. On and on we go on the great see-saw of life.

40+ Stories? Thats pretty impressive for a city whose tallest building has kept the record at 34 stories for over three quarters of a century. Thats skyline changing stuff. The Military Park area has always been ripe for development in my opinion (at least since the NJPAC was built). Ground level retail is always good and bringing people in to live downtown is exactly what the doctor--urban planner ordered. This will also help out the Halsey Village businesses as they are only two blocks away and represent the most pedestrian friendly shopping district for the new tower. The additional parking helps too, although that area has no dearth of places to put your car.

Yup. Great news. Hopefully the financing can be finalized soon

Was checking out that blog with the JT's review in it and saw this:

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=226

Misavi has to be one of the better contemporary restaurant designs in Newark. However the one feature that especially stood out was not the two way mirror, which allowed the gentlemen patrons to oversee the crowd as they visited the urinal

That's a funny idea.

I park in those lots, if you're driving from south of the arena I think those are the primo lots due to ease of leaving. Most games they aren't totally full and I think they charge 15 to park there.

I saw JT's BBQ a day or two before I started seeing it come up a bunch online, I think I'm going to check it out.

DEFINITELY worth your time to check out JT's. I'm not partial to going so far out of my way, but it was good.

DEFINITELY worth your time to check out JT's. I'm not partial to going so far out of my way, but it was good.

I park in one of the lots like a block away so it'll be an easy trip to it. I'll get back to everyone with my impressions. I think I'm looking at the beef brisket po' boy for tonight.

I park in one of the lots like a block away so it'll be an easy trip to it. I'll get back to everyone with my impressions. I think I'm looking at the beef brisket po' boy for tonight.

Good choice.

Here's an article on the statue that is going to be put in the entry plaza. After reading this article, I think that they should name the statue "Slapshot" since he is about to take a slapshot. It is set to be put in the entry plaza by the end of March.

Statue

They need to hurry and finish that plaza because now it looks pretty weak. Put real bricks down and some trees!

For what it's worth, I saw a JT's stand in the Goal Bar tonight. Didn't get anything from there, but still it's the first time I can remember seeing the stand even being set up there.

I had JT's at Taste of Newark upstairs last night. Yummy.

FINALLY!!!!!!! Plans are HERE to renovate the two other buildings on Edison Place!!!!! :dance:

RockPlaza.jpg

41edison.jpg

The first one is the building directly across from the box office next to the entry plaza. By this rendering, it looks like they are going to reface the side facing the entry plaza to mimic the Edison Place side. Then the second image, is going to be the building next to Brick City Bar and Grill and the building directly behind it on Market Street.

Let's just hope that this starts soon!

I'll get more info up soon!

Let's Go Devils!

Edited by The Rock 07

Here's what the Edison Place side of the building next to Brick City Bar and Grill looks like now.

IMG_4033.jpg

Here's the Market Street side.

IMG_3817.jpg

And here is the Wired New York forum where I got the plans from. I don't know how to link PDF downloads so if you click on the links, you will see more details on the plans.

Wired New York