Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

Their website looks good. Why did they get rid of the brick red, though? I liked that. I think that they should become a double A or triple A affiliate to the Yankees. That way, they'd have more attention, more people would come because they would get to see players who have a better shot at the big leagues, and it would be a nice gesture towards Newark's past baseball history. They have the blue and pinstripes down, so maybe they're heading in that direction...

I can't see it. The Yankees have cushy deals with Trenton (AA) and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (AAA) and those teams are already nice and close. The Newark stadium is too small to be a AAA stadium anyway. The Newark stadium only holds around 6k while the Yankees current AAA stadium holds around 11k. The Yankees also do really well in Trenton and they just extended their contract with the Thunder until 2014 this last off season.

I know Charleston (the Yankees A affiliate) is trying to lure a AA team down there. If they are successful I could maybe see the A team going to Newark but even then I am not sure well that would work. It is a pretty small catchment area with all of the other baseball teams around.

The latest at Glocally:

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=1503

If only Marty and Co. can find their game again, so we can enjoy this when it really starts to get warm...

Also, no pics, but it looks like hey are getting ready to pave over the rubble between Edison and Market St. to form a nice flat lot. Saw a bunch of bulldozers and construction workers the past few days over there. Maybe the Silver Surfer statue won't be far behind.

The latest at Glocally:

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=1503

If only Marty and Co. can find their game again, so we can enjoy this when it really starts to get warm...

Also, no pics, but it looks like hey are getting ready to pave over the rubble between Edison and Market St. to form a nice flat lot. Saw a bunch of bulldozers and construction workers the past few days over there. Maybe the Silver Surfer statue won't be far behind.

The nice thing about Newark is the mix of the culture. Mostly hispanic but different then NYC when they open a ethinic Restaurant they owners, usually tends to put a let just say " A NYC style to the food" the ethinic restaurant in NWK. stood for their roots.

Sugestion for the next review since i'm Brazilain I only know Brazilina places.

Hamburg

The nice thing about Newark is the mix of the culture. Mostly hispanic but different then NYC when they open a ethinic Restaurant they owners, usually tends to put a let just say " A NYC style to the food" the ethinic restaurant in NWK. stood for their roots.

Sugestion for the next review since i'm Brazilain I only know Brazilina places.

Hamburg

Let The Games Begin

BY ERIC C. PETERSON

What still needs to happen? Ritchie is very interested in seeing some of the surface lots surrounding the arena be developed into complementary mixed uses. One item on the wish list is more retail besides restaurants and bars, perhaps soft goods and sports-themed stores. Another item is more residential.

The Rock got a little greener over the weekend...

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=1512

Alright! Finally seeing some progress over there.

Quade- Here is a link that shows the plan of what they're going to do to the entry plaza:

Rock Entry Plaza

Snapped a pair of photos of the new Ironbound Trolleys before yesterday's game. I asked one of the drivers when they would start making the rounds, and he said either 5 or 5:30. I wish they would start a little earlier ... give you more time to eat, drink, explore, etc.

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00648-1.jpg

AND THE TROLLEY MAP IS UP...VERY PSYCHED BECAUSE IT STOPS AT THE RESTAURANT BY MY HOUSE...YAY ME AND FERNANDEZ STEAK HOUSE!!!

WWW.NEWARKTROLLEY.COM

I will DEFINITELY be taking the trolley to Fernandes. How far is that stop from the restaurant? I'm also all for this thing starting a little earlier. Two hours might not be enough time for that place.