Devils Eyeing Rob Blake?

puckrock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN did a piece on Blake where Blake said he wouldn't mind "pulling a Bourque" and going to another team to make a run at the Cup but then quickly hinted that he wanted to play the end of his career with the Kings.

I remember pre-injury Boyle as a great offensive threat - I'm not sure about hi now.

We don't want Holik. I watch the Thrashers and trust me Holik is done. He is old and slow and whatever offensive talents he may have once had are gone. If we needed a big physical center where offense would be a bonus then maybe. But we need a real offensive center and Holik is not that. If we could get Forsberg I would do it.

With our pop gun offense you cannot overstate how important good d is. One Oduya Special can and way too foten is the difference. Upgrading the defense should certainly be explored.

I watch the Thrashers and Holik is far from done. He's often along with Kovalchuk, Hossa their best player on the ice consistently. You don't think we need a physical center? Who currently does that job?.....And how we doin' on faceoffs to while we're at it?

As for his offense, he's got 10 goals and 12 assists...that's slightly below where Madden's at and more goals than Zubrus, Brylin, Clarkson, etc. He plays with great linemates too..ya know, like Eric Perrin or Boulton. Put him with Clarkson or Zubrus...you gut Crash Line #2 on the fourth line. He's better than Rupp, Asham and Brylin at this point. He'd be an upgrade on the fourth line, maybe even give Madden a chance to get some offense, while not being matched up every single shift.

I have liked what Johhny O has done latly, he is really breaking out and is helping out on the PP while being careful, possibly too conservative on D. Hes not making mistakes and hes playing well. I dont think our D is as bad as it is seen.

A center is really what the team needs, i doubt Forsberg is even healthy enough to finish this season. Id pass on him, id go after a someone through a trade if the price is right, which will be extremely difficult to find.