Rangers Suck Chant Overkill

mitch2000

I attended the Thrashers game last night, and there must have been 40 Rangers sucks chants. Didn't anyone ever teach them, the first 5 times it's funny, but after that....

I wouldn't mine if it was down once at the beginning of the game as tradition, and then changed to the 'team of the night' sucks, but every 5 minutes...

We haven't beaten them all season, aren't we giving them too much credit with that chant.

Just my opinion, but we need something else to get the crowd into it.

:soap:

If I were a Rangers fan I would probably laugh every time I heard it. I mean the Devils have been the better of the two teams for a long time, and yet the fans feel so insecure that they still need to bring the Rangers up multiple times per game almost as though they need to reassure themselves that the Rangers do indeed suck. Here is a team they are not even playing but they still need to bring them up, pretty pathetic actually.

And if Rangers fans are 'laughing every time [they] hear it', why do they continuously scream 'Potvin sucks!" at games?

Agreed. It seems a lot of people don't like "Rangers Suck" because they're afraid it's embarassing to do in front of Rangers fans. 1) Who cares what they think? 2) At least the Rangers are still in the NHL. Potvin retired years ago, went into the Hall of Fame, and the dude he hit was a nobody. "Rangers Suck" is a million times more relevant than that stupid chant, which has got to be the most bitter, pathetic tradition of any NHL team's fans. 3) For the people embarassed because we "stole" their Potvin Sucks to make our Rangers Suck chant, wake up. The Rangers' fans weren't the first group to ever do a "insert name here Sucks" chant to that tune. Next thing you know, Let's Go Devils is unoriginal because they were doing Let's Go Rangers first.