GDT: NEW JERSEY @ Washington Capitals- 2/24/08 3 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God I hate Brashear, cheap punches to the back of Brookbanks head. Somebody needs to Bertuzzi him and put him on a stretch. Cheap dirty fighter his entire career.

Agreed. Punching to the back of the head is not allowed in boxing or even the UFC, why should it be tolerated in hockey? Would have liked to see Clarkson or Jannsen (sigh) brawl, though.

seeing these backups play against us makes me believe teams still don't think too much of our offense.

I think it has more to do with the fact we are playing back to back games...

We are playing some lackluster offense so far...

And Oduya loses his stick...sigh

Wow, Brodeur is carrying us on his back so far. We would be losing by 2 right now if Weekes was in net.

Edited by Biggie B

God I hate Brashear, cheap punches to the back of Brookbanks head. Somebody needs to Bertuzzi him and put him on a stretch. Cheap dirty fighter his entire career.

Part of the reason why Brookbank got so many punches at him has to do more with him not holding Brashers arms, he held him in a weird way, he gave Donald full room to maneuver. Dont get me wrong, those punches were cheap but Brookbank should have defended himself alittle better.

Part of the reason why Brookbank got so many punches at him has to do more with him not holding Brashers arms, he held him in a weird way, he gave Donald full room to maneuver. Dont get me wrong, those punches were cheap but Brookbank should have defended himself alittle better.

With a quick knee to Brashear's ball bag....pardon my french.

Prediction: Sutter will be yelling during intermission

Another Prediction: If this game keeps going at this rate, Brodeur will be resting next game

Edited by Biggie B

Really no way to defend Donald for that fight. He's a stupid goon. Somebody should cross check the fvcker in his mouth if he wants to fight like that. He threw at least 10 punches to the back of Brookbank's head.

Actually I really don't care for the way the entire Caps team plays. They seem to do a lot of running around. The Defense has gotta step up and do a better job of protecting Marty. The caps have been running wild out there crashing the net every chance they get. Kind of wish VV was plaing tonight.

Edited by SickMan

I think it has more to do with the fact we are playing back to back games...

So are the Caps and they played six hours later than us actually.

Obviously the Caps are the more desperate team and the Devils are having a post-Islander letdown, this doesn't surprise me although Brodeur's still giving the team a chance to win somehow. I was cringing when I heard the postgame crew say yesterday how it would be an advantage for the Devils to not have any pressure on them while other teams they're playing have a lot on the line, not true - if anything it's the other way around, it's harder to give effort when you have a cushion.

He probably will considering who he hit. Hopefully he doesn't get too much since it was just an accident.

I'm considering buying a Team Russia Ovechkin Jersey, does that make me a bad person?

P.S. Brodeur just made a couple more splendid saves

Edited by Biggie B