GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. New Jersey Devils 7pm

Devil Fan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: Oh well I'll take it, it's justice after all those weak penalty calls for the Leafs in the third (the one on Sundin was only a makeup because even the refs realized how ridiculous the Pando penalty was). Not pretty but a gutty win by the team on a back-to-back on the road.

This offense is starting to scare me though, being lucky to get two goals a game against lousy defenses like Tampa and Toronto won't cut it from here in.

And somewhat off the big picture, nice to see the Devils finally get that taking a penalty in the last five seconds isn't a bad idea.

Edited by devils26

The only thing this team is lacking is some offensive creativity and some good hands. The line of Elias, Parise and Langs gets their fair share of opportunities but there is a big drop off after that. I'm not saying the other lines are bad it's just they don't finish on a consistent basis. The team is creating chances but the lack of finish is why they score so little. Still though it does make for some exciting games playing on the edge the way that they do.

Marty has got to win the Hart this year. It will be a damn shame if he doesn't.

This was a great game! What nice game by Marty and the defense. I think Rachunek is fitting in nicely...

On a side note, I was watching the CBC feed (no Doc tonight, so CBC is better), and Don Cherry (big time homer) was complaining that NEITHER goal should have counted. The second goal could have went either way, but I think the Leaf's goalie fell back himself. The first goal was not even close - Langs NEVER even made contact with him. The in-game announcers (Bob Cole is awesome) both said that the second goal should have counted - and I agree.

Did anyone watch FSNY? What were "our" announcers saying about it? I know both goals got reviewed by league office, but I was really surprised that CBC was so biased. Cherry even went so far as to say that there's no way those goals should count, blah, blah, blah. am I the only one who thinks Langs didn't even touch the goalie on the first one? :noclue:

On second thought, I don't care - we won. Way to go Dev's!

Edited by Motor City Devil