Would you do this trade?

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Florida if they wanna receive Parise for Jay...

but in a NJ point of view.. i will not done that deal (or i make a save before.. do the trade... look how it works.. and if that sucks after few game... i reload my save)

No way we get Jay for anything but additional talent... yeah, I know Elias has a no movement clause but lets pretend that isn't an issue... this would make us strong in the back but so weak up front... just interested in thoughts

Just a question, Do you really think LOU is going to shell out prob $6.5-7 million to sign RFA Jay B. from FL? We are not getting him.

Just a question, Do you really think LOU is going to shell out prob $6.5-7 million to sign RFA Jay B. from FL? We are not getting him.

If Lou could work out a trade that made sense and JBo would sign a longer term deal at those numbers then I think Lou would jump on that.

If Lou could work out a trade that made sense and JBo would sign a longer term deal at those numbers then I think Lou would jump on that.

True. Maybe LOU will have a change of heart. I mean did we honestly see him paying Rolston $5 million a year. We will def have to trade a few people if he is targeting Jay. VV is 1st on the list, but we need about $ 4 million more freed up to sign this guy. I say at $6.5(He will demand what Redden got)

What is really bad is the Rangers (as usualy) ruined the market price for D-men by giving Redden 6.5 per season. Now everyone is going to want more.

Redden and Campbell killed the Market. I still can't believe Campbell is worth that much :doh1:

How's the whole RFA thing work?

It all depends. If we flat out offer a RFA like Jay B a contract for $6.5 million then if FL doesn't match it they will demand draft picks because the size of the contract $$.

Remember Dustin Penner from last year when Edmonton offered him a huge contract as a RFA and Anaheim didn't match the offer and took a boatload of picks from them. This is why we must trade for Jay B rights then sign him. I don't want to lose 2 first rounders and much more.

**Penner got $4.25 million from Edmonton and in compensation Anaheim got their 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder in this draft. If we sign Jay B for $6.5 we give up more picks. Hell no!!

FYI from last year.. The deal pays $4.25 million in each of the next five seasons, a huge raise over the league minimum $450,000 the 24-year-old Penner earned last season in the last year of his entry-level contract. The Ducks have seven days to match the offer. Should they decide not to match, the Ducks would receive from the Oilers a first-round draft pick as well as a second-round pick and a third-round choice.

I think you can build a defense around Bo. I'd give them Gionta, Greene/Brook/Mottau and our 1st in 2009 -- then we're set for a few last swings at the cup while we have Marty.

I know the Devs are a defense first team but with our lackluster scoring as is some of you guys would trade away our most creative talent and most potent playoff forward for a D-man? Don't get me wrong our D would probably be set with JB but then we are going to have to keep the other team from scoring more than 1 or 2 goals to win and that just isn't happening with the NHL now....

Probably not. I think you'd be taking the only creative offensive player away from the Devils. Long term obviously that deal would be good for the Devils but I think it messed up short term too much.

I agree with 731 on this. I think taking Elias out of the lineup as it stands today would be largly disruptive as he (and Parise) are really the only truly creative forwards on the team. I guess the big question is how long JB would play AFTER Elias retires as then it is a much better move for the Devils then.

Aside from being know as a first round pick, what has Bouwmeister done in Florida that warrants trading our only offensive player?

I watched him on Center Ice and he can control a game when he is on, he could be scary good with a good supporting cast