DNC looking like a real Hollywood production now

Congress Approval Ratings:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/Congress-Public.aspx

This is the closest I could find to a chart similar to the Bush one, current approval rating at 18%

That is always a silly comparison. People don't vote for congress as a whole. They vote for their congressperson. If you looked at the average approval rating of each congressperson they would be significantly higher.

That is always a silly comparison. People don't vote for congress as a whole. They vote for their congressperson. If you looked at the average approval rating of each congressperson they would be significantly higher.

true, you can see congress's historical approval rating is quite low from the graph

But a guy that is inspirational enough, charming enough and enigmatic enough to draw such devotion that he could be compared to the likes of JFK and Dr. King.... isn't that a *GOOD* thing for the Democrats? Isn't someone that is going to appeal to the masses better than Gore or Kerry?

That's the problem with the Democrats, Don. They always figure out a way to screw things up. They somehow managed to let the 2000 election slip through their fingers, and they had 2004 practically on a silver platter and still couldn't pull it off. They pretty much *need* Obama's cult of personality if they're to have a chance against McCain.

It's too much, too soon for him, not enough experience and I just don't like the personal connections he's made over his life.

And you're comfortable with Hillary's personal connections, comrade?

I find the total waste of money (next week will be too) obscene - how are we suppose to take these clowns seriously when they pull coronations likes this (when they havent won anything yet) ... I thought the money china spent last week was sick but this is almost as insane .... :puke: :puke:

Yeah, that's kinda the point. :doh1:

Obama isn't perfect. There is going to be some fair criticism tossed his way.

McCain survived the Democratic convention, it's like they're afraid to hit him. Obama is going to be brutalized.

I think head to head in a debate Obama will make McCain look like a tool.

Then why did he run away when challendged to 10 town hall style debates?

I'll answer that for you.......................he's a puppet who cannot think on his feet.

Remember, "It's above my pay grade"? What a cop out.

Remember, "It's above my pay grade"? What a cop out.

He was asked to define when human life starts. That is a philosophical question that is above everyone's pay grade. I think it shows more balls to say "I don't know" than to take a guess and stand by it like it is fact. But I think Barrack made a great point last night. Instead of red vs blue stances on abortion, why the hell doesn't the country spend more resources on stopping unwanted pregnancies before they start?

It's an amazing visual spectacle...this is exactly what they should've set up for Gore or Kerry to drum up more interest and excitement.

I just don't get the hype of Obama, and something like this can be twisted into an over the top coronation. I don't like how Obama was forced down our throats and this show of strength among the Obamacult can come off as a little intimidating.

true, he's really been packaged like a blockbuster summer movie.

yes Hillary was my gal, and I can't commit to Obama this year. It's too much, too soon for him, not enough experience and I just don't like the personal connections he's made over his life.

QFT

He's NEVER had a piece of legislation passed.

He spent 144 days in the Senate before he announced.

He's not ready, and after he loses this election, he's done.

:pray:

That's the problem with the Democrats, Don. They always figure out a way to screw things up. They somehow managed to let the 2000 election slip through their fingers, and they had 2004 practically on a silver platter and still couldn't pull it off. They pretty much *need* Obama's cult of personality if they're to have a chance against McCain.

And you're comfortable with Hillary's personal connections, comrade?

You seem to be fine with Obama's :P

What I always find amusing is that Liberals seem to fall in love with their candidate and close

their eyes. Almost like they forget these people are politicians. :blink:

Obama isn't perfect. There is going to be some fair criticism tossed his way.

McCain survived the Democratic convention, it's like they're afraid to hit him. Obama is going to be brutalized.

I believe we will see the heat turned up very soon.

He was asked to define when human life starts. That is a philosophical question that is above everyone's pay grade. I think it shows more balls to say "I don't know" than to take a guess and stand by it like it is fact. But I think Barrack made a great point last night. Instead of red vs blue stances on abortion, why the hell doesn't the country spend more resources on stopping unwanted pregnancies before they start?

Thats bullsh!t and you know it.

Great point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.