Market Meltdown Monday

PeteyNice

What MAKES the Republicans and Democrats better, other then having the objective to smear the other party as much as possible and deflect from the 'things' they do not do right.

The simple inclusion of a 3rd party doesn't make them better, you need to make a case on what excactly it is that you feel the Republicans and Democrats do wrong and how that 3rd party will make it right. This is faulty logic, "Reps and Dem's suck therefore another Party must be better". It could be, you have to make a case for it.

Just because the Reps and Dems bicker like little children is no reason to assume a 3rd party wouldn't do the exact same.

link

I'm too tired to read it

Ooo nice find

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because the Reps and Dems bicker like little children is no reason to assume a 3rd party wouldn't do the exact same.

I can assure you that having *5* parties polling at 8% or more does *NOT* reduce bickering. :)

I think the issue in the US is that Ron Paul, Babar, and Ralph Nader are running on the fringes. There is no candidate/party running between the Republicans and Democrats.

Uhh it has been swinging wildly for the last two weeks. You are naive if you think one good day means the crisis is over.

Uhh, of course it has but look at the thread title for just a second:

"Market Meltdown Monday".

Should I start a new thread with "Market Surge Tuesday" since it was one of the biggest increases ever?

The point is that one day's activity means little unless you are a day-trader.

I think the issue in the US is that Ron Paul, Babar, and Ralph Nader are running on the fringes. There is no candidate/party running between the Republicans and Democrats.

We don't need any cartoon elephants in the White House. Who's his running mate, Zephyr or Cornelius?

Personally, what makes Ralph Nader so appealing is that he is not corporate-owned. Forget bickering, this is what makes the two main parties so unappealing ... they are both owned by big business. They don't work for us.

Personally, what makes Ralph Nader so appealing is that he is not corporate-owned. Forget bickering, this is what makes the two main parties so unappealing ... they are both owned by big business. They don't work for us.

More parties won

Uhh, of course it has but look at the thread title for just a second:

"Market Meltdown Monday".

Should I start a new thread with "Market Surge Tuesday" since it was one of the biggest increases ever?

The point is that one day's activity means little unless you are a day-trader.

Actually, i think the thread was made for last monday and we have just kept it alive

We don't need any cartoon elephants in the White House. Who's his running mate, Zephyr or Cornelius?

I don't know. Stephen Colbert told me that Babar was running for the Libertarian party and Stephen doesn't lie!

colbert-babar.jpg

Lifted from elsewhere...

UNCERTAINTY AT JAPANESE BANKS

Following problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on the Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that the staff may get a raw deal.

Lifted from elsewhere...

UNCERTAINTY AT JAPANESE BANKS

Following problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on the Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that the staff may get a raw deal.

Very clever!

So at what point should we start taking out the bulk of our money from the banks and hiding it under our mattress's?

Not to start anything but just to say, I withdrew $9,999.99 ($10,000 or more requires FBI forms and can take longer) from a checking account on Saturday and have it in a safe in my house.

I believe the Internets.

When I first read that people predicted dire things on 10/7 I thought it was just because I have jury duty that day. The more I read the more scared I become.

withdrawing 9999.99 is super sketchy.

It may be. But my bank is cool. $10k or over they are required to report it to the FBI because of concerns about money laundering. Under that, and it is at their discretion.

ETA: As for tomorrow:

http://pimpinturtle.com/2008/09/08/web-bot...ning-point.aspx

That is just the first hit on Google and I am starving. Do a search for Web Bots Project 10/7/08 .

Edited by PeteyNice

It may be. But my bank is cool. $10k or over they are required to report it to the FBI because of concerns about money laundering. Under that, and it is at their discretion.

yeah well you better be sure about that. rush limbaugh got busted by doing the same thing (constantly withdrawing $9999).

naturally that $10k figure has stayed the same over 30 years despite inflation - thanks, american government!

Edited by Triumph

If you're withdrawing just under 10k multiple times in a short time frame the bank will not file a Cash Transaction Report most likely, but they may. They should, and most likely will, fill a Suspicious Activity Report that just basically says here is a guy who is structuring his withdrawals to purposely avoid having a CTR be filed on him and here are the transactions. Then the government will look at your transactions and say you're not doing anything wrong and you'll never hear about it.

And so it begins....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_...land_meltdown_1

REYKJAVIK, Iceland - This volcanic island near the Arctic Circle is on the brink of becoming the first "national bankruptcy" of the global financial meltdown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Home to just 320,000 people on a territory the size of Kentucky, Iceland has formidable international reach because of an outsized banking sector that set out with Viking confidence to conquer swaths of the British economy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.