Oh that Linda Cohn...

ILikeItVeryMuch

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's a pro-Ranger world unfortunately, which for us Devils fans is really frustrating. And I think that this is probably one of the few places where Devils fans can vent that frustration. As evidenced by my post. :blahblah:

It's not a pro-Ranger world. They've won 1 Stanley Cup that anyone can remember. The MEDIA might be pro-Ranger, but certainly not the world, or the hockey gods.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x2

She's a blatant homer.

Please tell me you're not going by your pre-season wins, are we? :blink:

We'll talk in a few months.

Yeah losing Jagr and Avery, the keys to even beating the Devils, is not gonna affect anything.. No to mention they still finished below NJ in the standings last year in any case

Yeah losing Jagr and Avery, the keys to even beating the Devils, is not gonna affect anything.. No to mention they still finished below NJ in the standings last year in any case

Getting away from Jagr was the right move. Avery, yes...I wish he was still on the team but he isn't. We're fine.

So we finished below NJ in the standings...what's your point? Because I really don't need to remind you of the playoffs.

Linda who?

Oh, and do we really need another thread about the Rangers or Rangers-loving pseudo-writers? Can't we just focus on the Devils and stop giving a sh!t about the Raggots (unless there's a game against them coming)?

Thank You, I thought I was the only one that thinks we talk about them too much.

Getting away from Jagr was the right move. Avery, yes...I wish he was still on the team but he isn't. We're fine.

So we finished below NJ in the standings...what's your point? Because I really don't need to remind you of the playoffs.

The What-Offs? :whistling:

So I guess Jagr, the Captain, was not liked and was "better to move away from"? Odd.. didnt think Rag$ fans thought that way.. Playoffs, huh? Talk to me when NYR actually comes close to winning a Cup. Or better yet, past the 2nd round.

BTW why is a Rag$ fan on a Devils board? I still dont get that..

Edited by nmigliore

Hey, you didn't sweep us...like we swept you.

It's pretty hard to get upset with all these stanley cup rings still shining since they're so new.

Hey, you didn't sweep us...like we swept you.

It's pretty hard to get upset with all these stanley cup rings still shining since they're so new.

Trust me, getting swept in the first round is easy: it was quick and it was painless. Losing in the ECF in the seventh game, in double OT...THAT's gotta hurt!

Yes, you guys have the rings, you were clearly the better team...no one can dispute that.

But lets face it: Devil fans are obsessed with the Rangers. That's a bonafide fact. If some crappy ESPN analyst picks the Rangers, lets make a thread. If the Rangers are playing a pre-season game, lets make a thread. If a Ranger is discussed ANYWHERE, lets make a thread. You guys are more worried talking and hating on the Rangers then putting fans in your own seats.

You know I'm right too. Hell, even your own have made numerous comments on, "let's talk about our team and not the rags."

So I guess Jagr, the Captain, was not liked and was "better to move away from"? Odd.. didnt think Rag$ fans thought that way.. Playoffs, huh? Talk to me when NYR actually comes close to winning a Cup. Or better yet, past the 2nd round.

Talk to me about getting past the 2nd round in recent as well. Because let's face: we can both bring up the past, but we've pretty much been in the same boat the last few years.

BTW why is a Rag$ fan on a Devils board? I still dont get that..

To talk hockey, I'm cool with some of your members (Like NJCroMag). Not to mention that I got rid of classless ranger fans from hounding your boards. Look, if you think I'm hear to rub crap in your face, then why didn't I dance around after the 1st round last season?

Trust me, getting swept in the first round is easy: it was quick and it was painless. Losing in the ECF in the seventh game, in double OT...THAT's gotta hurt!

Yes, you guys have the rings, you were clearly the better team...no one can dispute that.

But lets face it: Devil fans are obsessed with the Rangers. That's a bonafide fact. If some crappy ESPN analyst picks the Rangers, lets make a thread. If the Rangers are playing a pre-season game, lets make a thread. If a Ranger is discussed ANYWHERE, lets make a thread. You guys are more worried talking and hating on the Rangers then putting fans in your own seats.

You know I'm right too. Hell, even your own have made numerous comments on, "let's talk about our team and not the rags."

The only thing that the Rangers held up since 1994 was the Victoria Cup, now THAT's gotta hurt!

Edited by SteveStevens

I like when Ranger fans come to a Devils message board to talk about obsession with the other team. :lol: Just as most Ranger fans don't come to Devils message boards, but some do, most Devils fans care way more about the Devils than any other team, but there are some exceptions.

The only thing that the Rangers held up since 1994 was the Victoria Cup, now THAT's gotta hurt!

It doesn't. Post-lockout I'm loving what we've accomplished thus far. We're making strides.

Now, Devil fans have been blessed with such crazy success since like 1995. You've guys kicked some ass (minus a few years) but have been steady and always a powerhouse. You guys are spoiled...

...I'm kinda curious to see what's going to happen "if" (because maybe it'll never happen) your team becomes "mediocre." What will happen to your fan base? What will happen to ticket sales?

Really. it doesn't hurt. If it did we would not stop complaining, making threads, and obesessing over the devils, or the sabres (2 years ago), etc.

I like when Ranger fans come to a Devils message board to talk about obsession with the other team. :lol: Just as most Ranger fans don't come to Devils message boards, but some do, most Devils fans care way more about the Devils than any other team, but there are some exceptions.

Hi! I want you to look over a lot of my posts now. Go on...I've talked about what I thought about your picking up of rolston (liked) and holik (overrated), I've talked and just messed around with NJcromag, etc.

Usually I'll retort when (out of nowhere) some Debbie fan will start with me...not the other way around.

Take this thread for example: I AGREED with everyone. Linda Cohn sucks and is a blind homer. What's the next thing that is said to me? A jab about the rangers...

Nice.

Hi! I want you to look over a lot of my posts now. Go on...I've talked about what I thought about your picking up of rolston (liked) and holik (overrated), I've talked and just messed around with NJcromag, etc.

Usually I'll retort when (out of nowhere) some Debbie fan will start with me...not the other way around.

Take this thread for example: I AGREED with everyone. Linda Cohn sucks and is a blind homer. What's the next thing that is said to me? A jab about the rangers...

Nice.

thank you for all your kind words. your a gentleman and a scholar.

Rangerfans is right on what he says about being obsessed over the Rangers. I never had a problem with him and I have had many hockey discussions with him last season. He is one of the better Rangers fans that come here unlike all the other Ranger fans that come here.

I am one of the people here that always say "let's talk about our team and not the rags." It does get annoying and would rather talk about OUR team the New Jersey Devils. The same crap goes for talking and bringing up Sean Avery all the time and he is gone from the Rangers now. There is really NO need to keep talking about Avery and the Rangers. Some are just too obsessed with the whole Rangers thing and Avery.

As far as attendance goes, that is a broken record too and EVERY team has attendance problems since the lockout. MSG does not sell out every game and infact I can get a ticket anytime @ MSG. There is always empty seats there and everywhere, so talking about attendance is a waste of time. That is the way it goes and it will never go away like the Rangers and Avery.

Edited by SatansDevils

As far as attendance goes, that is a broken record too and EVERY team has attendance problems since the lockout. MSG does not sell out every game and infact I can get a ticket anytime @ MSG. There is always empty seats there and everywhere, so talking about attendance is a waste of time. That is the way it goes and it will never go away like the Rangers and Avery.

Point well taken. Your honor, I would like to remove the following from the discussion.

Lord knows MSG is just as guilty.

Edited by Rangerfans

Want to know why? I'll amuse you for the sake of schooling you.

It's becuase Devils fans have never seen a team so overhyped, overrated and overindulged like the New York Rangers. A team that's won ONE Cup in 68 years and was a primary reason for the lockout. It's a team that has been so highly unsucessful in it's history post WW2, yet has the obnoxious, arrogant belief in it's history and tradition like a team that's won multiple cups and dominated the NHL. Losing and dissapointing it's fans over the course of 68 years is their only tradition.

The New York Rangers are media whores. Always have been always will be. If they played in any other US City, where they didn't have the protection of the vast media and bull sh!t New York "protection", they'd be a public laughingstock over the rather disaapointing, underachieving history they've had. Want an example of what the Rangers would be and should be like for all their misgivings and bullsh!t? Have a look at the recent history of the Chicago Blackhawks. Too bad the people of NY didn't follow the Chicago fans example, instead they still lined Dolan's pockets and laid claim in the fact "they we're the most loyal fans in sport". :blahblah: when they should have been sending a message.

It's an organization that cries for attention, cries "look at us!!!!". Retiring all those jersey numbers is nothing but an attention grab. The Rangers only honor what tradition they have when it suits their needs marketing wise or when they can put on a big show. Where was Bathgate and Howell's numbers being retired years ago like they should have? Why don't they just retire the whole 1994 team? Adam Graves? Alright, a very good, solid player and consummate teammate and one of the only Rags i can tolerate. Outside of one 50+ goal season, what's he done? Charity and community work gets your # retired now? I guess Bruce Driver's #23 is going up at the Rock!

Oh, and BTW, if you think Devils fans are the only ones that feel this way, it's becuase you don't visit other team's boards like a true troll. I find it amusing and think it's a complement that you are here worried more about what we think of your historically unsuccessful and dissapointing, media whoring organization then over talking about them. Thanks for proving that Rangers fans are just as insecure as they claim Devils fans are.

Edited by SJP20

Point well taken. Your honor, I would like to remove the following from the discussion.

Lord knows MSG is just as guilty.

Yes they are along with every other arena in the NHL. It is not cheap to go to a game no matter where the location is. An average night with ticket, parking and food is not cheap and could at least cost a hundred dollars and a lot more depending on the ticket and how many along with the food.

It's becuase Devils fans have never seen a team so overhyped, overrated and overindulged like the New York Rangers. A team that's won ONE Cup in 68 years and was a primary reason for the lockout. It's a team that has been so highly unsucessful in it's history post WW2, yet has the obnoxious, arrogant belief in it's history and tradition like a team that's won multiple cups and dominated the NHL. Losing and dissapointing it's fans over the course of 68 years is their only tradition.

The New York Rangers are media whores. Always have been always will be. If they played in any other US City, where they didn't have the protection of the vast media and bull sh!t New York "protection", they'd be a public laughingstock over the rather disaapointing, underachieving history they've had. Want an example of what the Rangers would be and should be like for all their misgivings and bullsh!t? Have a look at the recent history of the Chicago Blackhawks. Too bad the people of NY didn't follow the Chicago fans example, instead they still lined Dolan's pockets and laid claim in the fact "they we're the most loyal fans in sport". :blahblah: when they should have been sending a message.

It's an organization that cries for attention, cries "look at us!!!!". Retiring all those jersey numbers is nothing but an attention grab. The Rangers only honor what tradition they have when it suits their needs marketing wise or when they can put on a big show. Where was Bathgate and Howell's numbers being retired years ago like they should have? Why don't they just retire the whole 1994 team? Adam Graves? Alright, a very good, solid player and consummate teammate and one of the only Rags i can tolerate. Outside of one 50+ goal season, what's he done? Charity and community work gets your # retired now? I guess Bruce Driver's #23 is going up at the Rock!

Oh, and BTW, if you think Devils fans are the only ones that feel this way, it's becuase you don't visit other team's boards like a true troll. I find it amusing and think it's a complement that you are here worried more about what we think of your historically unsuccessful and dissapointing, media whoring organization then over talking about them. Thanks for proving that Rangers fans are just as insecure as they claim Devils fans are.

Nice post unknown poster! Devils fans maybe obsessed with the Rangers and as well as with the Flyers. I can sure tell you that the same goes for the Rangers and Flyers fans being obsessed with the Devils with all of their success in the last 14-plus years. It is a two-way street when it comes to rivals.

This can be said of pretty much any fanbase in any sport. Every fanbase is going to have fans that are obsessed with the rival, I've seen it here, I've seen it on another hockey forum, I've seen it on my Yankee forum, and I've seen it on a Red Sox forum that I occasionally visit. I don't think its fair to generalize an entire fanbase like that.

A Rangers fan who took the time to register on NJDEVS.com is telling me that I am obsessed with the Rangers. That is awesome, keep it coming. This means you had to...

1. Click onto NJDevs.com

2. Respond to this thread

You probably believe that every seat in MSG is filled for every Rangers home game too without the help of Little Jimmy Dolan's pen. I like the "hurr care about filling your own seats" remark too, its like Rangers trolls go to school to say the same things on every forum.

Shes a moron, it has nothing to do with us being obsessed with anything. Stop being so defensive of your aging ESPN fangirl.

SJ, excellent post by the way, my feelings exactly. We get it Rangers fans, you play in Manhattan on top of the largest travel business hub in the world, be happy that you do.

Edited by ILikeItVeryMuch

Schooling me? Alrighty! I'm ready!

So I assume that the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Chicago Blackhawks are a teams that have no history or tradition. That none of these teams have die-hard fans that simply love the team and the sport of hockey?

I hate to say it: But a major reason that they're an "overhyped" team is due to their being an "Original Six" team. Is it fair? Absolutely not. However, that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Let's look at other sports for a moment: Anyone follow soccer? The Glasgow Celtic or Benfica are two teams that come to mind when it comes to dedicated fans, history, and tradition that does NOT succeed in "major" events (ie: Champion's League). However that doesn't make their teams, etc. overrated or less respected then say...Barcelona. Have the Rangers -- overall -- been successful? Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean that they do not have a rich history and tradition.

New York is New York. Of course the city is going to be filled with media whores...hate to say but that's how it has always been. What message should the fans of been sending? Win or lose, bad or not...the fans were loyal to the team and supported them.

I agree particularly with Any Bathgate's number being retired. But when it comes to retiring a jersey...it does have to do with what he's done with the organization...not what his records are, that's for the Hall of Fame. Why was Daneyko's number retired? Because he was a devil: Loyal, a leader, and a fan favorite.

Do I agree with Grave's number being retired? Not sure...but the fans loved him, he did SO MUCh for the community, and he was part of a stanley cup team.

As for retiring numbers left and right...it shouldn't be the Rangers we're discussing, but Montreal: another team that is rich with tradition and history. (Though they have far more success than the Rangers, I'll admit)

I'm not a true troll. And I do know that other teams hate us but I also know that other fans don't. And why do you think I'm worried about what you think about us? I'm not. Am I aware that you're obsessed? You bet...but that doesn't mean I'm worried.

A Rangers fan who took the time to register on NJDEVS.com is telling me that I am obsessed with the Rangers. That is awesome, keep it coming.

You probably believe that every seat in MSG is filled for every Rangers home game too without the help of Little Jimmy Dolan's pen.

Shes a moron, it has nothing to do with us being obsessed with anything. Stop being so defensive of your aging fangirl.

*sigh* A Ranger fan who registered to get rid of ranger trolls that were obnoxious and idiotic...you remind me of them.

She? Are we gender confused?

And I'm not quite sure what you're rambling about with Dolan and MSG....um...so I'll just ignore it.

This can be said of pretty much any fanbase in any sport. Every fanbase is going to have fans that are obsessed with the rival, I've seen it here, I've seen it on another hockey forum, I've seen it on my Yankee forum, and I've seen it on a Red Sox forum that I occasionally visit. I don't think its fair to generalize an entire fanbase like that.

I agree. And you use a perfect example...

But you must admit: It seems like it's any newspaper clipping or any "thing" that has Ranger in it, is being talked about.

...I'm really not helping the situation. So I apologize. I'll leave to dampen the flames. I'll be back soon though.